PDA

View Full Version : And your husband wants to be a girl

Shari
02-10-2010, 07:00 AM
I wanted to share this with you and maybe get some reactions too.

My wife and I were watching a rerun of Cheers the other night and they were playing the theme song replete with all the lyrics.

There was a line in there that said, "And your husband wants to be a girl"
My wife knows about me and shares herself when I'm dressed.

We both laughed and I looked at her and said, "Not all the time, just a few hours a month."

How about it ladies?
How many hours a month for you?

Karren H
02-10-2010, 07:02 AM
I missed that line and I love Cheers.....

Miranda09
02-10-2010, 07:16 AM
All the times I have watched Cheers and I never noticed that line! I usually try to dress about 20 hours per month or more if I can fit it in my schedule!! :)

PretzelGirl
02-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Never heard it myself, but it is the last line of the fourth paragraph. Wow! Was it Norm? :heehee: Cliff: "Hey Normie, did you know that make-up was actually something men wore originally? Back in......".

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/cheerslyrics.html

SuzanneBender
02-10-2010, 07:28 AM
I had forgotten about that line in the song. Its in the long version and in a couple of seasons they edited different lines from the full song in to the theme.

How often do I present as myself? HMMMMM as much as I can and its not enough.

But hey "Its a dog eat dog world and I am wearing milkbone"... panties.

I just love that show. I could relate to Diane so well as a kid.

Cliff: "Hey Normie, did you know that make-up was actually something men wore originally? Back in......".

Its a fact that during the uh Ping Pong dynasty da men that could apply dher makeup the best and most efficiently while wearing the highest heels were revered.

rpservices1
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
after my wife died I started dressing ever day only thing is I have no one to share it with

Toni_Lynn
02-10-2010, 07:50 AM
My wife and I were watching a rerun of Cheers the other night and they were playing the theme song replete with all the lyrics.

There was a line in there that said, "And your husband wants to be a girl"

Personally I always found that line to be insulting and offensive. It implies that we are not "normal" somehow, so lets all go to a place where all the normal people get sloshed.

Stopped watching the show and won't ever watch it.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Mary Morgan
02-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Full Lyrics never actually aired

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those night when you've got no lights,
The check is in the mail;
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by it's tail;
And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

And they're always glad you came...

SuzanneBender
02-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Personally I always found that line to be insulting and offensive. It implies that we are not "normal" somehow, so lets all go to a place where all the normal people get sloshed.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Wow Toni even in high school I didn't take that line to point out transgendered folks are not normal. I took it that one of the most difficult things a wife will ever deal with is the transition of her husband and its one of the last things that most women want to hear.

You could have substituted and your husband is sleeping with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and it would have fit the context of the song. Unfortunately the lyrics didn't fit.

I always thought that line was neat because in a time before the Internet it confirmed that there were other people out there dealing with this issue as part of their daily lives.

Just my :2c:. I can see how you could develop your perception of that line also. :hugs:

Karren H
02-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Personally....... I thought Carla was a hottie!!! Lol

JustWendy
02-10-2010, 08:58 AM
The first time I was aware of the line was when I heard the song played on the radio - then I started listening for it each week.

I live alone during the week (daughters with me on the weekends) and I can work from home at least one day a week. So, each evening when I get home from work, I shower and change into something that's more fun than what I wore to the office. On telecommuting days I'm dressed all day.

Wendy

kimdl93
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I think the full lyrics weren't often used on the Cheers intro, but I know I was always a little embarrassed, but still amused, by the line.

Frédérique
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
How about it ladies?

Depending on how much ice cream I’ve ingested, I manage about three or four hours a day. That’s 90-120 hours a month. Anything less would be awful, but anything more would be wonderful! :battingeyelashes:

nikkijo
02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
in female clothes... 24/7 as nikki... about 12 hrs a month....

KimberlyJo
02-10-2010, 11:21 AM

:lol: She did look pretty good in those tight jeans, right up until you made your way up to her face and hair. Not too mention her sparkling demeanor.

Woody and Frasier were my favorites...go figure.

How about it ladies?

I dress maybe for about 3 or 4 hours 3 or so days a week...sooo....carry the one....divide by Pi.....about 50 hours a month? Sometimes more, sometimes less...never enough ;)

gabimartini
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
How many hours a month? Lemme see... ummm... 720?

EnglishRose
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Accidentally on Purpose (CBS) has had transgender jokes two weeks in a row, but we'll keep watching. It's occasionally smile-worthy and my wife quite likes it. We just have to not take things too seriously, sometimes :)

kimdl93
02-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm dresses most days when I work at home and every evening at home...weekends vary from 8-24 depending on chores and company

When I do yard work, I wear my grungy old drabs :)

sherri52
02-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I dress every day. During the day I wear femme jeans and underdress. After five on most nights I dress completely, not always with full makeup.

MarciManseau
02-10-2010, 12:52 PM

Just 5 seconds before I saw this, I said to myself, I bet Karren loved Carla! :) True story.

Hugs, Marci :hugs: