PDA

View Full Version : shopping

liz007
02-12-2010, 04:19 PM
hi
Finally got the nerve to go in a shop and buy something, it was only a pair of tights but it was a start. I have only bought clothing on line or my wife has got them
liz

DiannaRose
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
It gets easier, the more you do it.

Tights are nothing to me any more...I buy 'em all the time. Skirts and dresses a little tougher, 'cause I usually prefer to try them on. But even those I wouldn't be afraid to take with me into a dressing room. :)

Enjoy, Liz!

StaceyJane
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Once you start you can't stop!

kimdl93
02-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Liz,

Like most of us here, you'll find that SAs are more often than not very understanding, and quite friendly, despite our latent fears.

jasmine57
02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree, it gets easier as you do it more. I was nervous as heck the first time now I don't but anything in the stores without trying it on first.

tricia_uktv
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Go on Liz, go for some panties :) But make sure you know what size to get.

Life is fun, enjoy it,

Hugs and good luck,

Trish xx

EnglishRose
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Ha, I bought a coat once, asking very nervously for a gift receipt. I was bricking it. Haven't tried since :o

gabimartini
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Good for you, Liz!! Congrats!!

alexmarie
02-12-2010, 05:52 PM
It does get easy. I started out buying panties on line now I go dress shopping in the mall for me

tamarav
02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Way to go Liz!

Now you can concentrate on getting the whole look together and getting out there and living it up. As everyone says, there is no stopping you now and it does get much easier.

HannahF6
02-13-2010, 01:07 AM
It does get easier. I was nervous as hell the first time and totally relaxed the second time. Now I can't really imagine what the problem was. If I want something I go into a store and buy it. Really the only concern from the sales assistants is, will you pay? If you do then everything is great.

I ran into a problem only once. I was dressed completely as a man and projecting nothing. I was with my daughter who has no idea I crossdress, I'd bought a bottle of wine, and some snacks for the night and she bought a couple of lip liners. A male sales clerk looked at me and said "these can't be for you", I said "I'm paying for those and who are you to decide what I can and cannot buy? For your information, they are for my daughter who is standing here beside me but I have no idea why I need to explain that to you."

But when buying things for myself, I've never had even a hint of trouble.

Remember there are no laws that say you cannot wear a dress.

Hannah

Georgia Rose
02-13-2010, 05:50 AM
It does get easier but I find I have to be in the right frame of mind. If I've decided today I'm going to buy something I usually do. Went shopping today and chickened out on the underwear and thought it was a lost day. However ended up with a skirt I've been after for ages and is was on special so saved money too. Just need to persevere.:drink:

Hermione Simpson
02-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Like many people have said, after the 1st time shopping for femme clothing it gets easier, & it's true, it does, I remember I kept putting it off, till one day I thought, what's the point, has i'll have to it one day anyway, & i'm glad I did, also the same could be said for going out dressed en femme for the 1st time

Bunny Girl Zoe
02-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I was a bag of nerves first time I shoped in person but 2nd time I was more relaxed so it gets easyer the more you shop.