PDA

View Full Version : One more question.

xStraightFem
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Once I take pictures today am I allowed to post a thread with all of the pictures so everyone can let me know what they think? I have been trying to perfect my makeup lately and I would like to know how convincing I actually appear. And can underwear be showing if I do post pictures. Sorry I am new to the CD culture as well as this website, my apologies. And thanks everyone for the confidence boost with the last thread. Im really excited about the so called adrenalin rush the first time I just go out.

And one more thing...

I have a problem. I live in a home with other people who are not the most open minded. I have all of my body hair gone besides my arms (the only part not easy to hide), and I feel so much more comfertable, attractive, and true to myself when wearing womens cloths. I feel that I should be able to do whatever I want with my body and adorn it with whatever I choose. This seems logical to me but I know I will never hear the end of it, and be prompted for countless explanations, and be shunned if I choose to look how I want in my house. My girlfriend is the only other person that supports me, and I wish I could just be myself.

Has anyone else experianced this? Should I just be true to myself and disregard everything they have to say? Or is there an obvious way to make them understand or accept the situation, that I am overlooking? Thanks for any advice anyone may have.

Also, how would I locate the members of this forum that are only located in the Michigan area?

Hope to hear from you all soon.

lavistaa62
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Do you know for sure they would be unaccepting of your dressing? If they are male you're likely right on but females can quite often surprise you. Do you think they'd be hostile or just questioning? I mean casual ribbing is one thing, open hostility or violence is something else.

The second thing (among many) you'll have to ask yourself is how they can affect your life if they are unaccepting. Could they affect your livelihood? Do you have another, larger group of friends outside of your roomates? Would your girlfriend change her mind about being accepting based on peer pressure?

kimdl93
02-09-2010, 02:55 PM
first off - there are guidelines for posting pictures. Good idea to read and follow them.

I'd stay GG if I were you. Not much in the way of constructive criticism is likelyt to be gained from underwear shots. Each is reviewed by a site administrator before posting.

Re: your living arrangements. If you're sharing a home with other people, I would be respectful of them and their preferences. Some people, for whatever reasons, may find any manner of dress or self expression upsetting or offensive. while you certaily have the right to ignore and disregard the comments of others, it would be more constructive to first not be in their face about your choices, and second to be open to conversation. But don't expect total acceptance, and certainly not initially.

And I haven't checked your age, but the greatest way to attain fredome to dress and act as you wish is to get a place of your own. With a supportive girlfriend, you'll soon develop plenty of non-confrontational opportunities to fully be yourself.

JustWendy
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Lavistaa and Kim have already given you very good advice. The only thing I'll add is in the way of a welcome. If you haven't already, post on the New Member thread and let everyone know you're from Michigan. I've already met a number of Michigan girls on the site and they'll be happy to greet you, just as we have.

Wendy

JenniferR771
02-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Scroll way way down and look at the section "Meeting Place"; you will find various calls for calling all Michigan girls and so forth. And we would be happy to meet you. click my name and see if you can spot anybody near you in people who have sent me messages. Click their names for more info. You may need to have more posts before you can access certain sections.

Sandygal
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
you already have the toughest problem taken care of. You have a supporting girlfriend. The rest will come over time. Hang onto her, she's one in a thousand.

heatherb
02-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi from Holland (Michigan). Like Jennifer said, there's a couple og Mi. threads in The Meeting Place section. One is from the Grand Rapids area if you're on this side of the state. Heather

Stephenie S
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Just ask, hon. I am sure there are many here from the great state of Michigan.

And you are right, I have absolutely NO desire to see your underwear, thank you very much.

Stephie

charlie
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Hello StraightFem and welcome to the forum! I hope you will enjoy the questions and answers here as much as I do. If nothing else, this forum lets you feel more at ease with what we do, if only because everyone here does the same thing! Which fits in with your question. Balancing in a society that thinks what we do is wrong, mentally unbalanced and weird, with being a CD and having to hide a lot of yourself all the time is perplexing. It would be great to be able to wear my heels, makeup and short skirt to work, except I would lose customers, my friends and my job all in one day! The only true to self people here are the TG. They do change from their gender roles and clothes and go to work as who they want to be. For the rest of us it is a 5 o'clock world.