PDA

View Full Version : Sister took makeup!

powerboi
02-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Hi everyone!

I've never posted anything before, but something funny happened to me recently that I decided was worth sharing.

Both my sister and I are in college, however I attend a university that works on quarters (hers is semesters) and because of different scheduling I am currently at home while she is at school. When my sister went back to school after winter break she left behind a number of small shelves in the bathroom (which we share) in which she had stored her makeup. I figured since she wasn't home anymore I might as well use the shelves to store my makeup until I leave for school again. This worked out pretty well; I didn't have to worry about hiding my makeup because if my parents were to open those shelves they would simply assume that was my sister's makeup.

Last weekend, while I was away visiting some friends in Chicago, my sister decided to randomly come home from school without really telling anyone. I didn't even know she was home until she picked me up at the Amtrak station on Sunday! That night, both of us were having dinner with our parents when my sister suddenly exclaims "Oh, yeah! Something great happened!" We were all like "What??" And she says "I found a whole bunch of makeup I must have left behind when I left for school!" I stared at her for a long time and eventually asked, "uhh, what did you find?" She then listed off every single piece of makeup that had been in the shelves, which was my entire stash!

So for the rest of dinner my mom and sister chatted about MY makeup while I had to sit there and listen to them! (nobody knows about my CDing) My sister ended up taking every last piece of makeup I own back to school with her. However, I certainly can't be mad at her as she had no idea of knowing! But I am a little pissed about having to replace everything.

Anyone every having a mistake like this happen?

victoriamwilliams1
02-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Now that has never happened to me! That has to hurt!

msniki48
02-10-2010, 04:23 AM
powerboi...

That is a very cute story! you should tell your sister [in private] she owes you big time....lol she probably took close to 100.00 in makeup, if you're anything like us...:heehee:

Who knows, you may have an accepting supporting sister and just don't know it...my sister loves me dearly, and is someone that i can confide in... she does not pretend to totally understand ...but she sees how happy i am as niki, and supports that.

it is great to have that inner circle of confidents...when you really need to talk to someone.:battingeyelashes:

noeleena
02-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi..

You mean to say your sis has no idear of her own make up & did not even know that it was not hers .
I find that rather funny as Jos my s o & our grand kid use mine & Dejarn is 7 & she knows all about our make up , as most women know what make up they have with out thinking about it thats a ooops , big time
time for a show down , oh may be not ,

...noeleena...

Karren H
02-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Women consider makeup to be curency... So running off with your stash is like found money and she owes you big time..

Bunny Girl Zoe
02-10-2010, 06:30 AM
That is one costly mistake going cost a furtune to replace all the mackup just make sure your sister don't take the next lot.

Engendered
02-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Did you buy the same brands as your sis? Otherwise I can't understand how she could mistake it for her own. :)

DAVIDA
02-10-2010, 06:42 AM
I think that Sis is having a go at you!:eek:
You might not think that she knows, but you might have to re-think that!
She knows that isn't hers.:Angry3:

SuzanneBender
02-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Women consider makeup to be curency... So running off with your stash is like found money and she owes you big time..

"Ehhh Boss you wants that we should ruff her up?"

I have to agree with some of the girls. She knows this isn't hers unless you and her buy the same brands. Who knows where she thinks it came from. Maybe one of her friends left it on a sleep over. If you have never given her a reason to suspect, her first reaction probably isn't my brother is a crossdresser.

OK back to the getting even channel....Steal some of her bras and panties. It will make you feel better.

Karren H
02-10-2010, 07:01 AM
"Ehhh Boss you wants that we should ruff her up?"

I have to agree with some of the girls. She knows this isn't hers unless you and her buy the same brands. Who knows where she thinks it came from. Maybe one of her friends left it on a sleep over. If you have never given her a reason to suspect, her first reaction probably isn't my brother is a crossdresser.

OK back to the getting even channel....Steal some of her bras and panties. It will make you feel better.

Yeah... Just don't mess up her makeup in the process....

I know exactually how much and what makeup I have at all times.... and so do most women......

Byanca
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Did she pay attention to you when she openly exclaimed the new found treasure?

It seems very weird that she didn't ask if it was your mothers or anyone's else on before hand.

But the fact she took all of it just like that probably means she think it's hers.

A lightbulb will however most likely light sooner or later when she calms down over the great find...

I think you may as well tell her it's yours and you want it back. Then at least you get the make up.

Gillian
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Well, It's a bummer but one with a silver lining in all the new ranges you can get this time round!

I just wonder what she did think about the find as others have said its unusual that she didn't ask if it was your Mothers first but then again your mother has another location for hers so probably it passed over her head as the "last thing" possible for it to be anyones but hers?

JustWendy
02-10-2010, 08:37 AM
I have to agree with what some of the other girls have already said - I find it hard to believe that your sister thought she "forgot" that much makeup at home the last time she left for college. And then theres the question of do the two of you use the same brand of cosmetics and shades, etc.? Until you said that she actually left with all of your stash, I thought that perhaps she was just teasing with you in hopes of opening up a private conversation with you later. Are the two of you close?

Wendy

SouthernBelle.GG
02-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Anyone every having a mistake like this happen?

Never! I'm not a CDer, but I'm married to one and have 2 older sisters. I can honestly say that I've never had them take my make up believing it to be theirs, nor have I taken theirs believing it to be mine. I know what's mine and what isn't. And the same can be said for them too. I can even tell you where and when(approx.) I got every bit of make up I own - and I have a lot. :heehee:

kimdl93
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Even though our girls no longer live here, they often raid their mom's makeup cabinet...and because she and I share, the take our stuff!!!! I understand that its expensive, but jeez!

BrendaAlexandra
02-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Well at least one of your family members might suspect now. Surely your sister has some idea of what makeup she owns and what the shelf looked like when she went back to school! Think of what you could share with your sister if she knew.

jenna_woods
02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
wow that has to be expansive to replace ot all,

Lora Olivia
02-10-2010, 10:42 AM
You and her share this bathroom and she knows it is not hers. One question though. Did you ever borrow hers before you bought your own? As they say "paybacks" are a biaaatch:devil:

aggi123
02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Oh my that's unfortunate! Is she really that oblivious to not know it wasn't hers? If she isn't, you might as well tell her and tell her to give you back your makeup! It might be good for both of you :)

Angelofsomekind
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
WHAT A BITCH! No I'm just kidding, that sucks though! How can you not know it wasn't yours? I may not have as much as some women do but I'd know if there was suddenly a bunch more that I didn't have before. I think she knows and she's messing with you.

KimberlyJo
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I'd be willing to bet that when she gets back to school and takes inventory of what she already has there and all the stuff she "thought she forgot" she's going to wonder. If you have a good relationship with your Sis, you might take this as an opportunity to come out to her. Or just suck up the loss and hope she doesn't put 2 and 2 together, if she hasn't already.

Kitty Sue
02-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh my God that is funny! You must post that on F. My LIfe .com. That is such a cute story. :heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee:

sherri52
02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
It's hard to believe that all the makeup you use is exactly the same names that she uses. She may have questions about you and took advantage of the situation knowing you wouldn't say anything at the table. Sorry

Vieja
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I bet she knows and was putting you on.

Vieja

chelle
02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
What is she going to think when she sees that the makeup does not include her colors?

Karen564
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd have to say that she knows very well that the makeup she found wasn't hers..and then did the honor of taking it off your hands..

Unless shes senile, which I doubt very much..
Girls know exactly what makeup is theirs & what is not...because it does take a thought process to make every single purchase of shades, colors, creme, powder, etc..it's a very personal preference kind of thing.

So maybe shes getting back at you for using her makeup in the past...we know when a brothers paws get into our stuff...

eileendover
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
If she has no clue about your CDing, could she have thought it belonged to some other girl, like a possible girlfriend of yours?

Whatever she thought, it does sound like something a sister would say in front of parents to intentionally get her brother into trouble!

powerboi
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't know what brands my sister uses but I'm sure that, just by chance, they can't be the same. I'm guessing when my sister came home for the weekend she simply wanted to put her things back in the shelves, but instead discovered a nice surprise. I'm sure the 1st thing that popped into her mind must have been "cool, guess I forgot to bring this!" and in her excited state just packed away my things with the rest of her things.

However, I have to agree with the rest of you, she's gotta realize that there's no way she REALLY could have left that much makeup behind...but, I dunno if she'll necessarily think it's her brother's! Honestly, my sister and I are pretty close and she's a pretty cool sister, so I could probably tell her. But now she's over 3 hours away, so I think I might as well just buy it all back. It was probably about $50-60 in makeup, btw.

giuseppina
02-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Hello Powerboi

You might want to warn your sister that the makeup she helped herself to has been used. :) It's a hygenic issue, especially for eyeshadow, liner and mascara.

Maybe she would send it back to you if she doesn't want it.

Stephanie Miller
02-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Not glad to hear you lost your make-up, but am glad to hear that you realize she knows. And that Mom and her were toying with you. Yes, I said "mom".
My bet is, she found it and went to ask your mom if it was hers. Mom said no and the lights went on. :doh:
I mean really, how many times have they just spent time chating about make-up with you there during dinner? You'll have to fill us in on what sis says when you confront her. Maybe it woule be fun to just send her a bill for the make-up and wait for her reply :heehee:

AmandaM
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I bet she knows and was putting you on.
Vieja

And you didn't squawk, so she got free makeup!