PDA

View Full Version : Are you more likely/less likely to dress up when feeling stressed or anxious?

heathr1
08-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Me, more!

Wendy me
08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
oh yes dress whenever you can it's always a good thing.....how could you feel bad when your all dressed up?????

LaceLuvr
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
always because usually if i'm feeling down just being my self helps in a big way and that's who i am

Tristen Cox
08-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm more likely to get drunk I tell ya that much :D

SKINNYGIRL
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm more likely to dress when stressed, it makes me feel so much better. Oh yeah, Tristen, I'll travel south so we can both get drunk, ok?

eleventhdr
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
It does seem to help to be who you are suppose to be at least most of the time it does. Oh well go figure. Strange how that does seem to work out. I guess if you are at least a girl inside it can manifest itself somehow by dressing outside. Suzy!.

Rainbow6562005
08-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Certainly more likely now that I've acknowledged being a CD. When I feel unloved or unappreciated, sometimes, just putting on my red stiletto pumps lifts my spirits instantly.

Rainbow

DanaJ
08-09-2005, 02:45 PM
heathr, you must be feeling pretty good these last few months then :)

DanaJ

BonnieJG
08-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Yes I't help me unstress.

kysmet
08-09-2005, 03:13 PM
More than likely. Depends on how stressed the roomie is and what kind of guests she has. But most times, yes.

Oh, and party at Tristen's. :D

Ericka Jean

Rachael Warren
08-09-2005, 03:47 PM

I'm with you girl, although I would dress up as well!

Rachael. :D

Phoebe Reece
08-09-2005, 04:49 PM
I am one of the few that dress less when stressed. When I am stressed, I guess that primal masculine to fight or run instinct kicks in and I am too busy dealing with some situation to think about dressing.

Actually, my life is fairly stress free these days, so decisions to dress or not are almost always based on other factors.

Tiffy
08-09-2005, 06:09 PM
I dress as soon as I can when I get stressed out. But, living on one hunk of land with three homes and my mom in one and my granny in the other, I am always stressed. I guess that is why I dress everyday.

Kisses, April

jo_ann
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
I have 3 reasons to dress:
1. Just wanna
2. Stressed out
3. H0rny

3 being strongest, 1 being weakest.. I have to be pretty stressed out to want an escape from my life, and to dress for the heck of it (and dealing with someone seeing me when I take the dogs out to potty in the backyard) is a very rare occasion.

Carlacd
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Almost always dress when stressed out. It is very relaxing and a nice way to unwind from a bad day at work.
Even better when it's rainy and cool, some nice lingerie under some nice PJ's sure feels good :D

Tedi
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Stress is bad, Dress is good! I'm only stressed when I can't get dressed. Anxious??.. Only to slip into something more comfortable.

Brittney M
08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I dress more when stessed. So I guess I dress a lot more these days and I am more happy with my life.

michelle19845
08-09-2005, 11:33 PM
i have been more likely to dress in stressed timeswhen things get way too stressful i'm ready to see what going to a nightclub with other crossdressers would be like so i can be more open about it.i feel less stressed when i dress in full to be passable as a woman.is anyone from around northwest indiana?

michelle

Clare
08-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Most definately!

XDR'ing is what pops into my mind when stressed out. I find it a source of pleasure that relaxes me.

Crossdressing is the best therapy! If only pyschologists knew of it, there'd be less chemicals out there!

Christine

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-10-2005, 12:46 AM
When I get stressed I just want to lie down and not move. :|

Bobbie Lee
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
I am more likely. but it never fails I have less opertunity at those times. Story of my life.

joni-alice
08-10-2005, 01:01 AM
it comforts me

girlintouch
08-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I am more likely to when things are stressed.

brandi
08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
My wife always can tell when I am stressed out because I want to dress more and at those times, I really don't care who knows. Thank god she helps keep me in check and reminds me that the kids don't know yet and we aren't ready to tell them.

Brandi :love:

emmicd
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Crossdressing allows me to wear clothes I consider to be my security blanket!

Emmi

Tiffanygirl
08-11-2005, 12:19 AM
when I'm anxious mostly but sometimes when I'm stressed.

Michellefcd
08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Absolutely, the more stress the more I want to dress. My wife says that when I am under a lot of stress I act even more feminine. I find that getting dressed creates and alter ego that does not have to deal with all the crap – Work, money and kids. Just feel pretty and no worries!

There is nothing better than feeling soft silky panties under your pants at work to help you though those stressful days.

Deborah
08-12-2005, 09:50 PM
I do it when i have the time and energy. Usually more not then often.

carson
08-12-2005, 10:00 PM

I definately find myself dressing more when I'm stressed or anxious. Dressing really helps relax me and calm me down.

So...ahhh...Tristen, darlin'. :whistle: If you get drunk and I get dressed...maybe we could go on a date? heh, heh, heh. :rolleyes:

(And if you come back with, "I couldn't possibly get that drunk." I'm gonna slap ya! :D

Tristen Cox
08-12-2005, 10:05 PM
:shh:

JIM
08-14-2005, 05:29 PM
When I get stressed out I dress-up alot more often. It helps but it would be nicer if I had some one who supported me.

darcyann
08-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I am more likely to dress when stressed. Depends on what the stress is also and the situation. I don't drink so can't do that, so I say most of time I am more likely to dress.

Love

Darcy Ann

Debbie Kong
08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Yes! I am more likely to dress while stressed. It is during the most demanding times of my work that I think of how I'd prefer to be in an English country garden wearing spectator pumps with cocktail in hand.

Seriously, the more stressful my shift the more I feel the need to dress.

Debbie

Rossie
08-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Now I dress up because I want to express my femme, and this is a new level for me

Sharon
08-15-2005, 08:35 AM
I used to dress when feeling stressed (sounds like a song title :) ). In fact, my wife would occasionally advice me to put something on when she saw that I was having a particularly bad day. But nowadays, my emotional state has nothing to do with it as I dress at every opportunity.

ChristineRenee
08-15-2005, 08:44 AM
I used to...particularly during my younger days as a CD. Since I have been married I don't do it as frequently but have found that when I do it is very emotionally satisfying. While I always know that I am Chrissie inside...I must admit that it does feel so good to be able to externalize her from time to time. I look forward now to sharing that good feeling with the general public on occasion very soon now.;) :)

PattiL
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Much more likely as long as conditions permit - I'm on the road or the family isn't home. It really helps to clear my mind for some reason.

Julie York
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I am one of the few that dress less when stressed. When I am stressed, I guess that primal masculine to fight or run instinct kicks in and I am too busy dealing with some situation to think about dressing.

Actually, my life is fairly stress free these days, so decisions to dress or not are almost always based on other factors.

Looks like it is just me and you then?

Dressing makes me feel vulnerable because it is such a private personal thing. And 'vulnerable' is the last thing you want to feel when you are stressed. So if I am stressed or angry it just switches off.

Joanne08
08-15-2005, 05:11 PM
I dress to be come unstressed, yes of course. I pretty much agree with you Emmi sometimes the clothes and the auora they bring is a big warm comfortable security blanket.

April
08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I am one of the few that dress less when stressed. When I am stressed, I guess that primal masculine to fight or run instinct kicks in and I am too busy dealing with some situation to think about dressing

My dressing patterns seem to remain about the same when I'm under what I would call normal everyday stressors. However, if the stress is caused by something major going on in my life I'm inclined to dress less. Perhaps, like with Phoebe, my primal masculine fight or run instinct kicks in :confused: Thanks Phoebe, you have given me some food for thought.

Abby
08-15-2005, 07:16 PM
When I become up tight or mentally frazzled, I'll choose a comfortable outfit, sexy undergarments, hose, heels, and full make up. When this is complete nothing can bother me !!

Abby