PDA

View Full Version : Morphed attitude

Shelly67
02-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Becoming older we all see thing's differently , change our opinions and even our behaviour . We all do this - it's natural . As for crossdressing being thrown into the mix of maturity and change well, I suppose that is also an addition to look back on . One thing thats come across with my own realization of femaninity is I've also started to love cooking . I swear , I hated this most definate part of our lives - we have to eat . It's odd for me as I could easy burn a tin of baked beans , charr the rice pudding , infact I suppose I was a master of toast and tea - nowt else . But now .....I've really taken to trying all sorts of (in)edible concoctions . My poor wife the chief tester is amazed at my interest in the art of food making - it goe's further - I even like cookery programms on the telly !! If someone would have said to me when I was a teenager I was to grow up liking to wear womens clothes , make up , the gentle behaviour and cooking I'd have wet myself laughing . How I've changed , morphed into a character I was totally unaware of .........

Anyone else feel the same ?

JustWendy
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Shelly - I know that I've certainly changed and matured as a person as I've aged and I know that what crossdressing means to me has also changed. It was once about the clothes (which I do love) - their feel, and look, and style, and colors (all of which I still enjoy). But now it's about letting my outside appearance match the feminine nature of the person inside. I think that's why I don't underdress anymore. I know that many of us use underdressing to stay in touch with their feminine side, but for me, if I'm not presenting in a feminine way, then the clothes are just clothes with no message, and I might as well be in full drab. As for cooking - I'm not really into cooking, but I'm into nurturing, so I do try to prepare meals for my daughters when their with me on the weekends. We're vegetarians and right now I keep it pretty simple, but I could see the day when I'd be interested in learning new recipes. Especially when my older daughter comes to live with me full-time.

Wendy

minalost
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
...I've always hated shopping. For anything! But I've come to really enjoy shopping for womens clothing. This is something that's changed for me over the years...

kimdl93
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Obviously, maturation changes us cognitively, emotionally and physically. I've always been the household cook - through two marriages, and usually the one who tidies up. And while I've underdressed pretty much my entire adult life, i find myself living nearly 24/7 en femme. Perhaps the inate traits just been amplified as I get older. I been told that testosterone levels drop off as we pas 40...maybe thats part of the reason...less counterbalance for the girl that's been co-existing in me all these years!

Marcie R.
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi Shelly,
I'm another older CD and love every chance I get to change into that personality. My wife is unaware of my other personification but I manage to dress enfemme whenever she is out. Since I have crossdressed for many years, I have never noticed my desire to cook until you mentioned it. I also like doing the ironing, washing clothes, and folding clothes. My wife really appreciates these things I do. I never realized that these things are possibly related to my feminine side that is spending too much time in the closet.
Marcir R.:hugs:

sherri52
02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I was caught dressing at an early age on more than one occasion. So when I learned to cook, it was no big deal. When this Irish man taught both of his Italian wives how to cook no one thought twice about his dressing as a woman and just excepted the fact that it was to be done. That doesn't mean the dressing was excepted (it wasn't). Both divorces were due to the dressing. Today I keep a clean house and grow my own plants.

Shelly67
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
We all seem to have embraced our femanine developement reflecting not only in clothing but in other areas too .
Thank goodness that I'm a vegitarian , or I fear if my cooking efforts involved meat , god knows what the results may bring on ...... :doh:

Gillian
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I have always enjoyed cooking and don't do as much as I would like to, I also have grown to love shopping and will linger far longer than my SO which at times can cause her to raise an eyebrow as in my mind I imagine what this or that would look like on me etc etc same in the cosmetic sections though in my guy self I have a career that causes me to be in that environment (oh the intrigue caused, of what I do to earn money ha ha)
That I love (hate it when asked naturally) going clothes shopping is my biggest weakness of being outed.

Karren H
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Nahhh. I don't like to cook.... Really don't like to mix things together... Don't like "maturing". And the only thing that is morphing is my body and in all the wrong places! Sigh...

You may try to sugar coat it but getting old sucks!! Kind of along the same lines of saying that contractions during child birth are waves rolling over your body!!! Lol.

Shelly67
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Getting old like death is the most certain thing in life ......... the trick is to pleasure the time with as much sugar and spice along the way ......

Karren H
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Getting old like death is the most certain thing in life ......... the trick is to pleasure the time with as much sugar and spice along the way ......

According to the new book. "The belly fat cure". You should stay from sugars not fat! :D

So that's fat and spice and everything nice??

kimdl93
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Nahhh. I don't like to cook.... Really don't like to mix things together... Don't like "maturing". And the only thing that is morphing is my body and in all the wrong places! Sigh...

You may try to sugar coat it but getting old sucks!! Kind of along the same lines of saying that contractions during child birth are waves rolling over your body!!! Lol.

Its true - getting older does suck, but so then does the alternative.

its possible I'd like to cook and clean regardless. Its hard to parse these things out in any meaningful way and I don't suppose it really matters.

Karren H
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Its true - getting older does suck, but so then does the alternative.

Some religious teachings would indicate otherwise!!

kimdl93
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I know - my luck the Buddists would be right about all that and I'd come back as a Joshua tree...stuck in the same spot for 3,000 years. (I was gonna say chicken or cockroach, or something like that, but those lives pass so quickly it wouldn't really matter. Also wonder how a cockroach go about improving its Karma?!?

sissystephanie
02-11-2010, 01:03 PM
At age 77 I don't consider myself getting older, I already am!! But I don't think I have "morphed" along the way. I was taught to cook and clean as a quite young man, and still like doing those things.

As far as saying getting older sucks, it only does if YOU let it be that way! God did give you a life, so live it!!

Joanne f
02-11-2010, 01:36 PM
My opinions are about the same and my behavior is about the same and as for cooking i use to enjoy it but now i do all of it i must admit that i get a bit fed up with it some times .

Loni
02-11-2010, 01:48 PM
i enjoy the dressing part...but i still do not like to cook..cleaning is even worse.

now for a special reason i can do up a great table...but would like to have someone else do the cleanup.:daydreaming:

one of the problems of living alone.

Bunny Girl Zoe
02-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Used to hate shopping well unless was xbox 360 games or diy tools but hated shopping for clothes and shoes and now spend ages window shopping online. As for cooking i'm still a bad cook but I'm good if go's into wok so can cook thai or chinese other than that it's microwave.

JustWendy
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Isn't it funny about the shopping. It's only as Wendy that I found out that it wasn't shopping I hated, it was what I was shopping for that was boring. I've been wearing the same to pairs of men's shoes (1 black, 1 brown) for over a year and a half now. I've badly needed new pairs for over 6 months. In that same period, I've bought about a dozen pairs of high heels. When you think about the true variety of items and styles and colors and accessories to choose from, is it any wonder that girls love to shop?

Wendy