PDA

View Full Version : Office Joking???

Tiara
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I was in a coworkers office today. She is an interesting girl, as she really resembles Barbie. Anyway, she has a habit of leaving clothes in her office from time to time. I have no idea why. Today she left two beautiful cocktail dresses there hanging on the door. As I was using her office to work today my boss came in and started joking with me. He takes a look at the dresses and asks me if there is something he should know about me. I just laugh and shrug it off. But he continues to kid about it. I finally say, " well if you really want to know...". He then cuts me short and says, " don't say anything more". He then leaves the office. What do you think was going on there? Does he know about me, but really doesn"t want to know? I am puzled by it.
Tiara

sherri52
02-12-2010, 06:42 PM
He could know something or as he was joking he left before you could turn the joke on him.

kimdl93
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
yeah. I think there's something to it. I can't help but think he was creating a don't ask, don't tell moment.

Andy66
02-12-2010, 07:08 PM
It sounds to me like he was joking at first, but he didn't want to hear anything too personal. If you told him you were a crossdresser or any of a number of other things, and if you were ever fired, you might say you were fired because of being a crossdresser. If he's smart, he doesn't want to open himself up to that sort of possibility.

tifftg
02-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I agree with Anne, he realized, his joking was way too personal and backed out while he still could. That being said, what do you believe would be things that would suggest your are a cd to the casual observer?

Tiffany

Karen564
02-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd say he was just joking with you.....and really doesn't want to know TMI, sounds like a good guy to me...

Ummmmm, Is he married? :o :heehee:

Tiara
02-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree with Anne, he realized, his joking was way too personal and backed out while he still could. That being said, what do you believe would be things that would suggest your are a cd to the casual observer?

Tiffany

I am unusually thin for my age, sensitive, and soft spoken. I am not much into sports. That's it.

Elle1946
02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
It could be like the military "Don't ask and don't tell program". OR He may have went someplace he really didn't want to go, but did not know where that place was, but knew that he did not want to be there.

Sandy Banks
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you use office computers for this site? Are the computers monitored??.......These questions might answer yours.................:2c:

Megan70
02-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Personally Tiara I think you were being baited big time, and there was more than a possibility of it being a setup to get you to fess up, including the convenient leaving behind of "cocktail dresses" on the back of her office door??? Who the heck does that unless they have to change from work to go do a cocktail.
It was convenient that he happened to come into "her' office where you were working and just happened to start joking about dresses being there and baiting you to see your reaction, however he was not prepared to hear your partial comeback.
Nevertheless I think he heard from you what he needed to know. I would not trust that scenario at all, including Barbie doll. Lay very low on the CD subject and I'll tell you what i tell everyone when they have a moment of weakness and just about to burst with the truth... " Once you tell someone, you CAN'T take it back!
Megan

Tamara Croft
02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe you should put the dress on next time and see how he reacts :heehee:

Sedona
02-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Tiara,

From reading your post, it sounds possible that the boss thinks you're sleeping with the "Barbie" co-worker. He'd badly want to know (because she's hot), but wouldn't want to know, because he knows it's none of his business.

I may be way off base here, but think this could be the case?

JessicaMiller
02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Tiara,

From reading your post, it sounds possible that the boss thinks you're sleeping with the "Barbie" co-worker. He'd badly want to know (because she's hot), but wouldn't want to know, because he knows it's none of his business.

Great point, this takes a whole new angle!

HannahF6
02-13-2010, 12:56 AM
He probably knows there is something up but doesn't have a clue what it is. Most likely he was hoping you'd give him a clue. Keep him in suspense, deny nothing and admit nothing.

Hannah

eluuzion
02-13-2010, 01:21 AM
I think it was "Barbie"...in the conference room...with the candlestick. lol

Tanya83
02-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Tiara,

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think his first thought is that you wear the dresses.

I was waiting for you to write that you tried on "Barbies" dresses! lol That would be fun.

Gillian
02-13-2010, 09:10 AM
I am with Karen on this one, I have had a similar sort of response myself once maybe twice over the years to unusual items abandoned by collegues that are somehow left in my area or around my office, not once have I had anything provocative of mine, but still I was the butt of humour from a collegue or superior and I also did like you and when pressed do the same, well if you really want to know, and it was met with the same,,,nuff said,,, as I feel you call the bluff of the humour in going that route.

I would not worry over such a thing it is our inside knowledge that makes us feel guilty not anything anyone else knows.

Deidra Cowen
02-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Tiara,

Sedona came up with the best theory. Boss thinks you two are messing around.

Even though I am gay but in the closet, at work twice people have thought I was messing around with GGs there at the company. (I'm single so don't get on me!) Anyway I think sometimes GGs like kinda androgeous guys but I did not mess around other than hanging out after work...but its great cover for everyone to think your a stud! Throws em off track on ever thinking we might be Tgirls and/or gay.

serinalynn
02-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I think, that if you are doing your job to the best of your ability every workday, there should not be an issue. Maybe your boss thought the office was unoccupied and wanted to go in and touch and feel the dresses himself in private. With out your boss specifically stating his business for comming in the office, it's hard to say what was on his mind. If nothing else is said, then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

SherriePall
02-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Methinks he was joking.

Tiara
02-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Barbie is an avid reader and is always leaving books in her office. I should add that a few years ago "Barbie" left two books in her office by the author Tama Janowitz. The title of the books : Slaves of New York and The Male Cross-dresser Support Group. Coincidence?

Megan70
02-13-2010, 09:43 PM
No coincidence at all... my first instincts were right. Read my first post above, I think she has you pegged.....so freakin what!

Deidra Cowen
02-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Well...I was wrong looks like. She is on to ya. Good luck sweetie.

Barbara918
02-14-2010, 08:11 AM
A question comes to mind -- Has anyone here ever told someone they were a CD, knowing that person would simply think you were joking? I do it all the time.

JulieK1980
02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
A question comes to mind -- Has anyone here ever told someone they were a CD, knowing that person would simply think you were joking? I do it all the time.

I do that all the time at work! LOL! I love the puzzled looks I get, me and one of the nurses I work with have a running joke that we borrow each others clothes. New people always give us a puzzled look...

But I'd say the guy was smart and realized he didn't need or want to know the answer to his joking... Rather tactful if you ask me..

Kerrylee61
02-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Your boss is a smart one. He knows but doesn't want it to be official.

You are fortunate to have such a supervisor.

Kerry

Abbyru1
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe he knows a little something about "Barbie" and has no idea to learn that his whole work force is- - - -- - ummmm- - - - - - unusual?

SherriePall
02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Add me to Abbyru1's thinking. Maybe Barbie is special, too.

AmandaM
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Barbie is an avid reader and is always leaving books in her office. I should add that a few years ago "Barbie" left two books in her office by the author Tama Janowitz. The title of the books : Slaves of New York and The Male Cross-dresser Support Group. Coincidence?

Maybe she's just hip. Just cause she's read Tama, doesn't mean she's "into" crossdressing or anything. Or....maybe she's a transsexual! :D

Karen564
02-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Geez, I think too many here are reading into this joking comment FAR beyond than it was ever intended...guilt has a funny way of making one's imagination run wild...

Just because Barbi read a book by Tama Janowitz 3 years ago doesn't mean a thing & one must remember that was 3 whole years ago..

And if Barbi was TS, then on on earth would she read that book?? You'll have to take my word for it but, the last thing I want to read is book about CDing, think about it....why?, been there done that....lol

No, Barbi is not a TS..and it wouldn't be the 1st time a woman left a change of clothes in the office...some of us like to change into something nicer than working clothes for a date or cocktails after work...

Felicity O
02-15-2010, 12:32 AM
I tend to make jokes about me being a crossdresser all the time, in a "I'm being facetious" kind of way. I do it oftentimes to gauge someone's reaction to the idea. They always think I'm joking, and it's fun to do sometimes. No one ever guesses that you're a crossdresser, at least, not usually.

Tiara
02-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Geez, I think too many here are reading into this joking comment FAR beyond than it was ever intended...guilt has a funny way of making one's imagination run wild...

Just because Barbi read a book by Tama Janowitz 3 years ago doesn't mean a thing & one must remember that was 3 whole years ago..

And if Barbi was TS, then on on earth would she read that book?? You'll have to take my word for it but, the last thing I want to read is book about CDing, think about it....why?, been there done that....lol

No, Barbi is not a TS..and it wouldn't be the 1st time a woman left a change of clothes in the office...some of us like to change into something nicer than working clothes for a date or cocktails after work...

That of course is the question. Are Barbi and my boss on to me or is this just coincedental.
I am very tempted to test them indirectly, but it could back fire. Is it worth it?

june maddon
02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
He probably realized later that you were not in your own office and was too embarresed to say anything

Christina Horton
02-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Maybe your boss and barbie ar haveing an afair , and that's why he walked in there to " feel and smell her stuff " and you were there and he did not know you would be. When he found you there he ( stumbled ) into a chat and when he started to get to personal he backed off. The dresses may have been for him ( sex role reverse ) for the two of them.

Well that's just one idea eh.

Karen564
02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
That of course is the question. Are Barbi and my boss on to me or is this just coincedental.
I am very tempted to test them indirectly, but it could back fire. Is it worth it?

I can pretty much guarantee you that your indirect approach will back fire..

My advise to you is that if you don't plan on coming out of the closet soon, then I would forget about it....and leave it be...

If you do want to come clean to both of them, be straight up with them, don't beat around the bush, because most people are terrible mind readers...

It's totally up to you..

Teranika
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
If you really want to know, just ask him. If nothing else, use misdirection; act like you think he was suggesting you were having an affair or something, it would probably be perfectly natural to be worried about that.

Its probably a much simpler explanation, just an offhand joke or something. Of course.....just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Heh, I have a serious paranoia problem, and my mind spins out elaborate scenarios, and 9 times out of 10 it turns out I'm just being dumb.

ShortSkirtCindy
02-15-2010, 06:07 PM
There is a right place and a right time to "Test" people and the workplace to me is either.

Too much Drama can be generated at work with co-workers and I personally wouldn't want to jeopardize my integrity with a boss over something as personal as my crossdressing.

When I am at work, I am there to make money not create gossip. But that is me.....

Good Luck,

~~Cindy~~

Tamara Croft
02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
You know what is more interesting about this thread? The fact that you posted almost an identical thing in 2004, almost word for word.....

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2998

I had a strange event happen at work. I was working in another persons office a few weeks ago. This office belongs to a very attractive woman, who for some reason keeps her wedding gown and a beautiful evening dress in the room. A coworker (male) comes in the room, looks at the clothing, and asks if the stuff is mine. I just laughed and shrugged it off. He then teased me again making it sound like he was joking. At that point I said, "Well, if you really want to know..." He then got very serious and told me he didn't want to hear anything else.

What went on there?

I should tell everyone that at work I am masculine and rarely use that office, at least no more than anyone else.

Tiara

So... care to explain?

Genifer Teal
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Tamara, how did you even find that other post?

My response would have been some thing like, "They're not my size. I already checked."

That's my sense of humor. Once in a while I let it slip (on purpose) that I know facts that guys wouldn't know. Little things that women take for granted knowing and guys just never think of. Like this situation. What guy knows his dress size?

Gen

Tamara Croft
02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Because I looked into her thread history Genifer, there isn't many threads....

JulieK1980
02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Busted! .............:eek::tongueout

AmandaM
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh Tiara! Seriously, what gives?

Karen564
02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
You know what is more interesting about this thread? The fact that you posted almost an identical thing in 2004, almost word for word.....

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2998

So... care to explain?

Now that's very interesting indeed.....Tamara is such a good detective!!

And funny, all the words are the same, only the dress has changed......lol

So what's up with that??

Tamara Croft
02-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Well, Tiara has been online and not answered us... seriously Tiara... did you just do it for attention? :rolleyes:

nvlady
02-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Just tell him "Some days I'm me, some days I'm (the co-worker whose office you were in), and I'm drawing a double salery).

JessicaMiller
02-16-2010, 12:43 AM
My office is right across the street from a popular drag show bar. So we are always making jokes about getting lunch from there, or seeing coworkers going in there after hours. Funny thing is, i've been in there dozens of times, but i bet they wouldn't notice it was me even if they walked right past me!

Tiara
02-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Well, Tiara has been online and not answered us... seriously Tiara... did you just do it for attention? :rolleyes:

The story is true. I only changed the date to make it seem current. I thought it would improve the interest and number of responses from the group. The work incident has been on my mind for years. I started the discussion not because I crave attention, at least not more than most of the other members of this group. :gh:

Tamara Croft
02-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Well that's just lame... and this thread is done!