PDA

View Full Version : New Avatar

laurab323
08-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Hello all,

I wanted to share an experience with you all. My wife and I attended our first Tri-ess meeting this last Saturday. I wore the outfit shown in my avatar.

I was SO nervous for my first daytime jaunt in public. We rented a room at the hotel the group meets in...However, we were one building over. We walked through the parking lot and it was incredibly busy. I thought I was going to pass out!

My wife admitted she kept her eyes down so I don't know how many people (if any) stared. What a day!

The meeting was incredible. To meet others like me was a great experience (truth is I feared the worst). To my pleasant surprise the ladies I met were very pleasant and made me feel incredibly welcome.

It took me forever to get ready and a few glasses of wine to go out the door (into a group of people no less :eek: ). However, no one said anything and my wife said I blended well. Anyway, I will happily :o take all comments on my picture (another nervous walk).

I would like to thank all of you for the courage and growth you've bestowed upon me. Without you, this would not be possible.

I love you all!

xoxo
Laura

Rachel Morley
08-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Hi Laura,

I know EXACTLY how you felt. I've just started going out en femme myself. I'm glad you liked Tri-Ess and that your wife is supportive of you.

I think your outfit is really cute and you look teriffic. I know it's only a small picture but you look totally passable to me. Let us all know how the next outing goes....I'll be watching for it.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Congratulatons! Getting out is quite liberating isn't it?

From your photo, you look pretty with "realistic" hair and make-up, and you're wearing the sort of clothes GGs your age would wear. So as Angel said, you look quite passable.

Just remember attitude counts for a lot in blending in. The first couple times can be terrifying, and unfortunately nervousness tends to cause people to get read more often. The good news is you'll discover getting read isn't the end of the world and start relaxing, which in turn causes you to get read less. (The other thing to realize is that when you look in the mirror and see "you," but in reality you're a lot less recognizable than you think. Especially if you're wearing sunglasses, which are also a good psychic armor. Try it, you'll see.)

Don't worry about taking forever to get ready, that's why they call it "tranny time." ;)

Anyway, hope it's the first of many future outings.

Sophia Rearen
08-09-2005, 05:25 AM
Wow Laura, you look great. Ultra feminine. Hold your head high.

RachelDenise
08-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Congratulation on your emergence. You look very passable from the avatar picture. I think having your wife help is a giant bonus. You should do something nice for her! ;)

Natalie x
08-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Laura, from that picture, the only second looks you'll get will be admiring glances! :thumbsup:
Congratulations on a successful outing.

HaleyPink2000
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
About 3 months ago was my first time to a TriEss meeting. Wow! What a rush.

My first wig, first dress, first ring, jewelry etc. Even my own hand bag with lipstick of my choosing. Wig comb, compact, eye shadow " wow " just a bag full of femme things that are just mine. What a wonderful feeling having people except you for who you are.

You know what? We really can be nice to each other in life if we just try, HUH?

You go for it Girl!
Good Job, and you look nice..

Your Friend
Haley:)

Patricia
08-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Laura,
You are so brave and so beuitiful, you should feel really proud of yourself. Wish I had a wife like yours!

Stephanie Mancini
08-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Just fantastic Laura, see how easy it is, just one footstep in front of the other

Steph

Rita Farie
08-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi Laura,
You show a lot of courage, and your Avatar is right on for your personality. (Good)

Off subject: but is there a spell check in this "Reply to Thread" window?

Rita

Tristen Cox
08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
The picture reflects the story, I'm very happy for you. :clap:

Sorry Rita no spell check

eileen1969
08-09-2005, 01:29 PM
:love: :love: you look great hun! you really do love Eileenxoxo :p :p

Priscilla1018
08-09-2005, 02:04 PM
That's the part of the forum that I love the most,we all give each other courage and support.Your picture looks very good.I'm so happy for you.

laurab323
08-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. Really none of this would be possible without you. I am deeply touched.

PS - I CAN"T WAIT to do it again!!! :D

xoxo
Laura

Angela Burke
08-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Tell Laura I love her !

Love Angela XX

Pip
08-09-2005, 09:54 PM
PS - I CAN"T WAIT to do it again!!! :D

That's just it isn't it. Once you've ventured out the door you want to do it again and again and again...

Very addicting stuff it is!!

Congrats and best wishes on your next trip out!

Pip