PDA

View Full Version : How tall, is too tall?

JessicaMiller
02-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Being a tall gurl, i have often wondered if i'm too tall for my own good while dressed femme? I'm 6'2 without heels, and when i go out, i feel like my height may be a disadvantage at times. Usually when i cam with people and share pics, i get positive feedback on my appearance and shape. However, on a few instances recently, when i've met up with new partners for the first time, i've noticed they may feel a little uncomfortable with me being taller than them. Because of that, i get paranoid, thus becoming uncomfortable with my height. I do draw a lot of attention when i go out shopping, and i understand that, i just want to be more passable. Any suggestions ladies? Thanks for any and all feedback :)

AllieSF
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Don't worry. I always think that I am too short at 5-6. Yeah, for a woman that is cool, but I am so used to looking up that 6-2 is almost at eye level for me now. You can wear flats, which I enjoy, or just wear what you like, keep your head up, chest out, back arched and your butt out. When you walk into a room like that people will see that you own the place and are comfortable with yourself, the only one that really matters in life anyway! Go for it and enjoy it.

pamela_a
02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
You're only 6'2" and you are concerned?

I'm 6'5" in flats, transitioning living full time.

You're NOT too tall.

linnea
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm 6'0" tall. It's not about the height (of course, people can be surprised by it, but it's not really an important issue). let your height be simply another part of your beauty.

Jennifer Lynndon
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Not to worry, Sweetie.
I know all about it ... at 6'-6" in my bare feet I know the problems of being tall. You look fabulous and have a very feminine appearance in your avatar. Confidence is the most important factor! Just ast like a lady and go about your business and you'll be fine.

When you're doing your best to blend in it would certainly help to wear flats and dress appropriately. There are a lot of tall ladies around and you're one of them.

Now with all of that said, I gave up on passing ages ago and I celebrate my height! I always wear tall heels and love a variety of up-do's for my hair. When I go out I'm 7 feet tall when the heels and hair are added in! And yes, I only go to venues where I'm welcomed and appreciated.
And I have even developed a bit of a fan following! :daydreaming:
It's great!

gabimartini
02-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm 6'1". Don't pay much attention to your height and just try to enjoy yourself. If you are uncomfortable, that shows to others. Just wear flats and be confident, as many people secretly wish they could be a few inches taller. They'll look at you out of admiration! :)

JessicaMiller
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all the support, and great advice! I do own some pairs of flats, and i'm getting more comfortable in them.

Teri Jean
02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm 6-3 in my stockings and proud of it. Yes it makes clothing choices a challenge but should not be a reason to not pursue your passion. There are many women I look up to physically as they are very attractive.

Teri

Tora
02-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Jennifer is right! It is about confidence, and presentation. There are a lot of tall women out there with us. The pretty ones don't slouch, they stand tall.
I am 6' in stocking feet, so flats or low heels are best. My daughter is 6'1" and loves to wear heels. (She doesn't know) If I win the lottery, I will hire a tall beauty to be my shopping and deportment guide. Were is Grace Jones when we need her. Jessica, just enjoy. Although I am in mourning at the loss of the Tall Girl Shops!

Joni Marie Cruz
02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Jessica-

Don't let it bother you, I'm 6-1 in my barefeet, so only a little shorter than you and I'm sure there are many, many other girls here in the same height range. As someone else pointed out, there are plenty of other ggirls out there who are as tall or even taller. Just be yourself and have fun.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Jennifer Lynndon
02-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the support, and great advice! I do own some pairs of flats, and i'm getting more comfortable in them.

But always remember Doll, when you're going out shopping, getting a cup of coffee, a nice lunch or whatever, the falts are probably the most appropriate, but there are evenings when it's just the most fun to be a really tall girl, wearing your tallest heels, going to clubs or various locations where your height will be an asset providing extra attention ... and extra attention can be a really good thing! :heehee:

Maddie22
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I am 6'5'' - 6'6'' in flats...I go out in heels all the time, mostly because flats in my size are not as easy to find, and the flats that I have found are really expensive...(Not sure why they make more heels in bigger sized shoes, you think it would be the opposite)

I know how you feel though! But on the plus side, everyone I meet is jealous of my height!!

Pam...how is transitioning at 6'5''?? I do believe that at some point in time I will be transitioning my self, and I would love to know what full time is like at 6'5''

EnglishRose
02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
My heels always amuse my wife, because they're raising me up from my natural 6'6 :D

JeanMarie
02-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Well this here is my first post and I think I found a good one . I happen to be 6' and when I wear my heels I feel like godzilla , but , I think of the odd-ball comedies and the one quote that sticks out is :
"Yes they do go all the way up , and , I just had them lenghthend " lol

Jennifer Lynndon
02-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Well this here is my first post and I think I found a good one . I happen to be 6' and when I wear my heels I feel like godzilla , but , I think of the odd-ball comedies and the one quote that sticks out is :
"Yes they do go all the way up , and , I just had them lenghthend " lol

Thanks for the comment JeanMarie, and welcome to the board!

I'm going to remember those! :battingeyelashes:

Miranda09
02-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Nothing wrong with being tall Jessica. Makes you that more attractive. ;)

Fran Moore
02-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Anytime, Jessica! I think you look great, and I really don't care what anyone thinks. It's more about how you FEEL, and you should feel proud to be who you are everywhere you go. Of course people will talk, point, snicker, or whatever, but it's your life, and it's a free country, so celebrate the fact that you are special, walk tall and proud (whether in flats or heels) and keep on smiling gal!

Suzanne - Six foot two, and eyes of blue:battingeyelashes:

eluuzion
02-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Attend a few women's volleyball matches or basketball games (high school, college etc.) and observe. You will see how confident tall women carry themselves and how admired they really are.

I have spent many seasons watching volleyball matches and that was certainly my impression.

Rachel Morley
02-13-2010, 12:47 AM
People notice you when you're out in public en femme? Let's be totally honest here, tall, slim women are hot! :)

You look fantastic in your avatar and profile pic, and I'm not the least bit surprised people admire you and look at you when you are out. In a past life when I was a single guy, I used to love tall slim women ... in fact I couldn't take my eyes off them ... the taller the better. I think people looking is not because they read you as a CDer, it's because very tall women are sexy and they want to look :hugs:

Renee2Fun
02-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I too am 6' 2" and I'm constantly having this monkey-mind conversation. My supportive wife, CD friend and his wife encourage me to step out and don't worry about what others think... but I do think, therefore I am... a Crossdresser. :battingeyelashes:

I think my wife likes that I'm challenged by my height so it'll keep me from venturing too far from home. :)

But I have to tell you when I do go out (on a rare occassion :shades:) to a local gay bar with my friends and wife and feel confident about myself the height issue disappears. Once while we were there a beautiful blond bombshell of a woman who had 6" heels strutted across the room and my friends had to ask her how tall she was. She was 6' and in those heels she was about 6' 6"!! but she was so confident because it's just who she is... herself. Easier said than done huh?

I like the outfit style you have in your Fall '09 photo albums. Nice, simple and elegant for a tall lady. It also blends well with the outside (the closet) world and won't draw too much attention but as many have said in this thread sometimes you want to draw attention, wear it well and with confidence!

Enjoy yourself :clap:

bron
02-13-2010, 01:23 AM
i think tall cd's look great...i am just under 6ft without heels and about 6.2 with heels...that's tall for me...and i love it. I couldn't care less what others think about me if i stick out in a crowd. Way too old to care any more about other peoples opinions of me.

BWOemerger
02-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Sometimes I think being tall is an advantage because people just expect taller people to be more masculine. I think this is one of the reasons when we see a tall femine women it sticks out so much and is so beautiful. I am
6'4" in socks and went out and wasn't read until I was talking to the SO. I could see her face as she put it together after a couple of words it was actually quite encouraging that she didn't just notice me.

Just my 2 cents

BWOemerger

danacd96
02-13-2010, 02:24 AM
I am also tall and have experienced over the years that in small town USA I may be looked upon as exotic. In San Francisco you don't get a second look with the exception of an occasional complement. By the way you look great!!

Hope
02-13-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm 6'2" and while I have been very aware of it at times - there are plenty of girls taller than me. I have dated some of them... And this always makes me feel better:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/604-160.shtml

flic
02-13-2010, 04:00 AM
It seems a bit odd really,,a lot of tall girls are paranoid about their height (me included!),,but all the friends ive asked about this are totally jealous and wish they were tall too. Don't worry about the grass being greener, and don't worry about a little attention due to your height, people probably aren't scrutinizing you, just succumbing to the green eyed monster. One of the joys of humanity is that we're all such different shapes and sizes, just try and keep your head up and be proud of who you are,,because there is no too tall i don't think.
x flic x 6"1

Bunny Girl Zoe
02-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Well i'm just over 6'2 bare foot so be taller with high heels. but like many have said there are tall woman out there.

Jenniferpl
02-13-2010, 06:28 AM
I am 6'3" and love the way my legs look in heels and what is does to my butt. Stand tall and be proud of who are are. If you got it, show it off with pride, girl.

Hermione Simpson
02-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Surely height shouldn't be a issue, although i think i'm average at 5 foot 7, I know gg's who are 6 foot plus, & it hasn't been a problem for them, so for all the members here in that height bracket, I say, stand tall & be proud of who you are

diane51
02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi Jessica, I too get a little self-conscious about my height. Being 6' 1" seems
A little too tall. However, a quick look around and I soon realize there are plenty of GGs that fit that catagory also. I think one of our biggest "give aways" is our shoulder and arm size. I'm always striving to minimize their large appearance, something I find to be a challenge. Although mine are not huge they still stand out as manly and I do what I can to reduce their bulk.

Byanca
02-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm self consious at 6,1. And this is in scandinavia, so lots of tall women. I suspect it's most in my head. But I do love heels, so I won't compromize to much with this.

tamarav
02-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh honey, you are gorgeous regardless of your height. I find that a lot of taller CDs seem to focus on their height, as if they and the rest of us need something to focus on negatively.

Reminds me of the librarian on the UC Santa Barbara campus when I was in school. She was 6-5 and wore 5 inch heels everywhere. She was single and had more male attention than you could imagine. She did end up going out rather steadily with some non-professor type that was 5 ft 6. They made an awesome couple.

I can still remember her stolling across the campus in those heels...

Wear whatever you want, don't look like a victim, and hold your head high. Have fun.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Being a tall gurl, i have often wondered if i'm too tall for my own good while dressed femme? I'm 6'2 without heels, and when i go out, i feel like my height may be a disadvantage at times. Usually when i cam with people and share pics, i get positive feedback on my appearance and shape. However, on a few instances recently, when i've met up with new partners for the first time, i've noticed they may feel a little uncomfortable with me being taller than them. Because of that, i get paranoid, thus becoming uncomfortable with my height. I do draw a lot of attention when i go out shopping, and i understand that, i just want to be more passable. Any suggestions ladies? Thanks for any and all feedback :)

I live full time as a woman, and I am 6'2" without heels...i have seen very few women taller than me, but I have seen them...

No one has ever negatively commented to me..

Older women that comment tend to gawk and say you are sooo tall and smile at me...

Women in supermarkets ask me to get things for them

Men ask me how tall i am...i say i'll never tell, then they guess, then i say i'll never tell, then they was I close? etcetc...they are just trying to talk to me...

At dunkin donuts yesterday a young girl just burst out...WOW..you sure are tall!! I said "gee thanks"...and she kinda smiled and then said....you should be a model...

all you tall girls....its ok, it really is..
it's much more important to embrace your height, wear clothes that allow your height to shine, and carry yourself with some elegance which shows through in most of the tall women i see

Char2233
02-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Honey you really hit a chord with all us taller girls ... at 6' myself I have to agree that it's all about confidence ...besides I my life I've met more people that were self conscious about being too short. enjoy your height -it's a gift.

Madilyn A.
02-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm 6'3", and love my 4" heels........Madilyn

BethLacy
02-13-2010, 11:05 AM
What an awesome thread. Testify my lanky sisters!
-Beth 6'2"

Byanca
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
But really. Are we using the right tape meassure? I swear, womens shoes at 9 is much bigger then mens shoes at 9.

Genifer Teal
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
7 Foot. I think that would be too tall. That is serious "duck though doorways" territory. I wouldn't want to be that tall.

Gen

sherri52
02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Jessica: Just be yourself while your out. Wear the appropriate clothing for what you are doing and where your going. You are taller than the average girl but if you act like one it won't be as noticable as you think. If you act unnaturally people will pick up on it thereby drawing attention that is not wanted. Just act naturally.

Nicole Brown
02-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi Jessica,

I also tended to think that I was tall for a woman at 6' especially when you add my 4' heels, but last year I had an experience that taught me a valuable lesson. I was at the Philadelphia Flower Show, feeling that I was drawing a bit of attention because of my height, until I turned a corner and literally walked in to a couple.

These were two of the most beautiful people I have ever seen and also two of the tallest people I have ever seen. At 6'4" I felt dwarfed next to this couple and even felt short as a woman for the first time. I couldn't help myself and told them what a beautiful couple they made. They appreciated my complement and we began talking and even took a few minutes to have a cup of coffee together.

Inga, one of the most beautiful Scandinavian ladies I have ever seen, told me that she was 6'3" without her 4" heels. Her husband Stan measured in at 6'9" with the looks of a roman god. Ever since that day I haven't felt quite as tall as i previously thought I was.

Nicole

Angelofsomekind
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm 6' and never go out dressed without at least 4" heels, I prefer to be taller, I can see over the crowd in the clubs.

Amanda Katharine
02-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm 6'3" and combine that with weighing nearly 400 lbs, shopping is very tough for me. I've never found a really good pair of heels or even flats due to the fact I wear size 16 wide women's shoes(my normal drab shoes are sized 14 to 15.)

danista
02-13-2010, 01:56 PM
i'm too everthing , 5'9" 265# buit like a stee hualer truck driver. oh wait aminute, i was one. just retired from it. my new job, being femine. boy that"be a full time job.

DemonicDaughter
02-13-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm a GG and love being tall! I purposely wear platforms to be over 6' tall. :)

Here's some links that might help you not worry about your height so much:

http://www.lonympics.co.uk/womennsupermodelsheights.htm
http://www.tallwomen.org/famous/
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80829445/

Starfire Jade
02-13-2010, 02:23 PM
You don't have anything to really fear. This chick stands at near 7 feet, without heels! And she wears em anyways!

http://www.yourgossipfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/amazon-eve.jpg

Leslie Langford
02-13-2010, 06:33 PM
...are in very good company, as the Tall Women website found via the attached link will attest to:

http://www.tallwomen.org/famous/

Stand tall and proud, and as other posters here have said, when you're out and about, don't be self-conscious about your height but rather glory in it and walk into a room as if you owned the place. It's no coincidence that most Supermodels are 5' 10" or taller since fashionable women's clothes just look so much better when draped over a longer frame :love:.

Fab Karen
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm 6'2 in bare feet also. Walk proud, and remember, if they're staring obviously they're in love.

Karren H
02-13-2010, 07:53 PM
The rule book says that anyone over 9 foot 3" shouldn't crossdress so your good to go!! :)

Anita Lynn
02-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Karen, where do you come up with these things?:lol:
5'10" here, guess I'm not so tall. I wouldnt worry so about passing if I weren't built like a hockey player (ok, so a retired one who got lazy!:heehee:)

Melissa Ann

Karren H
02-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Karen, where do you come up with these things?:lol:
5'10" here, guess I'm not so tall. I wouldnt worry so about passing if I weren't built like a hockey player (ok, so a retired one who got lazy!:heehee:)

Melissa Ann

Wait... I'm a hockey player... (5' 9"). Have a game tonght at 11pm. Bought pin hockey tape! Doesn't make me play any better buit I do look cuter! :).

AmandaM
02-13-2010, 10:25 PM
We all have things we don't like. I think I have Fred Flintstone feet, so I don't wear sandals when crossdressed. I think you tall gals can work with it.

Faith_G
02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I think perspective has a lot to do with it. I never felt that my height was exceptional, I am 6 feet even. Two of my sisters are only 2 inches shorter than me, and my dad and brother are half a head taller than I am. So for my family I am kind of middling.

I've haven't found my height to be a real giveaway when I am out and about. Like Kaitlyn said, I try to carry myself with a little bit of grace rather than lumbering about. I find that when I am read it is usually my voice that has torn the veil of illusion... :doh:

Bowmanls2
02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I am 6-1. Just enjoy those long legs. Others will. You look great!

Frédérique
02-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Being a tall gurl, i have often wondered if i'm too tall for my own good while dressed femme? I'm 6'2 without heels, and when i go out, i feel like my height may be a disadvantage at times. Because of that, i get paranoid, thus becoming uncomfortable with my height. I do draw a lot of attention when i go out shopping, and i understand that, i just want to be more passable. Any suggestions ladies? Thanks for any and all feedback

I know a young woman who is 6’2” without heels, and she is exceptionally beautiful, using her statuesque height to great advantage. She looks like a model, and she’s taller than I am, so I’ve been “looking up” to her for years, in more ways than one. Once, when she went to Home Depot with her mother, all male eyes were on our tall, attractive heroine, quite amusingly so. It took time for her to get used to this difference in height, but she flourishes to this day – she married a tall guy, and I assume her new daughter will be tall as well…:)

I say use your height and be comfortable with it – you’ll find others who will admire what you have. You’ll find a way to do it, probably by not doing anything at all. If women can do it, it must be possible for us to do it as well. You just need to find your own “level” of comfort...:battingeyelashes:

Kendra (Tx)
02-14-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm 5' 15" in my stocking feet...:heehee:...And the only "flats" in the house belong to my "ugly twin brother"....I always tell anyone who asks advise on about being "too tall"...I tell them just to "be proud, Stand tall, and be confident in who you are..Confidence is 95% of passing"..And the it helps that the fact that in Texas, 6'+ GG's are as common as potholes on highways here....:D...

http://kendra954.com

JaytoJillian
02-14-2010, 06:04 AM
I am 6-1. Just enjoy those long legs. Others will. You look great!

:iagree: 6-1 and some change here, and I love wearing heels!

Samantha_Smile
02-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Im 6'6" in my stocking feet.
I don't go outside, not because I don't think I can pass, but because I know I can't pass.
It's all very well and good of you ladies to offer support and say "I'm 6'5" and I always wear 5" heels out".
But the question is how tall is too tall.
The answer is, anything more than 15% (give or take...) taller than average female height (anything above 6 feet).

I do not say this to be mean, but you're really asking
How tall is too tall to pass easily?
Men no-longer get a second look if theyre above 6 foot, but if I saw a girl in heels who was at my eye level in guy mode, she wouldn't get a second or even third look, she would get just ONE look......

That lasts the entire time she is within visible range :D

Im sorry, if youre a tall gal and you enjoy going out in heels and you don't mind getting stared at, or even like it, then more power to you! You are doing what you enjoy, and you deserve a hearty hug.
But if youre like me, and you hate to be center stage unless you're acting the clown (I enjoy making fun of myself) then I'd steer clear of being any more than 6 foot when outdoors.

You will draw stares, you will get read.
You may be very feminine looking and even passable at 5'11", but if people are looking closer because youre tall, then you better be comfy with being read too.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you have to think bigger than a computer screen when stepping outdoors.
Don't mean to offend, that's just my :2c:

Abbyru1
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I've found being tall really is an advantage most of the time. Things on shelves at the top of the stack are very easy to reach as well as making great hiding places. Undoubtly,
as most tall girls realize , "tall " clothing is a little harder to find. But, I'm ok being tall.

Nicole Brown
02-14-2010, 07:26 PM
So, I just got home from a day in NYC. I went in to see the Broadway revival of the show Hair. Since is was cold today, I decided to wear a pair of black boots with a 3" heel, this makes me stand between 6'2" and 6'3". At the intermission I needed to use the ladies room and while standing in line I noticed a couple of younger ladies who were taller than me.

I may be mistaken, and these two ladies may be our sisters, but I don't believe so. Anyway, two truly beautiful ladies who had to stand 6'5" each. Really made me feel good not being the tallest lady at the show.

Byanca
02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
If one is into guys it's also more difficult to to find a big man, since they also prefer their girls to be shorter for the most part. But if you find a taller guy these other things are more like irritations that will melt away, since this will protect you for the most part is my suspicion. This will also make you feel normal where it matters for most.

But I'm not sure, TG is different then the regular people, so maybe the same rules don't apply.

Felicity O
02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
For me the most annoying part is my feet. I wear size 14, so male shoes are hard enough for me to find, much less women's shoes. I have to take what I can get. I'm sure plenty of you have had that problem, too. And I'm only 5'11!

Janet Bern
02-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I am 6'3 and go out occasionally. I wear flats when shopping so I keep my height as short as possible. However I usually never get noticed and have found that noone is really interested in me. So feel good if you are dressed well and wear the clothing that blends and not attracts attention you will be accepted as one of the girls.
Janet

Moe GG
02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
There's no such thing as "too tall", put your heels on and hold your head up high.

kimdl93
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Echoing comments above, I don't think height is an issue. I thought I was tall at 6'2"+ but there are many much taller girls here. Even the SA I buy a lot of my things from is as tall or taller than me, so why worry!

Phyliss Hdson
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi Jesica,
At 6' 3" in flats, which I seldomm wear. When I go out I am ussually in 3-4 inch heels. Yes people notice me and yes some figure it out, but even the ones that do treat me like what the see, A Woman.
Passing is such a terrible term, I hate it. When I am out I PRESENT the image of a woman, in my manorisms and by dressing age and situation appropriate.
Most of us dont truely Pass. But if you PRESENT the image the majority of people are willing to beleive what the see.
Have fun

Hugs Phyliss

Jennifer Lynndon
02-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Phyliss ... that's so very-well stated! Oh My ... I'm going to copy your comment and keep it for those times when I need a little boost to focus on what is really important!

Thanks Doll!

Hi Jesica,
At 6' 3" in flats, which I seldomm wear. When I go out I am ussually in 3-4 inch heels. Yes people notice me and yes some figure it out, but even the ones that do treat me like what the see, A Woman.
Passing is such a terrible term, I hate it. When I am out I PRESENT the image of a woman, in my manorisms and by dressing age and situation appropriate.
Most of us dont truely Pass. But if you PRESENT the image the majority of people are willing to beleive what the see.
Have fun

Hugs Phyliss

JessicaMiller
02-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Phyliss hit the nail on the head! Thanks so much everyone for all the feedback. I went out this evening in 4-inch heels, and i felt powerful, and confident :) Look out world!

I ran into a group of college age girls in a store this evening, we were browsing in the same section for a little while, and they didn't change their behavior around me, just acted like another girl was next to them shopping. That's all i really ever wanted.

eileendover
02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
... Yes people notice me and yes some figure it out, but even the ones that do treat me like what the see, A Woman.

Phyliss, I think this is an excellent explanation. It reminded me very much of some of the principles used by sleight-of-hand magicians (from Wikipedia):

The guiding principle of sleight-of-hand ... is "be natural." A well-performed sleight looks like an ordinary, natural and completely innocent gesture, change in hand position or body posture.

In addition to manual dexterity, sleight of hand depends on the use of psychology ... and natural choreography in accomplishing a magical effect.... A phrase often used is "A larger action covers a smaller action." But care must be used to not make the larger action so big that it becomes suspicious.

my :2c:

Shayna Ashley
02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey I know a GG who is about 6'2. I am 6' and I stand out because of my height. I think it is all attitude that will get you by.

Alice Torn
02-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Smile, the truth often hurts, and what you said is much true. I ALWAYS notice very tall women, ans stare! So, we will be noticed before anyone else, and people do stare! The thing that is so hard for us, is too go out, and not let it bother us. I am shy, nervous, even in male mode. I have not gotten the courage, to go out more than once a year. Felicia, you hit it right about big feet! I wear 14 extra wide mens! I have had to buy womens 15, to 16. Not to many ladies out there, in size 16! My hands are huge, too, will always give me away! Yet, I still would like to go out in public again...someday.