PDA

View Full Version : How close is too close to home - Update

Shelly Preston
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Today I set out to visit some friends

I had good plan. A nice early start while it was dark meant I could leave the house dressed as Shelly while everyone else was sleeping.

Well you know what they say about the best laid plans :brolleyes:

I went out to the car to put the laptop in when I noticed a police car at the entrance to my drive. As they are not showing any interest in me I am not concerened. When I return to put my suitcase in the car I find the policeman walking toward me as i step out the door. Now I am thinking Oh Sh......... so I have no choice but to wait and see what comes next.

It turns out the nice policeman is looking for directions :eek:

No comment was made on my dressing at all.

Sheila
02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
will tell CC to count the teaspoons as you leave Shelly :heehee::heehee:

gabimartini
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!! Something always has to go south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Murphy's law?

Emma Leigh
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
It turns out the nice policeman is looking for directions :eek:

No comment was made on my dressing at all.

So did you just point, or do you have the voice of Loraine Kelly?

Sandra
02-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I bet your heart was pounding hun :)

eileendover
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
♫... "this increases my paranoia,
like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car." ♫
("Almost Cut My Hair" by David Crosby)

Wow Shelly! :eek: Talk about high anxiety!

jasmine57
02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
That is definately an " OH SH** " moment. Glad it turned out ok.

JustWendy
02-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Shelly - if you can handle that situation, you can handle anything that comes your way. :clap:

Wendy

sherri52
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Too close for comfort. Glad it worked out ok

kimdl93
02-12-2010, 06:53 PM
a little test of the nerves, but you passed - figuratively speaking at least!

victoriamwilliams1
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
The police was looking for directions! They do not have GPS in the cruisers. Hey it worked out for you.

Ashley B
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh god, that's a nerve-wracking ordeal. One of my huge fears while driving around dressed is getting into a fender bender or getting pulled over. I think I'd probably break down crying if it were me, it sounds like you handled the situation really well!

NathalieX66
02-13-2010, 12:06 AM
God, I was so there last weekend. Shelly I feel for you.:hugs:
This was the synopsis of my weekend las saturday night. I live in a small town about 2 dozen miles west of New York City, chronological order:

My TG support group meeeting about 90 miles south of me was cancelled because of the bizzard. So instead I ventured to new York City where there was no snow,all dressed up. I went out on foot all over SOHO (South Of Houston st. , get it?), and stopped into a bookstore and a deli all dressed up. I didn't bother stopping into any clubs or bars because I didn't feel like drinking (still recovering from a cold). There were RuPaul DragRace billboards everywhere.
I drove back home. I have one headlight out and a cop from my town passes me, does a U-turn, and follows me to my driveway. My next door neghbor is a cop from the same town, and our driveways are next to each other, like a bowling alley. Cop dissapears as soon as I drive into my driveway. All I kep thinking was the blue lights,and waking up my neighbor cop. The car i was driving was registered in my mom's name and had out of state license plates. I had all my makeup on, a silver grey midi-skirt and knee boots. It would have been one helluva fun evening if that cop did decide to stop me! :brolleyes:

Missy Tanya
02-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Just like a man, to have to ask a woman for directions!!!

Shelly, you did much better than I would have. Have you ever heard the one about the cat with a bird in it's mouth??? Nope I haven't done anything yet to be in trouble, but it's still early!!!

I would have been soo busted. Handcuffs, backseat, strip search, cell bi*ch, are just some of the things coming to mind, as he's walking up to me.

Tanya

Christina Horton
02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I don't see the prob. Police are professional and will treat you with respect. So there the least of our worries when out. Ya just have to worrie about red necks.............

So how did the rest of the day go? You did not say how it went......

erika130
02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Pretty close for comfort. Actually I always wonder about these kind of situations that "might" happen lol

JOJO44
02-13-2010, 01:02 AM
If you had the brass b*lls to ask him, should have asked if the ten inches was enough. :o . SNOW man SNOW!

Loni
02-13-2010, 01:06 AM
sounds more like he was fishing,:eek:
when they want answers to one question...they ask in another way.
something was going on in your area and he was checking you out..to make sure you were not up to no good. he had already ran your plates.

Shelly Preston
02-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Thanks for all the replies

So did you just point, or do you have the voice of Loraine Kelly?
If only my voice was as good as hers it would make life even easier

I don't see the prob. Police are professional and will treat you with respect. So there the least of our worries when out. Ya just have to worrie about red necks.............

So how did the rest of the day go? You did not say how it went......
The rest of the day went fine a met up with a long time member of the forum who does not post much at all. but we had some coffee and a good chat about life and its troubles.

If you had the brass b*lls to ask him, should have asked if the ten inches was enough. :o . SNOW man SNOW!

All our snow has gone, why would I ask about something we dont have :brolleyes:

sounds more like he was fishing,:eek:
when they want answers to one question...they ask in another way.
something was going on in your area and he was checking you out..to make sure you were not up to no good. he had already ran your plates.

Had he stopped me I would agree, but it would seem strange if he had run my plates and then questioned me, as my car was outside my house.

sherri
02-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Your experience is really the norm to be expected in dealing with law enforcement. CDing is not illegal, so unless you've been drinking or something, there's really nothing to fear. But that doesn't keep your heart from a skipping a beat anyway. :) I wouldn't worry about this happening in your driveway -- based on what you told us, I doubt that he even entered your "secret" into the official record, and he really didn't learn anything he wouldn't have known from checking your drivers license on a routine stop. Of course, cops gossip just like anyone else, so it could be an issue if you live in a small town.

Gillian
02-13-2010, 09:59 AM
What a wake up call Shelly, you see this is why I just don't want to go out as Gillian, I know I'm a coward but I don't care, LOL,,,,

Someday I am going to get a drive en femme and someday similar may happen, that as they say is life. I am glad you had a good day otherwise.

Best wishes from the Western side of the country

Genifer Teal
02-13-2010, 10:41 AM
My close to home situations:

The first support group I went to, turned out to be 1 block from my high school. I could look almost look out the window and see the football field. I was no longer attending, but still ,living in the neighborhood.

Another time I was late for a nail appt at 5PM (still daylight). I ran out the door to my car. Next day I get an email from some random person who saw me, said I looked amazing and asked what it is like to be out. This scared me for a short while. I sort of guessed the only way to know my email (based on where I live) was through a (different) support group I still belong to. Turns out, they live up the block but are married and very closeted. We never got to build a friendship.

Gen

Sandra
02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
will tell CC to count the teaspoons as you leave Shelly :heehee::heehee:

Now we know why CC canceled our weekend visit, she had a better offer. :D

Di
02-13-2010, 07:06 PM
That is definately an " OH SH** " moment. Glad it turned out ok.
Just what I was thinking:D
Glad it went well and you handled it well hon.:hugs:

Rachel Morley
02-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Ut oh :worried: ... I know I'd have the exact same feelings you did if a policeman was walking towards me too. Gulp ... time to fess up, and just tell yourself you're not breaking any laws (yet!) :D

Thanks for sharing!

Nigella
02-14-2010, 02:05 PM
She knew you would hear the cutlery rattle :rofl:

Sheila
02-14-2010, 02:59 PM
And now for ther Finale to the weekend Shelly ......... come on do tell and don't forget the pics :rofl: it could only happen to you :lol2:

Shelly Preston
02-14-2010, 03:42 PM
A girl could get paranoid at times

Well it was a great weekend with lots of fun and laughter but some things do make you wonder

As I was leaving for home this moring I had a deja vu moment

As you can see I had another meeting with the police :eek:

This encounter ended with laughter when we explained what happened on Friday morning

Somebody could be following me ?????

i also seem to have something else missing cant quite put my finger on what tho

Oh It seems I have gained another laptop :o

Tamara Croft
02-14-2010, 03:44 PM
LOL!! I thought it was only me that made off with peoples stuff when I left :whistling: You are a bad girl Shelly :slap:

Nigella
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Somebody could be following me ?????

Not really it was the same cops, come back to tell you that the directions were wrong :lol:

Sheila
02-14-2010, 04:20 PM
ah gd reason for coming bk to return it but honest no need to make excuses landlord hasnt told me to go this time seems im safe for now:hugs::hugs:

:eek:as if she needs any excuse :doh: ...... and I wouldn't worry about the landlord .......... methinks it could be the city council ordering you out from city with all the shenanigans you two get up to :tongueout:tongueout

Frédérique
02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
It turns out the nice policeman is looking for directions. No comment was made on my dressing at all.

It’s almost shocking that a man would ask for directions! :eek: Here in the U.S., that would signal the beginning of the end for masculinity as we (used to) know it. That being said, if a policeman walked towards me, in my own driveway, and I was dressed the way I like to be, I would be at or near DEFCON 3. I think I would manage to laugh nervously and remain outwardly calm, but I hope I never have the opportunity to find out…:heehee:

Your experience is really the norm to be expected in dealing with law enforcement. CDing is not illegal, so unless you've been drinking or something, there's really nothing to fear. But that doesn't keep your heart from a skipping a beat anyway.

True, it’s not illegal, but I would expect a policeman here in small-town Kansas to ask me why I was dressed this way. My reply would be – “I’m a transvestite. Have you ever seen one before?” :straightface:

Persephone
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
True, it’s not illegal, but I would expect a policeman here in small-town Kansas to ask me why I was dressed this way. My reply would be – “I’m a transvestite. Have you ever seen one before?” :straightface:

Good for you, Frédérique! I can't think of a more perfect response!

lavistaa62
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
...I had all my makeup on, a silver grey midi-skirt and knee boots... :brolleyes:

Isn't that outfit in your profile? "He would have gotten a big surprise when he looked at your wallet. You could have said- Oh rats I left my pocketbook at home but my husband left his wallet in the tray would you like to call him?" What I'm saying is maybe you could have pulled it off esp given the last name and being registered in your Mom's name?

Amanda Katharine
02-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Your experience is really the norm to be expected in dealing with law enforcement. CDing is not illegal, so unless you've been drinking or something, there's really nothing to fear.

I hate to tell you this but at least in the area I live in(northern North Carolina), yes it is illegal. If you're seen by police or if you go out in public and someone wants to be a prick and report you, yes you can be arrested, jailed and charged with "lewd conduct."

Kristy Snow
02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I always try not to go to places that I have been in boy mode to.

Samantha B L
02-14-2010, 10:48 PM
That's a great story Shelly. It sounds like it was one of those "tradeoffs" that happen in life when you expect trouble the most.

Karren H
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
With all the GPS and electronic gear in the modern police car I seriously doubt he was lost... More like he just thought you looked hot, Shelly!!

siantv2003
02-15-2010, 09:46 AM

LOL .. very good! and my mind went there too :D

TG_Nicole
02-15-2010, 10:31 AM
So I'm curious hun. Did the cop call you mam or miss? And how awesome did it make you feel. My first time out in public somebody was asking for gas money outside the club and referred to me and my wife as "Ladies". It was awesome.

Evangeline
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I would have tried to answer him in my best Rab C Nesbit impression.

Shelly Preston
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
With all the GPS and electronic gear in the modern police car I seriously doubt he was lost... More like he just thought you looked hot, Shelly!!

I know from experience those don't always work properly

So I'm curious hun. Did the cop call you mam or miss? And how awesome did it make you feel. My first time out in public somebody was asking for gas money outside the club and referred to me and my wife as "Ladies". It was awesome.

All he said was excuse me can you help :D

Rachael Warren
02-15-2010, 04:57 PM
You've come a long way in a short time. ;)

Well done for keeping your cool.

KristyPa
02-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I feel for you, so close to home.

One night I was out in a Pittsburgh suburb. I pulled into a bar parking lot and was looking over my makeup ect before I went in.
A cop pulled in and pulled right in front of my car with his red and blue lights on.
He told me to get out of my car. I did then he told me to get back in and give him my ID ect. In like 2 minutes another cop car pulled in with two cops.
They told me to get out of my vehicle and asked to search my car. I said go ahead and search it.
While standing outside one of the cops said "You need to see a doctor".
I knew better than to say anything. They didn't find anything and let me go.
I left and went somewhere else, I new better than to stay there.

goofus
02-22-2010, 04:12 PM
All's well that ends well :)

Angelofsomekind
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
one of the cops said "You need to see a doctor".

I'll make an appointment with a gyno. as soon as I get home!

Billijo49504
02-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Did you have to go back in to change your panties??? I had a thing with a cop dressed. And I had to tell him I had a gun in my purse and he wanted to see my permit. Oppps!!!BJ

Danielle76
02-24-2010, 04:03 AM
I love to go out after the wife is alseep. It's nice driving around dressed up at night. Good times, indeed...