PDA

View Full Version : Trussed and trapped!

ReneeT
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Talk about panic! In preparation for a recent GNO in Nashville, I was putting on my corset. Lacing by ones self can be a little tricky, but if you put the ends of the laces over a door knob, it really helps. So, there I was, in the Embassy Suites, with the laces over the knob of the inside of the bedroom door, with me in the living room. I got laced up nice and tight and was ready to tie the laces. The bedroom door had closed (with the ends of the laces on the other side) and when I went to open the door, it was locked! Crap!! Panic!!! What to do??? The sweat was beading up on my forehead and my pulse was in the stratosphere! The lock had a little slot to open with a screwdriver, but the laces weren’t long enough to let me go anywhere!! After much struggling I was able to reach my car keys on the desk and jimmy the lock with them! Whew! That was close!!

Staci G
02-14-2010, 06:35 PM
:lol: Thats too funny. I haven't had the pleasure of that one yet but then again I dont have a corset YET! I do intend to get one though. I'll remember that little trick without the breaking and entering routine. :heehee:

kaitlin
02-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey Girl, That is priceless!!!:heehee: I'm very into bondage but at least I know it's coming! I can just see the look on the house keepers face the next day!:eek:

Jennifer Lynndon
02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Hey Girl, That is priceless!!!:heehee: I'm very into bondage but at least I know it's coming! I can just see the look on the house keepers face the next day!:eek:

Very well-said. That story is great!

Karren H
02-14-2010, 09:06 PM
McGiver would have been so proud!!

Helen_Highwater
02-14-2010, 09:23 PM
One tip I can recommend to corset wearers is a better way to tie off the laces. Most I suspect use the same knot we all learned as kids when tying our shoes.
Look up on the interweb a surgeons knot. It starts the same;left over right but does this several times. I've found 4 or 5 works best. Then pull tight. Just the fiction holds the lacing in position. Then take the ends and go right over left several times and pull tight. Then tuck the ends away. Stays in place much better and doesn't create a lump.

Hope this helps

Fab Karen
02-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Next time just call the concierge for someone to lace them for you :)

ReneeT
02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Next time just call the concierge for someone to lace them for you

Karen, that's a great idea! I can really see how "full-service" the hotel really is!

Andy66
02-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Karen, that's a great idea! I can really see how "full-service" the hotel really is!
Actually I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure they see much, much stranger things than that.

You're too cute! Who knew crossdressing was so dangerous? :heehee:

Samantha_Smile
02-15-2010, 08:30 AM
ROFL!:lol2:

But I have just one question...

Why didnt you just have the lace over the knob with the door open, pointing at your back? (Ie, if you turned to face the door, you would be looking at the door's profile).

Nevermind eh...

*Chuckle*

Teri Jean
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Renee and ladies, hindsight is 20-20. It still rates a ROTF moment, thanks for sharing a very ackward moment.

Teri

ReneeT
02-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Believe me, I check the door locks now!!!

kimdl93
02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow, that was quite an dilemma. Housekeeping would have had quite a surprise, had your keys been out of reach!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-15-2010, 12:50 PM
"Madam, underneath this pillow lies the key to my release"

Tamara Croft
02-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Watch this video... you won't need door knobs ;)

KlLnO5fuKEo

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
It's hard to see in the video, what's she doing in that first step that makes it so easy for her? I don't get how she got those loops?

meri
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Why, all you would need do is call the fire dept! Can you imagine all those guys breaking into the room carrying their fire axes. They might have left you hanging there for a little while before cutting you loose!

Tamara Croft
02-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Ryan, she's pulled the lace from the top into the middle, so there is nothing at the top, so instead of having the dangly bits at the top you tie up, she's put them in the middle instead.

Blaire
02-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Should be cinched in the middle anyway, regardless of ease. Still the best cinching is always a 2 person job.

ReneeT
02-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Watch this video... you won't need door knobs

Thanks, Tamara! Damn, she is good at lacing! Judging by her dimensions, she has been doing it for a while.

I think I am destined to use doorknobs, though, as her technique requires two hands ( I am one hand shy of that). Actually, I can get it nicely cinched in about 5 minutes, as long as the door doesn't lock on me!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Ryan, she's pulled the lace from the top into the middle, so there is nothing at the top, so instead of having the dangly bits at the top you tie up, she's put them in the middle instead.

That's how my corset is, and actually how it came pre-laced from Frederick's of Hollywood when I got it, but she has it laced through somehow so that the dangly bits are sort of a loop of string that she can just quickly put her hands through and grab and pull tight. I have the strings on mine in the middle too, but they're the loose ends of the thread and I have to be careful when pulling the corset on because they can get unlaced from the holes easily. I'd just like to see how she laced it up to begin with, like before the video started, cause at the beginning she already has that part done.

SuzanneBender
02-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey girl don't let them talk you out of door knobs. One small step for Renee one giant leap towards a 24" waist. :heehee:

I am a doorknob girl to and have actually pulled the knob off a bathroom door in a hotel thus locking myself in the bathroom. Luckily the cell phone was on the sink, but I had the opportunity to meet a maintenance man when I wasn't really properly dressed to meet him!

Aren't corsets great!

ReneeT
02-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey girl don't let them talk you out of door knobs. One small step for Renee one giant leap towards a 24" waist

Only 8 inches to go! Actually, I am already down from 37" without to 32" with my corset. I do love the feeling! Yes, I do believe I am a door knob girl!

I love your story! What an adventure! The things we go thru in the name of beauty!

Tamara Croft
02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Aww, sorry to hear that Renee :bh:

Ryan, the dangly bits will still be at the top of the corset, she's probably tied them so they don't come out the holes. In the middle, they are just looped, like if you get laces on your shoes and pull them in the middle... then she ties it in the middle in a bow... no dangly bits ;) I'll see if I can find a better video.

What about making something to hook the laces, like a bent coat hanger lol :bs: you know, like when you need to pull up a zipper at the back of a dress??

<edit> Just found this, step by step of how to do the loop thing in the video I posted earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrstedplank

sherri52
02-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I haven't tried the doorknob trick, maybe I won't.:heehee::hugs:

ReneeT
02-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Provided I keep the door unlocked, I can lace up using the door knob in about 5 minutes - I just need the check that door!

Vieja
02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
What a priceless tale of woe. If it happened to me I don't know if I would tell anyone.

Vieja

Alice B
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
That is priceless.

ReneeT
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
If it happened to me I don't know if I would tell anyone.

I can think of no better group to share this with than all my girlfriends here - who else could appreciate it?:)

JustWendy
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I can think of no better group to share this with than all my girlfriends here - who else could appreciate it?:)

So true, Renee. We can all relate to the anxious moments you felt before reaching your keys and are happy to laugh with you at the happy ending. What better group?

Wendy

Stacye Rose
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
one time I was getting dressed to go out in a hotel room. One of the other girls helprd mr lace up (lace in?) when we finished she looped the extra lacing around me and tied it off behind my back. Long story short, I found myself alone when the time came get undressed. I spent 2 & 1/2 hours getting out of that thing. I still have no idea how I got that knor untied Thank the Goddess for strong acyrlic nails

docrobbysherry
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Have u ever wondered about corsets? How they fit, work, and how u can tite lace one up by yourself? Here’s a post that may help u! :thumbsup:

I’m NOT presenting myself as an expert on corsets. However, I have been wearing tite laced corsets almost every time I’ve dressed in the last 10+ years. Even when I’m wearing looser outfits, or my female suit! Why do I wear corsets? I love the way they feel. As for looks, I believe a pic is worth a thousand words.:heehee:

Let’s define what a corset is. Webster says it‘s: “A tite, boned undergarment. Reaching from the bust, to below the hips. --------to support and mold the body”.
I think of a corset as something used for the, ”dramatic re-shaping of one’s body.” Anything with plastic boning, zippers, or hook and eye closures, I consider to be bustiers or basques. :brolleyes:
U can use those to take only an inch or two off your waist. I prefer to reduce my waist 3” to 6”, and my rib cage by 1” to 2”+. Only a steel stay corset will do that!:)

The first picture is my corsets. The small black ribbon corset, ( the only one with no bones), and the red and white ones, r all Vollers brand. VERY well made. The silver one is my first, from Versatile Fashions. I got it from their “seconds” rack about 10 years ago. It’s well made, but fits me oddly because of the breast cutouts. The purple one is from Skin Two, and the pink one is my brand new one from Glamour Boutique. Please notice how bent up the red and silver corsets r. But, not the long white one. The shorter the corset, the more dramatic reduction at your waist! The longer the corset, the smoother, and more gradual your body lines look! If a long one is titened all the way, u get less waist reduction, but may get MORE stress on your ribs and hips, than with a short, waist cincher corset.
The pink corset WILL look like the other two bent ones, after I break it in. Corsets with steel stays, eventually form to fit only u! U can decide to wear it higher, or lower, when it’s new!
I put 12" rulers next to them, (30 cm). So u can judge their height.
The next picture is of:
Teddies top rite and left. ( No zippers or hooks, but have some boning).
A basque top center, bra with stays on the lower left, and corselette(?) on the lower rite. All have hook and eye closures in back.
In lower middle is a FOH “corset“. (What I call a bustier.) With plastic boning , front hook and eye closure, and laces in the back. NOT for tite lacing!:eek:

More corsets tips, after the lacing tutorial!

Pull the center loops gradually around in front of u.

Then, reverse the direction of the laces behind your back. (Change hands). Pull one pair thru the center of the other.

Bring them around front again. Attach both loops to the same bungy hook in front of u. Be SURE not to twist them!

This how how I lace mine up. The corset I’m using is the brand new pink one. It looks ok, but hasn’t been tested yet. The purple corset, from Skin Two, looked good when I got it, too. But, began coming apart by the 3rd time I wore it! It’s useless now. I can only get about 3” of waist reduction the first time I wear a new corset. After it’s broken in and fits me, I’ll be able to reduce my waist down 6”, should I choose to!:D

docrobbysherry
03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Pull the single top lace out as far as u can. Be SURE all the laces r taught! No loose ones, or you'll get them messed up!

After that top lace is pulled out very tite, hold it with your off hand. ( Left, if you're rite handed, etc.)

Grab the top pair of laces with your good hand. U must get the correct pair!

Gradually pull out the pair, while releasing the top lace with your other hand.

Pull the pair out as far as u can. Then, hold them with your off hand.

docrobbysherry
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Holding the first pair with one hand, grab the next pair down with your other hand.

Keep going down gradually, one pair at a time, until u reach the middle loops.

Pull the slack around front, and back up, to take it in.
Now, start at the bottom. And do exactly as u did at the top, only in reverse. If u want the corset titer, start at the top again and titen it some more. Sometimes I do this 3 times, to get it as tite as possible!

When it's as tite as u want, unhook the front loops from the bungy hook.

Wrap one set of laces around the other in front. Like you're starting to tie your shoelaces. Only a few more times. That keeps the laces from slipping when u tuck them in, or wind them around your waist.

docrobbysherry
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Wrap the laces around your waist again. Wherever they end, tuck them under the top, or bottom of your corset.

I'm tucking them under the bottom edge here. These laces r much too long.

OK, finished!

Front view.

Back, side view.

docrobbysherry
03-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Here I am WITHOUT a corset on.

Now, here's the same outfit WITH the pink corset on under it!

I’ve read about the differences between male and female bodies. Here r my thots on that. Since metal stay corsets mold to your body, it doesn’t matter what gender u r. I believe whether u r long or short waisted, is more important. That should dictate what length corset u buy. I’m short waisted, unfortunately! If u buy a custom corset, u may avoid having to break it in.

If you’re a novice, DON’T try to cinch your waist down more than 2” +/- the first time. Gradually titen it a bit more each time u wear it. With an off the rack corset, u may not be able to reduce your waist over 3” until it bends to fit u properly anyway! You CAN hurt yourself with a corset! Until your organs have adjusted to accommodate your corset, DON’T titen it way down suddenly!

I wear my corsets as undergarments. If u intend to wear yours on the outside, that’s a reason to get a fancy custom. If off the rack corsets won’t fit u, maybe a custom will. Be aware of the vast difference in prices. Off the rack corsets start at about $80. Like my pink one. Customs start closer to $200. And, can go into the $1000s!:brolleyes:

Long corsets, like my white one, go down below my hips. The intent is to smooth out ladies wide hips and behinds! Since I have neither, my long corset simply drops off. Leaving me with square looking hips! So, I must wear hip pads with that one. My short corsets stop above my hips. So, I can choose to wear pads, or not. In these pics, I wore NO HIP OR BUTT PADS! Even with only 3” waist reduction, I think there’s a dramatic difference in my fem figure.:)

Misc. corset tips:

Don’t use a doorknob. The laces can easily slide off. Use a doorknob with a bungy cord tied to it.
I’ve used 6’ boot laces to replace worn out or wimpy corset laces.
U can see the knot in my new corset lace is at the bottom. Sometimes they put it at the top. I PREFER the knot in the CENTER. So it can’t stick on an eye when it‘s tite laced.
I don’t like any clothing, or the built in protection flap on some corsets, under my laces. They tend to tangle up in the lacing. Makes cinching the corset much more difficult!
If u wear your corset showing, instead of twisting them in front, tuck the laces directly under the top or bottom of your corset.
Keep your laces as short as possible. So u can JUST get your corset on. Short, tite fitting laces titen easier. I’ll be cutting these on my pink corset soon.
Adjust your corset left or rite before u titen it fully, so a stay isn’t sitting on the high point of your ribs. My ribs r sore for days if I do that!
Never knot the laces behind your back! You may end up having to cut them off. Or, calling your neighbor for help.:o

docrobbysherry
03-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Thot you'd NEVER ask!:heehee:
Here's pics with the corset showing. Normally, I'd wear it under an outfit. I used a belt to hide the black laces around my waist. I COULD have simply tucked them in on the sides so they couldn't be easily seen.

My video camera cut my head off because I forgot reset it after shooting the close ups. That may suit some of u BETTER anyway!:eek:

Here's an outfit that is NOT tite at the waist. But, it still looks better on a corseted figure!

Pic from my still camera.

Solarhawk
03-04-2010, 06:23 PM
That's how my corset is, and actually how it came pre-laced from Frederick's of Hollywood when I got it, but she has it laced through somehow so that the dangly bits are sort of a loop of string that she can just quickly put her hands through and grab and pull tight. I have the strings on mine in the middle too, but they're the loose ends of the thread and I have to be careful when pulling the corset on because they can get unlaced from the holes easily. I'd just like to see how she laced it up to begin with, like before the video started, cause at the beginning she already has that part done.

If you have to be careful because they can come unlaced, then I believe it's not laced properly.

<edit> Just found this, step by step of how to do the loop thing in the video I posted earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrstedplank

The way shown in that video is just like lacing a shoe, where the lacing always comes from the inside to the outside, and because the laces cross between the inside and outside of the corset between the two eyelet strips, you can never lace the corset to it's tightest. I recommend lacing a corset as shown here: How to properly lace a corset (http://www.waspcreations.com/howtol.htm) which forms "X" shaped lacing patterns on the inside and outside of the corset, and is easier to tighten as there is less friction due to crossing the laces in the center, plus the effect of being able to lace tighter!
OK, off my :sb:

Jesse

docrobbysherry
04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
The corset in the video was laced incorrectly initially! :brolleyes:

It would be MUCH more difficult to titen by yourself, laced that way!:sad:

You can see the easier way to put in your laces initially, in my pics, too!:)