PDA

View Full Version : Long drive in a dress!

julie08
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
OK girls, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be taking a long drive. It's going to be about 12 hours long. When it gets dark out, I'm going to change into my dress, heels and wig. It'll be the first time "out" for me. I'm a little nervous, but more excited because I've committed myself to do it.

Gillian
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Good luck safe driving and be sure to tell us how you get on.

joandher
02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Dont forget your camera and good luck

:hugs: J-JAY

StaceyJane
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Sounds like fun. I love to drive while dressed.

victoriamwilliams1
02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Be safe and enjoy your drive:)

sherri52
02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Good luck Julie. My first time out was also in a car. It was 35 yrs ago and I drove around and then into Boston. A couple of years later I drove from Orlando to Las Angeles dressed. Stopping for gas was a drag because I had to change. All small gas stations on I-10. After the change I was good for another 300 miles.

Ashley B
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
That sounds like it should be fun. The nice thing about being in the car is that unless you're driving really erratically, no one is really going to be looking too closely. I bet that after you've gone out in the car once, you won't be able to help doing it again!

Mistybtm
02-12-2010, 09:54 PM
have fun be safe,
I love driving fully dressed i have tinted windows also and only stop a well know gas stations to fill her up. :D

Christina Horton
02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Ok one hint make sure you wear good driving shoes. If you have no 5 in heals yes they may be cute and nice but for long drives not very good. Just have fun and don't worrie about what people think or say cuz your not going to see them again. Keep a close eye on them and make sure that they don't follow you and all that. Good luck and just have fun.

Rachel Morley
02-13-2010, 12:40 AM
12 hours? Wow, that's a long drive! My first "dress and drive" was only an hour and a half, and I didn't wear a dress either. I wore capris as I was too chicken for a dress and also was super sensitive about trying to "blend in " too much I think.

Anyway, good luck and have fun :) Do post again and let us know how it went. :hugs:

HannahF6
02-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Remember it is not illegal to wear a dress. It is illegal to drive over the speed limit so drive safely, turn off your cell phone and be safe. If you drive safely there will be no surprises.

Hannah

marlacd
02-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Next time you go out, try looking at the others out on the road. Then, try guessing their sex. Its very likely you'll be more wrong, than right. At night, its almost impossible. Be safe, and have fun!

diannecourtney
02-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Unless your a hot driver, there is no need to changeeven with the wife I'll drive alonng time with my favoorite foorms under a peach sweater w/jeans 9ladies size 14, wwe'll do loafers for shoes. Best of luck. Theres no need to wory about lunch or gas.:):)

Deidra Cowen
02-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Have fun sweetie! By the way smart move on the dress. I once drove all the way from Atlanta to Florida in tight capri pants was tucked and all that stuff. Holy cow I was hurting down below by the time I got there.

weekend woman
02-13-2010, 10:36 AM
One thing every forgot, make sure your vehicle is in good working order. Maintence up to date, fluids full, tire pressure set, including the spare. Belts and hoses in good condition, also recommend some type of motor club for those unwanted emergencies, keys locked in car, flat tire, dead battery etc. Drive safe and don't feed the Bears.

Byanca
02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I dont like driving, but looking good makes it a bit more interesting. Especially if there are police controls :heehee:

Besides a skirt makes leg movement better, there is safety in this!

cdinmd206
02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
My wife says I drive a lot safer when I am dressed. She also says she does not understand why I have to show stocking tops and garter straps to be a better driver. hehe Maybe it's because of the cleavage she shows. Truck drivers are so friendly. They are always blowing their horns and waving at us lol

Nicole Brown
02-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi Julie,

Sounds like fun to me. I love driving and love it even more when I am driving as Nicole. Everyone else has given you some really good advice on driving carefully and things to take with you.

I want to offer you two simple suggestions that may well save you some money and discomfort. First, don't drive for the first time in heels that are higher than 3" and take a pair of flats with you just in case you need to switch to them. Driving in heels is a little bit different than driving in flats and your ankles may get a little sore until you get use to them. Also, make sure that you have a clean thick floor mat under your feet. This will help protect the back of your heels from getting scraped or scuffed and will also provide a little bit of additional padding under your feet.

Enjoy your drive.

Tanya83
02-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to do this myself. Probably this summer.

Whatcha gonna do when you need gas? :D Perfect op to just get out and feel the wind blowing your dress around your legs.

Starfire Jade
02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
OK girls, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be taking a long drive. It's going to be about 12 hours long. When it gets dark out, I'm going to change into my dress, heels and wig. It'll be the first time "out" for me. I'm a little nervous, but more excited because I've committed myself to do it.

Just dont get pulled over :D

MonicaJean
02-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Have fun! It's a whole bunch of fun to put on a skirt, hose and some mild heels (agree with above...no 5" heels) and enjoy the countryside. :)

Cathytg
02-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Have a great time.

Take along some make-up remover and such in case you get somewhere and want to change your mind.

PretzelGirl
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
You aren't saying what kind of trip this is, so I am going to echo Cathy. Take a complete kit to change and clean up with. You never know what life has to offer you when you don't want it, so leave yourself an out. And most of all, have a very good time!

Kaz
02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Can't agree more.. take the full kit to do a change should you need - you never know what may (or may not) happen... be prepared for anything!

Having said that... Driving as Kaz I know... and at night... you pass (well unless you get stopped maybe - which I never have) so drive safe, don't do ANYTHING contraversial, and enjoy.

I don't know if this is a straight trip (12 hours) or a drive around because you have ths space, but if you can stop some place... walk about a bit... it's how I got the feel of being outside. Big tip.. stop somewhere where there are people but they are all at a safe distance... mall car parks are good... get a feel for yourself and get closer to the people. You will be amazed how they don't notice.

I don't pretend to be comfortable "out" yet, but this is how I started.. and it works. Night is unsafe, but safe places at night are great - the night light is very kind to us...

Let us know how you get on!

Best Kaz xx:hugs:

Sheren Kelly
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
After driving for 30+ years without an incident in guy mode, I was traveling through the "bad" section of town, at night, in a party dress, lost and looking for the Drag Club. I was stopped to make a left turn and suddenly I was rear ended (actually, the car was rear ended!). It turned out to be a hit and run and as I regained my bearings, I resisted the temptation to drive after the car that hit me. I was able to get home, but I was glad I kept a bag of some guy clothes and a towel in my trunk. Had I been sent to the hospital, it would have been awkward. Unless you are comfortable being known by all as a crossdresser, you may want to have a back-up change of clothes when you go out.

Frédérique
02-14-2010, 12:20 AM

Love it! Please be careful driving in those heels, and bring a lighted mirror with you. :battingeyelashes: I love taking long drives whilst dressed, and I’ve gotten really good at it – practice makes perfect. You’ll soon find that it’s just as easy and fun to drive around dressed (for some distance) during the daytime. I promise you will get used to the feeling of vulnerability and feed off of it – it’s FUN! :)

julie08
02-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I did it! I put on my pantyhose and dress at home, and wore a sweather and jeans over top so nobody could see. When the sun went down, I changed while driving, put on my heels (about 4") and pulled out my wig and drove from there.

Since I can't pass, I changed back before getting food or gas, but I did get the courage to stop and a rest stop and get a blanket out of my trunk. It was the greatest feeling!

Maybe next time I will get gas. Those darn gas stations are just really lit up! lol.

Alice Torn
02-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Dittos on what some others said. Good idea to have a change of guy threads, and shoes, coat, in case of car trouble, other unexpected problem. Be pleasant yo cops if stopped! I got pulled over my second time driving. Relax and stay alert, have fun!

Paula Siemen
02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
ENJOY THE RIDE!!
I just got back from a three hour drive last weekend from my home town back to where I live in full fem. I had enjoyed fullfilling a fantasy that day in my home town (I posted a story on this last week "Fantacy Fullfilled"). It was really pleasant driving along the highway in my fem self. I do say I'm a little firtatshes with the truck drivers, having my skirt pulled up rather close to my waist...but oh well...didn't get any reactions to my knowledge. I guess they've seen it all by now.
Anyway I did make a quick stop at a Bealls Department store at an intermediate town, just to check if they hand any cute dresses...they did..but not enough time to try any on and I'd already spent my budget.
It was a great ride though and I'm looking forward a couple of weeks when I will have another out of town excursion and I plan to drive in fem the whole way. I'll likely need to stop for a meal on the way...should be nteresting.

BTW...on my drive from where I live to my home town, I opted not to go in fem as I was to immediately meet someone, not privy to my dressing and would not have a place or time to morph to drab. Anyway, as luck or unluck would have it, I hit a piece of metal debris on the highway and you guessed it....FLAT TIRE!!! Oh Sh*t. I had to drive on it about two miles as the shoulder was not near wide enough to allow sufficeint room to pull over and change a tire. Also this was the first flat tire I've had since I can remember on the highway and I'd never changed a tire on a car that the spare dropped down from under the rear portion of the car...like a pickup. Finally I got to a crossover between the two heavily traveled lanes and paked in the middle. I got ther owners manual out and started reading, finding the jack and wrench stowed under the back seat. Anyway, 45 minutes later I was getting back on the road and heading on my way.

Now, if I had been in fem..........I probably wouldn't have had to change the tire myself.....and then possibly beaten to a pulp? Maybe AAA is the answer?

Lesson learned: check your car out before making long drives in fem, avoid road debris a much as possible, know how to change the tire and have lug nuts tight enough that you can still loosen with the wrench, know where the jack and wrench are and have a quick back-up drab suit to get into if you should need roadside assistance.

Have a great ride,
Paula

Nina (uk)
02-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Shouldnt drive with your heels on mrs. Remember what happened to Marc Bolan (t-rex).

EnglishRose
02-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Heh, a few years ago I got dressed for a 2 hour drive to Rhode Island once, and didn't think I'd have to stop off anywhere (would change in the car in the town I was going to). As soon as I set off I realized I had no gas and had to stop. Disguised myself as best I could (my jacket wasn't all that fem) as it was full service :o I swear the attendant gave me a knowing smile.

(not been out of the house dressed since my wife found out how far my CDing went, and she's scared for me being attacked my idiots or police)

Jamie48
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM
I drive while dressed all the time & I love it. I use a GPS system to avoid getting lost & always drive the posted speed limit. Have a good time.

Janet K.
02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
That was how I started with my forays into the general public. The heels have never been a problem for me, and I actually prefer a higher heel to a flat while driving. Once you get comfortable driving, try stopping someplace public (well lit and with other people-attacks are not fun!) and walking around for a bit. Talk about a liberating experience!

sallyjones
02-19-2010, 03:42 PM
how fun. i am going to drive back home, just wearing a bra and forms though. do it it is such a trip.

Brandi Wyne
02-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Well, let's see what we don't know. We don't know what kind of vehicle you are driving. If it's a gasoline tanker or a dump truck, you might want to keep a close eye on the rear view mirror. We also don't know why you are taking the trip. If you are going to pick up your son at college, you might want to change in another town. :eek:

Have fun and post us on this one.

Teri Jean
02-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Julie I used to do this a long time ago, okay a couple years ago, and it is exillerating. With the days getting longer there will be less time to sleep so you may want to get a little braver and try the day light hours. The thing I found is from the time you meet a car on the road and until they pass you there is a bout 10 seconds where they may recognize the person in the other car.

Good luck, drive careful and have fun.

Teri

Loni
02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
with all these gals out there saying take a kit...everybody no matter who, what, were, should always have a bob kit in there car, truck.

b.o.b. = bug out bag.

never realy know what will happen, that bridge goes out, storm, earthquake, tidalewave, wife gets home a bit early...etc.:D

kinda like keep your fem stuff in a case in the trunk of the car, here is something that stays in the car. including a gallon of water and some food. two days worth. change of clothing.
never was a girl scout, just did not quite "fit in". but just being ready for what if. :eek:

julie08
02-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks ladies for all of your encouragement! I did go on my drive and it was great! Maybe soon I will work on my courage and get out and pump gas. Just getting out at the rest stop was great! I'll have to learn how to do makeup before I get out at a gas station though...

bikini02
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
So are you going somewhere?

Michelle-Leigh
02-21-2010, 11:45 AM
If you are doing full makeup and hair and presenting as a woman, then you can go about your business as usual - fueling and rest stops, etc. Just seek out and use unisex restrooms, and you will find that it is little different from being out in drab, just maybe quite a bit more comfortable. I do enjoy gassing up the car in a skirt !