PDA

View Full Version : For those who are out or kinda out of the closet.

Pepper2783
02-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Does any one ever feel as thought, the people who know about you are either cool,assholes or kinda over sensitive? If I touch my one friend on the shoulder he gets all freaked out and look at me like I have the plague. Never say anything and is cool he doesn't really care. Two of my friends say I dwell on it to much. and I let it take over my life and I am lazy cause of it. Others just don't care and treat me the same.

noeleena
02-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Hi ..

There is a wall between males its a no touch , dont get with in 3 feet .
sports its okay because every one is doing the same thing like touch rugby ,
Some male are very stand off ish, just a male thing . yeap you have got the plague . so keep your space , oh yea males dancing to gether oh the looks on there faces .
a male coming up behind another & you put your hand on his shoulder you may get decked . for most thats a no no ,

Now women we are in the hug range of like a foot away we touch are very close just so different . & for most women its normal . dancing so hey lets do it just lets have fun , now to explain that difference , oh dear , thinking , okay being close is, one of a close friendship . trust being there , being open .no walls & empathy . the touch is you are giving of your self & its nice
that is a few .

...noeleena...

kimdl93
02-15-2010, 10:34 AM
different people have different reactions. I guess you have to take each person on their own terms.

Sallee
02-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree males are more stand offish I was noticing on the Olympics. the Female athletes hug each other Maybe the males will hi 5 but never a hug way to gay.

"Mary"
02-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd say I fall into that "kinda out" category. Since I carefully chose the few folks that know about Mary, I'd say they think it's cool that I can look so different and the girls seem to dig that am in touch with girlie things.

Nicole Brown
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Megan,

I also find that men tend to be hands off while woman tend to me much more hands on. But this is a rather big generalization because I know both men and woman who fit into the opposite category. I know if several woman who just do not like to be touched, by either men or woman and I know several men who will hug you no matter who you are.

I myself am a hugger, doesn't matter how I am dressed, I hug really close friends and relatives. True, I am more likely to touch and hug when I present as Nicole, but that's what woman do. Several of my close male friends who either know me strictly as Nicole or as both of my personas tend to think that something is wrong if I don't great them with a hug. In fact two of these gentlemen get offended if I don't greet them with a kiss.

Most all of my female friends and I usually greet by taking each other hands and kissing on the cheek or just a loving hug. Don't let a single foolish man disturb or bother you, it's is undoubtedly his problem..

Karren H
02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I think that falls under the umbrella of having "cooties".. The Cootie Syndrome.. Lol.

kellycan27
02-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Maybe you fried still believes that girls have cooties!:heehee:

Rachel Morley
02-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Ah yes, now you've let your surprise out it probably does (maybe?) change the dynamics of the friendship especially if your friends have traditional attitudes to being tactile. I agree with the others guys are different to girls :2c:

Pepper2783
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Well here is thing major thing. I was kind of looking for other peoples experiences. My friends are cool about it I hug my male friends not like constantly but hell I kiss my best friend on his head some times. So they cool can be uncool but hell every one a lil uncool. Girls as well are into it they love talking about girl stuff with me. It's fun for me to.

NathalieX66
02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
As for the original question, a bunch of my firnds know, and my parents know. The thing with my parents is the extent of my CD'ing, but then again who wants to give your parents all the details about your life.
My situation is off-limits to my employer.