PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a great experience

Jill
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Last night I attended a local Tri-ess meeting. We don't have an official chapter here but we had a small gathering last night in Salt Lake City.

Before the meeting, I went to a friends place who was also going to the meeting. She is on here under Utah beauty and goes by Megan. I changed into a cream sweater dress and cream pumps. I had gotten a new wig in the mail that day and decided to give it a go. We went out the back door and climbed into her truck. Now that the days are longer, there was still plenty of daylight and I was sitting in a cab of a truck fully dressed in daylight. This was a new experience for me, I had never really been "out" during the daylight. We drove on the freeway during rush hour. Though I didn't really want to draw any attention to myself, I didn't really feel like I cared much either.

We had 7 CDers and one SO, the meeting was great. Everyone was friendly and nice and it was great to be around like minded people. I'm really grateful to make new friends and find a place of acceptance.

After the meeting, Megan and I rode back to her place, I was still dressed. When we got there, her place was empty and we sat and talked. I had one eye on the window in case her room mate came home. After talking for awhile, a pair of headlights appeared and I had to duck out the back door and go around the house to my car. I drove home dressed and stopped on the side of the freeway to do a real quick change job and made my way home.

This morning, I feel great. I loved going out, I loved feeling comfortable with myself and what I do. Finding acceptance and not caring who saw me during the trip up and back was immensely gratifying. Though I'm still young, I wish I had started doing this years ago, I can't wait to go out again. In a way, it was very therapeutic. The shame and guilt I've experienced over the years has been tough but it was really great do my thing and really not care what others thought.

I had a great experience, thanks to everyone that came and I met! See you next month!

DiannaRose
02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Wow, great story, Jill! Congratulations, and here's to many more such times! :)

sissystephanie
02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Congratulations, Jill, on your trip "out." I hope we get to hear a lot more of things like that from you! You may be young, but you obviously have a good mind and know how to use it! Keep on doing!!:)

sherri52
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Great story Jill. Someday you may be able to do all that without sneaking around. Until then congrats to you:balloons::balloons:

Sarah Doepner
02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Jill,
You had every reason to feel good about your look. I didn't tell you how much I liked your dress and the new wig. You rocked!

I also really like the meetings and it is great to be able to do what we do here, but face to face. The acceptance, support and variety of experience that we encounter makes the world a much better place. And yes, the trip to the meeting dressed will get to be much more interesting as the seasons move along! Maybe one of these days I'll do the same, but I still have the mother-in-law living at the end of the driveway. Fortunately she is in bed by the time I'm coming home from the meeting.

Jill
02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Jill,
You had every reason to feel good about your look. I didn't tell you how much I liked your dress and the new wig. You rocked!

I also really like the meetings and it is great to be able to do what we do here, but face to face. The acceptance, support and variety of experience that we encounter makes the world a much better place. And yes, the trip to the meeting dressed will get to be much more interesting as the seasons move along! Maybe one of these days I'll do the same, but I still have the mother-in-law living at the end of the driveway. Fortunately she is in bed by the time I'm coming home from the meeting.

Hey thanks Sarah, I'm glad you liked the dress, I had a great time wearing it, I think it's so cute.

It's been great meeting and talking with you there. It really was a great experience and I have absolutely no regrets about it, it feels fantastic!

PretzelGirl
02-13-2010, 04:07 PM
You did look great in that dress. But we can't forget those shoes too. Those were great!

And the thing is, doing something like just riding to the meeting will help steady the nerves for the next bigger thing whether that is stopping for gas, shopping, going to the movies, or whatever. Progression is a great thing. See you next month! :hugs:

JustWendy
02-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Jill - I love reading these stories. Congratulations on taking that big step and having the night of your life. It must have been fun getting to meet some more of the girls here on the site. If you have a picture of the dress and shoes I hope you'll post it. I'm so happy for you!!!

Wendy

Christina Horton
02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Well this was you first day light outing how cool is that. Hay I am going to have another first tonight. I have a date the first on in 8 years and I will be dressed as Christina. I have been going out dressed for years now and I no longer get nervous but I am today. You see we have not met in person just on the phone. So I can see/feel what you go through when your out in the day time. I never had a hard time with that myself.

I hope you won't let the day time scare you any more. Just be yourself hun and have fun.

I look forward to you next outing post!!!!! With bells on :heehee:

Bobbie Bee
02-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Sounds to me like you really enjoyed the outting. One day I hope to do the same with a friend. I went out alone for a short night drive twice, got out in some secluded locations and then went home. It was a thrill both times, but I want more opportunities and would enjoy the company of a friend too. I am envious of your experience.