PDA

View Full Version : The third possibility in passing

susiej
08-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Ladies,

I just posted a note about feminine voice in another thread, and it got me thinking about passing, and how there are really three possible outcomes:

Your companions think you're a woman
Your companions "read" you as a guy
They aren't sure and can't tell

Now I don't go out dressed, so this is all academic for me, but in writing the other piece, it came to me that I would, like really enjoy the third choice a lot, under the right, safe circumstances.

So, suppose you could go to a party en femme, and spend the whole night having fun, talking to people, dancing, flirting. Many of the people there just naturally assume you're female, but some of them gather to discuss it after you've left, and get into an argument because nobody can really figure you out.

Does this enhance the experience? Or, am I just wierder than I even thought :p ?

Hugs,
Susie

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Weird, but I like it. ;) As long as they actually waited until I left and didn't put me on the spot :eek:

Bodacious Brenda
08-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I think your third option would definitely be a turn on. It would mean you fooled some of the people some of the time and everyone just enough to leave a little doubt.
That's not weird, that's just fun. ;)

Teddie
08-09-2005, 05:16 AM
I like it. Just leaving that little doubt. That would be great fun, especially if you saw some of those people the next day, and they were still taqlking about it.

RachelDenise
08-09-2005, 06:26 AM
I think leaving them confused makes for great water cooler talk the next day! I like it but I would think for many the goal is to pass. However, it may be just being out and accepted is the goal (irrespective of whether you are perceived as male or female), so I think there are several possible answers to this!

Jamie M
08-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Personally I think i'd prefer option one to be honest. Could it be that option three appeals because deep down many of us have an exhibitionist streak in us somewhere and like to make a bit of a scene ?

within reason and the boundaries of saftey obviously

Clare
08-09-2005, 10:30 PM
I like the concepts raised here. You'd only have to be 80% passable in the looks and voice area, a bit of confidence and away you go!

I would defininately like to leave behind an impression of wonder within the crowd!

Christine