PDA

View Full Version : Better Posture

christine55
02-15-2010, 05:48 AM
My bad male posture is often a dead giveaway when I'm out.
Lately when around my house I really make an effort to keep my shoulders back, head up, and my chest forward and elbows close to my side. When walking or sitting. Of course your male habits creep in but as soon as you realize, you just correct yourself.
Beleive me, if you just slouch around when your alone, you certainly won't be able to maintain decent feminine posture when out.
If you work and work on it at home it kind of becomes a habit.

Hugs,
christine

jasmine57
02-15-2010, 08:11 AM
I agree Christine. Wear my corset also helps alot with my posture.

Moe GG
02-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I've often thought that I should get one of those posture correctors..

After a quick google search;
http://www.firststreetonline.com/view_large.aspx?img=/content/Content/Images/Products/400x400/PostureCorrector_30666_L02.jpg

http://www.firststreetonline.com/view_large.aspx?img=/content/postcorr_30666_400px_lg.jpg

Something along that line. Not sure whether they work well or not, but I know I saw something similar on "Ladette to Lady".

Gillian
02-15-2010, 08:41 AM
I have to work at not sitting too feminine now when the family are all round me as the pose is totally different and I want to practice my feminie side all the time. Even here at the computer I have to remeber to "slob" a bit instead of my desire to sit very prim with my chest out and shoulders back.

Jamie001
02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Sign-up for a Yoga class and practice Mountain Pose. It is essentially the "posture pose". It will really make a big difference.

Karren H
02-15-2010, 10:24 AM
I've always had decent posture.. But I find that even with a corset on, the extra weight of breast forms really puts a strain on my back.. Now I appreciate better my wifes complaints about her breasts and back pain.. She doesn't have to option to take them off like I do. Lol

Rachel Morley
02-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I think you're on the right track. The more you practice all your feminine gestures and mannerisms the more natural and effortless they will become :2c:

Hope
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I've always had decent posture.. But I find that even with a corset on, the extra weight of breast forms really puts a strain on my back.. Now I appreciate better my wifes complaints about her breasts and back pain.. She doesn't have to option to take them off like I do. Lol

Yeah - but the better your posture is, the fewer back problems you will have - forms or otherwise... So it is still a fab idea.

Cutedot
02-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Imagine a thread attached to the top of your head that pulls your whole body up. That's a great way to get a good posture. Relax your shoulders, don't pull them too far back, that's more of a male posture (military, anybody?).

As for the hips, it depends on the effect you want to get. Some women, when they want to look sexy and sassy, will stick their bottoms out a bit, as a little tease. Careful there, as you stick the back out your tummy comes out, giving you a bit of a bulge. If you have large breasts, you might end up looking like a hen...

I prefer a more classy posture. Tuck in the stomach and the bum, keep your shoulders relaxed, your back straight. In heels, this is the best posture, because it keeps your stomach flat and accentuates your hips... Makes it easier to walk, as well. Small benefit, right?

Just my GG opinion...

Annaliese2010
02-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I have to work at not sitting too feminine now when the family are all round me...

LOL, me too... the problem has always been to consciously work to not stand sit walk or talk like myself.