PDA

View Full Version : Being a woman, with full male rights?

makin' it real
02-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I feel caught on the horns of a dilemma. I love dressing in women's clothes, thinking in ways that more resemble those of women, and shaping my body to more closely resemble that of a woman. Even though I was wearing women's underclothes, pants, and shoes all day today, I couldn't wait to get home and get my girls into something a little more supportive and built for their shape. :GD:!

I've been using herbs for the past 4 months to help feminize my body, after finally coming to accept that this girlie part of me is worthy of love and respect, and permission to exist. That acceptance has been such a relief and release! Yay! I've given myself much greater freedom to buy and keep clothes, as well as start this movement toward feminization of my body.

Here's my dilemma. I love how my changing body feels. The slightly wider hips, bigger butt, shapelier legs, and OMG I've got Breasts!!!!! It's my lifelong dream coming true!!! I enjoy the changed emotional state I've been in, partly hormonal, and largely due to the greater freedom to be ME. I would love to continue moving this direction, but am concerned about acceptance by others. My boobs have already received comment from a co-worker who asked if I've been working out (and I was even wearing an undergarment with slight compression that day).

I enjoy the rights and privileges that come with being a man, and am sexually attracted exclusively to women. I want to continue sharing and growing in my professional relationships and personal friendships that have taken a lifetime to develop (I turn 50 next month), but I also want to bring more of this previously-shame-filled-now-seen-as-beautiful, life-affirming, joy-filled part of myself into greater personal and public expression.

I'd sure love to hear how you girls have handled it. Any tips or suggestions? Questions to ask myself or others? And yes, I am in therapy with a wonderfully understanding and insightful therapist. Working with her has helped me get this far. Now I'm hoping to hear more from you.

Thanks for listening.

makin' it real

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” ~Albert Einstein

Lainie
02-08-2010, 09:25 PM
the rights and privileges that come with being a man

I guess you mean the respect of your colleagues, and the presumption that you are to be take seriously. Men & women enjoy the respect of colleagues by earning it. Let us know how it works out.

gabimartini
02-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Read your post, quite a quandary you are facing there, huh?

I understand your anguish. I mean, on one hand you are finally getting to experience who you really are, and are feeling great about it.

On the other, it doesn't seem entirely right to have to throw 50 years of hard work and personal relationships down the drain to live that dream.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible for you to eat your cake and have it. You are going to have to decide which way you want to go. And that decision will involve letting go of some stuff that may be dear to you.

There's two ways to go about it. You either do it yourself, by proactively choosing the way. Or you can wait and let life decide for you. The latter is more inertial, seemingly comfortable, but generally produces worst results.

My two cents.

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 09:31 PM
I've been using herbs for the past 4 months to help feminize my body, after finally coming to accept that this girlie part of me is worthy of love and respect, and permission to exist. That acceptance has been such a relief and release! Yay! I've given myself much greater freedom to buy and keep clothes, as well as start this movement toward feminization of my body.

So you are transitioning? Acceptance is not something that comes easy. Also the fact that you are eager to make drastic, permanent and potentially deadly changes to your body, but have not even weighed the social consequences, then that is a huge red flag, and I'm scared for you.

Hormones (ANY kind) can be very, very dangerous without proper medical supervision, and I'm shocked a therapist would agree that you should begin changing your body, while not even sure about your path.

. I would love to continue moving this direction, but am concerned about acceptance by others

To me, this implies that you don't need this, but just want it.

And then, getting respect as a man would, but presenting as woman is something not even cis-women always achieve, and believe me, we trans folk have to fight for our rights.

BTW, welcome to the forum! Sorry to be a downer! :tongueout

Sara Jessica
02-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Wow, another "herbal really works" thread.

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM

That too...:eek:

VeronicaMoonlit
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
There's this thing called "Feminism", you might want to learn about that.

Veronica Rogers

Karren H
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I didn't think males had rights??? I'll have to go check it out with my wife and see....

SuzanneBender
02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Acceptance is not something that comes easy. Also the fact that you are eager to make drastic, permanent and potentially deadly changes to your body, but have not even weighed the social consequences, then that is a huge red flag, and I'm scared for you.

To me, this implies that you don't need this, but just want it.

Dear I had the same reaction as Amanda. It sounds to me like you have yet to really make a decission yet you are throwing yourself down the road of transistion.

If all the trappings of your male life mean so much to you then you need to consider not transistioning. The one constant of transistion is nothing will remain the same if you think the costs are too high find a way to bring balance without transistion.

Karen564
02-08-2010, 10:34 PM

:heehee:
I have a couple bridges to sell too.....I'll let them go for cheap & throw in a years supply of top notch herbals guaranteed not to work!! what a deal.!!!

Payment by Cash, Check or Paypal happily accepted..:)

As far as makin it real goes, I don't know what to tell ya, just keep doing what your doing, your old enough to live anyway you see fit..

I'm thirsty & need a drink now....:drink:

suchacutie
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I was 55 when we discovered Tina. I was completely ensconced in the male world, married, and completely comfortable. Then Tina arrived.

The world changed. Suddenly I needed to accomodate Tina with this male body. I lost 35 pounds, started shaping my eyebrows, added all the feminine skin techniques (takes me forever in the morning!), started learning about feminine movement and speech, changed my voice, and started spending money to outfit the feminine side of me (she's also a lush, but we won't go into that here). I like my male self but I can't do without Tina.

So, we compromise. My male self is always first and foremost available to my wife. But, she likes Tina to visit as well, so we invite Tina as often as we can. It really is possible to adapt to both genders, and as time goes on I expect Tina will visit more often. In fact, my wife asked the other day if Tina was jealous of the amount of time I spend as my male self. Quite a perceptive woman I married.

Hang in there and find your own balance. I see no need to only be in one gender when both fascinate me!

tina

Tamara Croft
02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Wow, another "herbal really works" thread.That's what happens when newbies post... they think we're gonna buy into the :BS: 4 months and you have breasts? wider hips... etc..etc.. Hmm... ok then... :rolleyes:

Karen564
02-09-2010, 12:02 AM
That's what happens when newbies post... they think we're gonna buy into the :BS: 4 months and you have breasts? wider hips... etc..etc.. Hmm... ok then... :rolleyes:

:iagree:

I just didn't want to be the one to put the bs flag up.......lol

Stephenie S
02-09-2010, 12:41 AM

Well dear, I can tell you one thing for sure.

We are ALL waiting with baited breath to hear just what "herbs" you have been using to give you these results in such a short time. Please share.

Rachel Morley
02-09-2010, 12:43 AM
That's what happens when newbies post... they think we're gonna buy into the :BS: 4 months and you have breasts? wider hips... etc..etc.. Hmm... ok then... :rolleyes:
I agree. The "audience" here is way smarter than others might think. :2c: IMHO, I think the OP has underestimated who they're talking to.

makin' it real
02-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Well, I guess I'm not really askin you to believe, nor am I sellin anything. I've been reading the posts here for a couple 3 months and was initially quite taken aback by the lashings doled out upon those who ask about or comment favorably on herbals. I see some of that is still here, so I'm not particularly interested in engaging in that discussion. Yet.

That said, I also very much appreciate the efforts to keep people from blowing smoke up other people's skirts. Truly, it is important to separate the wheat from the chaff, and there is so very much chaff out there.

What I am interested in is starting to talk with you all, and getting to know you. And getting to be known by you. I've been reading the board regularly because the things you talk about are things that matter to me too. So thank you. I'm tickled that so many of you have responded already. I've enjoyed reading your posts, and, while I'm a little scared to start putting myself out there like this, even with the ostensibly anonymous nature of the internets, I'm also looking forward to it.

I've never before taken part in chat rooms or discussion boards, so I don't know some of the protocols, or whether this next comment might seem odd. I know it seems a bit odd to me that I've read so many of your stories even though we haven't yet "talked." I just want to let you know how much I appreciate you being here and sharing. I regularly see lots of people signed in to the forums, but only 20 or so posting very much, so that tells me lots of others also appreciate this site being available, even if they don't say much.

Yeah, Lainie, you nailed it. Yes, by male rights I do mean things like the assumption of competence. I work with quite a few highly competent women, and it's still quite clear there's a gender divide in which men earn respect far more easily than do women. Sad but true, and in many areas of life, not just work.

I'm pretty darn clear I don't want to transition. At least, it seems pretty darn clear to me now, but then what do I know. I couldn't have predicted my current situation even a year ago.:rose: I do know I want to express my female side more freely and fully than I've ever let myself before.

Like many of you, I spent years feeling shame and guilt, and self-loathing for this "twisted" part of me. I called it bad names, knew I was sick, and purged regularly. (See! I didn't even know that word use until I started reading here. It fits perfectly!) I can't do that to myself anymore. I know this part of me is here to stay, and I'm honoring it even by saying this here, right now. I like me, and I like this part of me. (Okay. Anyone wanna chime in with the full Stuart Smalley? :tongueout)

I like the term blending I've seen used here. That's the one that seems the best fit for where I am now. As Gabi (love your avatar, such a cutie) and Amanda (you look beautiful in your ID picture here) make clear, the path to transition is filled with all kinds of challenges that I know I'm not ready to take on. Much as I think I'd love to be a woman, I think the full deal is still just too foreign to me. I'm much more comfortable with maintaining my male identity while integrating as many of my female characteristics, physical, mental, and emotional, as possible.

Suzanne, thanks for your heartful response. You're right, of course. I'm only just learning, finally, how to be a decent person as a man, and I don't want to give up those relationships that are now starting to blossom. And thanks, tina, for chiming in as well. Your story has been an inspiration for me. I love the grace and openness with which you seem to be embracing this newly-discovered side to yourself. Karen and Tamara, thanks for keeping things real, and I look forward to talking with you more, hopefully about all kinds of things, not just the one topic you have to do the most policing on :love:.

Karren, what can I say, but :yrtw: :worship:
Love your humor, and ache with your heartbreaks too.

Blessings to you all, and thanks for welcoming me aboard.

makin' it real (I may have to come up with another name here, eh? This one seems a bit long.)

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” ~Albert Einstein

kellycan27
02-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Yeah Tamara.. you do have a lot of policing to do.. You might want to start with your cadbury creme egg thread in which deputy Karen564 seems like the worst offender. :rofl:
Kel

Karen564
02-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Don't believe a word of it Tamara, :wm: Kelly made me do it.....:sh:

PetiteDuality
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Makin it real:

Be careful with hormones. You say you don't want to transition, but some changes induced by hormones don't have a return point. Your breasts will stay and you will loose fertility, even after you stop.

If you don't want to transition, I guess you don't want those permanent changes.

Misty G
02-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I personally don't see way you can't have your cake and eat it too. I honestly think that I have pretty much achieved this. I get to dress about as much as I want too and wear what ever is comfortable at the time. I work as a male and enjoy what I do and then present as female when ever I want too. Which almost daily. I always underdress as I don't even own any male undies I always wear hose of some sort. Most of the jeans I wear are womens jeans. Which is what I wear to work. When at home I will most times wear a skirt or a pair or shorts sometimes with a tank or Tee doesn't really matter to me if the top is male or female because I mix them all the time just like a lot of the GG's do.
When I go out dressed or casual as a female or male it doesn't really matter. usually the only way to tell the difference is if I have in forms and a wig.

Kate Simmons
02-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Herbals or meds or therapy notwithstanding, any real change can only come from within us. We can have all of the equipment and hype but if we are really not convinced, it's only just a facade that will not hold up in real life.:)

Katesback
02-09-2010, 08:41 AM
I have met my share of Post-Op transsexual MEN. Yes I said MEN. Picture meeting this woman that is totally legally female and yet acts totally like a man. Has the agressiveness of a man and even goes to work presenting a man.

I can tell you that these people I am talking about from my perspective were the most SCREWED up transsexuals I have ever met! These people likely made the mistake of getting SRS without really thinking it out.

If you as a CD think you have issues with finding your place in society.........you havent even touched the iceburg comparred to these people!

kimdl93
02-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I won't get into the validity issues about this post, and certainly can't offer advice to anyone contemplating transition. That's something that must involve professional consultation, as noted by Katesback.

I do think that one can integrate various aspects of your identity in a way that fits the reality of your life. Unless you want everyone to know, your co-workers and professional associations needn't be impacted by how you live your personal life. I suspect subtle changes would go largely unnoticed.

TJ Tresa
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
i didn't think males had rights??? I'll have to go check it out with my wife and see....

agreed

Stephenie S
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
shaping my body to more closely resemble that of a woman. Even though I was wearing women's underclothes, pants, and shoes all day today, I couldn't wait to get home and get my girls into something a little more supportive and built for their shape.

I've been using herbs for the past 4 months to help feminize my body, after finally coming to accept that I've given myself much greater freedom to buy and keep clothes, as well as start this movement toward feminization of my body.

I love how my changing body feels. The slightly wider hips, bigger butt, shapelier legs, and OMG I've got Breasts!!!!! It's my lifelong dream coming true!!! I enjoy the changed emotional state I've been in, partly hormonal, and largely due to the greater freedom to be ME. My boobs have already received comment from a co-worker.

So, sweetie, with all due respect, we are still waiting. Really, this is a subject we are ALL interested in.

Tamara Croft
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
So, sweetie, with all due respect, we are still waiting. Really, this is a subject we are ALL interested in.Hell will freeze over first... you won't get an answer, because it's all :BS: and anyone that get's as baited as much as this member, would have posted links etc by now... so again, I'm calling this newbie post :BS:

next?

makin' it real
02-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Jeez, Tamara, do you mind if I get home first before writing me off as not responding? Yikes!

What I'd planned to respond with prior to your post was something similar to the following:

I hope to not disappoint anyone, as I have no miracle nostrums or potions. All I did was research a bit (something I love doing, and in fact do for a living) and use various combinations of herb and creams (purchased at the local store, not homemade syrup-smellers) that are already well known to many in this community. The changes I've experienced have been modest and incremental, yet pronounced and quite gratifying. Your results may vary.

Yes, I've read any number of reports from people who've tried the more commonly known supplements for even a year or more with no effect. My experience has been different. I don't know why some people experience the desired results and others don't. That's one of the incredible mysteries of being human, and one of the great challenges for medical science (which is where I do my research) since many of the most popular pharmaceutical treatments for medical conditions work for only 10-25% of the people who use them. That's just the way it goes.

I didn't figure to go into any details about what I did to get the results for a couple reasons. First, because moderators have shut down, deleted, edited, or moved threads that give such details, I figured such details were unwelcome here and I didn't want to intrude. Second, because I was genuinely more interested in discussing the psychological and social issues associated with these changes, and finding out how others have addressed these issues in their own lives, than I am in trying to promote or defend any specifc methods for producing physical change.

Then finally, I had thought to extend an offer to describe my experiences in detail after talking in private with the moderators to see if such a discussion would be welcome. Hey, I'm new here. I'd sort of like to check with them first on what's okay and what I could maybe contribute.

Besides my own story, which really isn't much - definitely nothing special, and nothing more or less than a few others have described here as their results from herbs and supplements - I had planned to offer privately to the moderators the possibility of me writing up a more scientific review of a collection of natural approaches to feminization and breast enlargement, basically summarize the published evidence for and against, possible benefits and contraindications.

Hey, that's what I do. Just so you know I'm not blowing smoke here, I'll out myself even more and make this offer more publicly. I do research at a top-tier medical school in Northern California. I previously started a small alternative health center and expanded it over time to have offices in 3 towns. Each of the offices were located in or associated with conventional medical practices or hospitals. I have served on a hospital ethics committee as the complementary and alternative medicine representative and have been doing conventional and alternative medical research since 1995. I'm currently working on studies funded by two separate National Institutes of Health grants. For what it's worth. (Which ain't much - I still couldn't find my phone tonight, twice, even though it was in the chair next to me both times. Ah well.)

I assume the moderators have my private contact information. If you'd like, you can contact me privately to verify the above information and we can talk about the idea of me writing something up. It’s really not a big deal for me either way. I'm more than a bit busy right now, so wouldn't be able to do it right away, but I care about the topic and would be glad to add this to my to-do list.

Meanwhile, I attended a wonderful class this evening that inspired me, so I'm going to start up another thread to share tonight's wonderings.

Take care,

still just "makin' it real," haven't really had a chance to consider a name for on here. sorry.

Karen564
02-10-2010, 02:40 AM
OMG!! I'm gonna need my thigh high boots if the BS gets any deeper....:lol2:

Sorry Hun, this Ole TS girl has seen it all . and it won't fly by me...

But keep on diggin if your up to it.....lol

makin' it real
02-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Shall I take that as a No, then? Okay. No worries. Anyone else?

Empress Lainie
02-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Guess my breasts just grew on their own since the herbs must have no effect.

Karen564
02-10-2010, 03:25 AM
Ummmmm, Duh, NO, not interested....I've got 4 years of REAL hormone therapy under my belt that was supervised by a REAL doctor & blood testing...
I'm as developed as far as I'm gonna get...

And I have pictures to back it up...but this is not the proper site for those......lol

makin' it real
02-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, it makes sense, Karen, you wouldn't be interested. You've already done the full transition, and sound satisfied with your results. Wonderful. And of course you know far more about transitioning and medical hormones than I ever will. You've lived it. All I've done is read a very little about it. Experience trumps book knowledge every time!

I was actually making this offer to the moderators to write up some of the evidence for and against alternative approaches because there seemed to me to be so much interest by others in non-pharmaceutical methods, particularly for bringing about smaller changes, not full transitions. Since the moderators called me out publicly, I thought I'd offer up something I'm good at that might help reduce disinformation, which is what I thought they wanted to do as well.

So what about it, moderators? Again, you can contact me privately if you want, or tell me to go blow, publicly. I'm really okay either way (though I hope you'll be gentle about it). Meanwhile, I'm going to let this go and move on to other topics until and unless I hear from you.

Wishing you all the best,

makin' it real

Kaitlyn Michele
02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I feel caught on the horns of a dilemma. I love dressing in women's clothes, thinking in ways that more resemble those of women, and shaping my body to more closely resemble that of a woman. Even though I was wearing women's underclothes, pants, and shoes all day today, I couldn't wait to get home and get my girls into something a little more supportive and built for their shape. :GD:!

Here's my dilemma. I love how my changing body feels. The slightly wider hips, bigger butt, shapelier legs, and OMG I've got Breasts!!!!! It's my lifelong dream coming true!!! I enjoy the changed emotional state I've been in, partly hormonal, and largely due to the greater freedom to be ME. I would love to continue moving this direction, but am concerned about acceptance by others. My boobs have already received comment from a co-worker who asked if I've been working out (and I was even wearing an undergarment with slight compression that day).

I enjoy the rights and privileges that come with being a man, and am sexually attracted exclusively to women. I want to continue sharing and growing in my professional relationships and personal friendships that have taken a lifetime to develop (I turn 50 next month), but I also want to bring more of this previously-shame-filled-now-seen-as-beautiful, life-affirming, joy-filled part of myself into greater personal and public expression.

I'd sure love to hear how you girls have handled it. Any tips or suggestions? Questions to ask myself or others? And yes, I am in therapy with a wonderfully understanding and insightful therapist. Working with her has helped me get this far. Now I'm hoping to hear more from you.

Thanks for listening.

makin' it real

just be yourself...i personally don't beleive 4 months of anything gets significant feminization, ESPECIALLY the hips.....but i hope for you its true

As far as your actual question, if you actually care for an answer, there are many girls that live very robust private lives and give up none of their male lives...you have to keep it secret, develop new friends in the TG communities that quietly thrive in many US cities, especially on the coasts, Chicago, etc...and just enjoy that part of it...if you bring your 2nd self into your male life...you are gonna have to deal with unfair consequences...its not fair, but its real life...

if you want to talk about herbals, and how you are "researcher" then you'll get bombarded because you deserve it...for example your 10-25% statistic is total and complete bullshit as it relates to HRT, which is effective for a vast majority of the girls that use it...if you disagree..lets see your empirical evidence...
if over time your research proves your concept is effective and SAFE for everyone....then that's different....but basically you are saying you're your own research subject...when your research is complete, and you have lots of evidence to back up your research , by all means publish it..it could be very exciting... btw..as a researcher....how many cm's have your breasts grown..your hips? how many measurements have you taken?

there is a smell test for any type of internet chat forum and so far, you are not passing it..

all the best to you
Kate

Sarah...
02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
by male rights I do mean things like the assumption of competence.

Really? I couldn't possibly assume you to be competent. That would be very unfair.

Kaz
02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Interesting comments and ideas... maybe you need to question your attitude to women and why you are transitioning? If indeed you are?

Karan49
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Makin it real,

When you talk about developing over a period of four months I find it hard to believe for several reasons. First, I see that my four sisters developed their well developed breasts over a period of years and during middle school I noticed it took years for the other gals to develope. It took two years for my own breasts to develope using a prescription hormone monitored by a doctor.

Now I hear from you of a treatment that far surpasses the natural process of female adolescence and the enhanced hormone therapy of respected medical practice.

Can you explain how your process out performs Mother Nature and the body's growth systems by a factor of six.

I'm just so scepical, but I'm willing to read what you have to say.

Karan

Karen564
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it makes sense, Karen, you wouldn't be interested. You've already done the full transition, and sound satisfied with your results. Wonderful. And of course you know far more about transitioning and medical hormones than I ever will. You've lived it. All I've done is read a very little about it. Experience trumps book knowledge every time!

After reading that, I could almost swear that I felt a whisper of smoke up my azz...lol

I have a friend here that asks me why I'm so mean...well, idk...sometimes certain people just pizz me off, and I'm one to say what's on my mind, maybe even more so now being 49 years young, but I'll try to be nicer...:devil:

And I want you to know that I have nothing against you personally and wish you the best, you do seem like a very nice, polite & a mild mannered person & all (that's the truth), but you would of gotten off to a much better start here if you left out your claimed results in 4 months time..that's where you blew any chance of being taken seriously or as crediable..even in the short period of time that I've been a member of this site, I've seen countless herbal salesmen pitches or try to pedal there product here, after a while, they all sound the same to me ..which btw, All seem to have so called Test Results after relentless researching, but theres always a catch somewhere..do you get my drift?

Earlier post I made when I said that you can keep digging if your up to it......

Well,,,,,, that was my subtle hint for you to stop digging...

makin' it real
02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, thanks Karen. I appreciate that. And yeah, I can understand how my initial posting could have been read as making some wildly outrageous claim, and I’m sorry for that. Truly, the changes have been minimal, but to me, any movement toward a more feminine body is an incredibly powerful experience. I try to be clear in all my communications, but it seems I didn’t hit the mark in that initial posting. Maybe it was my used-car salesman, overly-excited caps and exclamation marks that threw people off? “The slightly wider hips, bigger butt, shapelier legs, and OMG I've got Breasts!!!!!” :doh: Nah, that can’t be it! Whatever it was, it sure set off a firestorm, huh?

If y’all wouldn’t mind, I’d like to make those statements a little more concrete. No, I don’t have double-D’s after only 4 months. And I’m okay with that! :battingeyelashes: I just measured myself right now, and I have lost 1” at the bra strap line (that surprised me) and gained 2” at the nipple line since the start of October. These are very modest changes, but in appearance and feel, I’ve got little girls for the first time in my life, and that excites me. I give them no end of appreciation. As to the slightly wider hips, I don’t see it when I look in the mirror, but I feel it when I sit in my car. My hips make contact with the sides of the bucket seat now in places where they didn’t before. That may just be from increased butt mass spreading out, but I don’t think so because though there’s 2 inches more at the butt measurement, there’s also 1 inch more around the top of each thigh. It has changed the balance of my body when I walk.

That’s it. Really, pretty minor changes. But again, that’s the only kind I want. I don’t want to transition, I just want to move toward a more blended position. The differences in my emotional demeanor have been equally subtle. I’ve come to think I have been suffering all my life from testosterone poisoning (NOT speaking medically!). I was initially concerned about how the reduced aggression might affect me professionally, because I thought it was a requirement, a sort of driving force for getting things done, but find my increased desire for connection with others more than makes up for it, and is infinitely more satisfying. Again, these are subtle differences, but I notice them.

As to any doubters about these changes, and whether it was herbs that did it, I'm reminded of the Chico Marx quote (when he was dressed as Groucho): "Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?" In this case I'll go with my lying eyes. :daydreaming:

Oh, and Karen? That paragraph of mine you quoted? I meant it. I know it’s hard to convey tone across the internet, but really do assume it as a given that you already know far more about hormones and transitioning than I ever will. I mean, I just think that’s kind of obvious. It’s like that line from a supposedly Chinese teaching, “Would you rather learn how to ride a horse from someone who’s read every book ever written on horsemanship, or from someone who’s been riding every day for the last 40 years?” Uh, partner me with the experienced rider please!

Thanks again for your kind words,

makin' it real

kellycan27
02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Gosh Karen.. Maybe you two should get a room......:rofl:

Karen564
02-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Gosh Karen.. Maybe you two should get a room......:rofl:

Well there g/f,
Maybe we should.........:o

But you know I have Class tomorrow, thank you very much......:battingeyelashes:

kellycan27
02-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I haven't replied to the gist of this post because in all honesty I don't know a lot about herbs. I will say that while I was in college i did experiment with herb, and some really bazaar things did happen that I couldn't explain, but I was smoking em. maybe the method of ingestion has something to do with it? And... those munchies will put some weight on your a** if you aren't careful!
Just a thought.:heehee:

Kel

makin' it real
02-11-2010, 01:16 AM
And I have been sitting around on my fat ass a lot!

makin' it real
02-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Uh, partner me with the experienced rider please!

Holy cripes! I forgot where I was writing when I said that!:o

Open mouth, insert... Cadbury Creme Egg?

kellycan27
02-11-2010, 01:39 AM

You mean Karen? lol

Karen564
02-11-2010, 01:56 AM

I really have nothing to be ashamed about....do you? :o