PDA

View Full Version : High heel epiphany!

ReneeT
02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I have been wearing heels since I don't know when and have always worked on improving my walk. Tonight, walking back to my hotel wearing 4+ inch pumps

http://stuartweitzman.zappos.com/n/p/dp/53936208/c/103531.html

it suddenly hit me - lead with your hips! Think about pushing the hip you are stepping with forward - it really helps with a feminine walk!

jaquie
02-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Did you really purchase $263 shoes? They are really nice but that is a big ticket. Walking in heels is an art form. Yes the hips forward is the way to get a nice shashay. Don't forget to tilt your head slightly to the side and work it girl:heehee:

ReneeT
02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Did you really purchase $263 shoes?

I confess! I do love them, though! A girl is entitled to one vice, isn't she?

Angie G
02-10-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't think all my shoes put together cost that much girl.:hugs:
Angie

AllieSF
02-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Gee, I felt bad today buying a new pair of Nine West black satin leather lace-up booties with 3 inch heels for $36.00 from the 40% off sales rack at DSW shoes. Actually, if you can and want to, then just do it!

For the walk, I practice it in male mode but still forget to use it in femme mode. Maybe one day it will all come together.

ReneeT
02-10-2010, 06:20 AM
I do indulge from time to time :o but this girl likes a bargain too! I bought a nice pair of 9West boots yesterday - half off 29.99!

DAVIDA
02-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Love the shoes!
My most expensive pair are my Baby Phats! I spent $60.00!:eek:

ReneeT
02-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Davida, those are HOT!

SuzanneBender
02-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Renee don't let them give you a hard time about spending some of your hard earned money on yourself. They almost sound like men or my wife.:D

To me the secret in walking well in heels is to always remember to strike the balls of your feet first which does force your hips forward and walk along a center line. Similar to walking on a balance beam. I feel very confident in heels up to about 3" and given my height I don't go higher than that no matter how beautiful the shoes are.

ReneeT
02-10-2010, 06:52 AM
They almost sound like men

Too funny! When I ask my male self how much I spent on this or that tool, the shoes don't seem all that expensive!

DAVIDA
02-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Man shoes?:laughing:
My dress shoes are ones that I bought 30 years ago!:heehee:
I have a pair of new tennis shoes so I can "look nice" when Jean and I go out. One pair of old ones to work in when it is cold. And sandals, which I wear almost all the time. I do buy a new pair yearly though.:)

Now, we can talk about my female shoes!:D
If you have enough time.:thumbup:

kimdl93
02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I've spent $200 plus on a pair of Tony Lama's so $200 plus on a sexy pair of heels doesn't seem out of line.

I can feel it when I'm walking right in my heels...there's just that subtle little swing of the hips that my wife loves ;)

shannonsilk
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
It is so absolutely true. You can only reach so far forward with the legs, so you have to put the hips in motion.

I have realized it's the same for cross country skiing. Too bad I can't tell people "Skiing is just like walking in heels, lead with your hips!"

Well---maybe I could?!?!?

yazooey
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Renee,

It's kind of like when you execute that perfect golf swing. Or kind of perfect. Or as near perfect. You know what I mean. It just all clicks and before you know it, you are click clacking away in your heels. I love your taste in shoes by the way. I'm envious of your taste of shoes. I love the Stuart Weitzman store at the GH Mall.

Gigi0366
02-10-2010, 02:02 PM
If you haven't taken a look yet... browse over to ideeli.com. I just bought a fabulous dress for a fraction of the retail, and they have really cute shoes too! Very reasonable prices and the dress came in less than a week. Even with the snow storm here in the Mid Atlantic!:battingeyelashes:

Paula T
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Gee, I felt bad today buying a new pair of Nine West black satin leather lace-up booties with 3 inch heels for $36.00 from the 40% off sales rack at DSW shoes. Actually, if you can and want to, then just do it!

For the walk, I practice it in male mode but still forget to use it in femme mode. Maybe one day it will all come together.

my favorite shoe store. It seems I can never go in there and come out emty handed. And that is where I bought my most expensive pair of heels.:o

sherri52
02-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I find if I put my foot directly in front of the other the hip swings into action naturaly.

Evangeline
02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
$263? i'm thinking of a pair of these,or moar!!!!!!!

Jaclyn NM
02-10-2010, 06:12 PM
After walking in 5 and 6 inch stiletto pumps for a number of years, I find it to be quite natural, and I simply love the way I walk in them, and how they feel. I guess I was just born to wear heels, thank God!

JulieC
02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
my favorite shoe store. It seems I can never go in there and come out emty handed. And that is where I bought my most expensive pair of heels.:o

My favorite shoe store too. I know lots of people here rave about Payless, but honestly I think their shoes are much lower quality than the average shoe available at DSW. Plus, you can find some seriously killer deals on very high end heels sometimes.

I just feel like I've died and gone to heaven when I walk into a DSW. Aisle after aisle of beautiful heels. Plus, their discount section, and the fact they carry lots of shoes in my size (11)...just perfection for me. I love that store!

bgirl
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I use the horse stomp method.