PDA

View Full Version : Pre-birth Chicken Census......

Karren H
02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
This last week I've gone from thinking I may never dress again to having 3 weeks alone to dress every day back to not knowing when I will dress again.. All in one night.

We were up visiting the MIL in Northern Wisconsin and she is having big time age related issues so my wife decided that she was going to stay for 3 weeks to take her mom to the doctor and I'd fly home and when she was ready I'd fly back up and drive her home...

Yes yes yes... Doing the happy dance in my head and making all kinds of plans... As I drift off to sleep....

The next morning... The MIL canceled the doctors appointment.. Sigh... Why? She didn't now. Back to the hospital and new appointment 4 weeks away... Too long to stay my wife says... Damn....

Ok no problem... She will fly up and take the mother to the doctor and stay a few weeks to check on her... Yes yes yes. So we head back home... Happy in the thoughts that my draught may be over...

Today my wife calls her mom... Who is uber pissed she is checking up on her and they fight and now there may not be a doctors apt. Or a flight. Nothing. Damn....

So tonight I told my wife if you want me to take another week off I will dive you back up and we both can drag her mother to the doctors!! Yeah I want to dress but I'm to the point that I would love for her mother to get some help and hopefully get better and if it means doing without so be it.. I'm just to the point where I'm resigning my self to drab-dome for the duration.. Not fun... But not bad either...

So I have counted my chickens before they hatched... More than a few times.. And find I don't even have any eggs to count.. Maybe I can take my ice skates with me...

Presh GG
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Karren , you have a good heart... besides your beautiful smile.

All the best to your mother-in-law.
Presh gg

nancyish
02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Dear Karen you could buy some plain women's jeans and t's and even cotton panties to help get you through these drab -blues.It got me this far,nancy

harmony
02-11-2010, 01:42 AM
i hear your soul cry out like a bird in a cage!my thoughts are with you sister!

Alice Torn
02-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Karren, Thanks for sharing your dillemna, and feelings and thoughts. I can relate some, in that i have been in limbo, for six months, since my brothers got put in prison, and, after my hernia surgery heals up, i will have to go to near Rockford Illinois, to help my dad, so he doesn't have to go to a nursing home. No dressing for me, then! One thing nice, we can skate outdoors, in the frozen midwest! I like your balanced attitude, regardless of what happens there.

erickka
02-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Karren, You are of a good heart. Family first is by far a very desirable trait in anyone. I commend you on your handling of this matter. Anyhoo, your time will soon come again!

JustWendy
02-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Karren - I know that this is a thread about anticipation and disappointment, but what sticks in my mind is the sentence, "Yeah I want to dress but I'm to the point that I would love for her mother to get some help and hopefully get better and if it means doing without so be it." Despite the facade of sarcasm, you can't hide a good heart. All I know is, if the game's on the line, I want the puck on your stick. OK, now let's get back to the sarcasm. :D

Wendy

DeTerminator
02-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Karren,

There's a nice rink for skating in Manitowoc at the Manitowoc Expo if you ever come this way...

~Kerry

Karren H
02-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Lol. I think my mother-in-law got tired of my sarcasm when were were visiting. She kept sticking her tounge out at me. She knits dish towels and puts them in a box and when the box is full she has to quit?? Don't ask why..... So I looked her way and said "you need to get a bigger box"! Wrong answer!!

Gillian
02-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh Karren, its a real roller coaster we go through for our true selves as well as with family, I feel for you, this week I had two days to dress but the SO fell ill just before going toi work on the second day and all my plans lay in tatters too! its a price we pay I believe.

I hope you MIL gets to the doc's has a successful treatment and your wife does indeed attend her convalescence for a few weeks at least.

audreyinalbany
02-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Karen, hon...I can sympathize...next week I'm flying to florida with my MIL. Not my choice, but she owns a home there that she hasn't been to in three years. So my wife decided it'd be nice if we took her down there to 'check on the place.' whaddya gonna do? it's the price of being married--and sharing your life with someone you truly love--you suck it up and put up with the MIL.

msniki48
02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Lol. I think my mother-in-law got tired of my sarcasm when were were visiting. She kept sticking her tounge out at me. She knits dish towels and puts them in a box and when the box is full she has to quit?? Don't ask why..... So I looked her way and said "you need to get a bigger box"! Wrong answer!!

Karren, yes you take the cake when it comes to sarcasm! But, your heart is made of gold. i wish your MIL well...your wife too...this must be a strain on her also

hugs

ps: just bought sugerless chocolate!:heehee:

Fab Karen
02-11-2010, 08:13 PM
If life goes on like this, maybe you could book vacation time from work, then tell the wife you've got a job to do in _______. Though if it was California she might get suspicious ( no coal mines ).:)

Stephanie-L
02-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Karen, I feel for you. As in, been there, done that. One of my step-daughters was pregnant with twins and my wife was supposed to go visit her a few weeks before delivery and help her for a few months, of course I was all for it (wink, wink). Well, about two weeks before she was supposed to leave my wife and step-daughter got into a huge fight over stupid stuff and have not spoken since. Talk about ups and downs, LOL. You are a good person and I am sure your wife appreciates the things you give up for her, even if she doesn't know all of it.......Stephanie