PDA

View Full Version : Lungi or sarong

Mx Justina
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
This topic is spurred by local feedback to an inquiry I made (in my immediate area) regarding sources for easy on/off wrap skirts with wrinkle resistent, travel-convenient fabrics...

One of several suggestions by one helpfull respondent was the LUNGI or SARONG. This illustrated design is worn worldwide, by men and women. Surely with a little bit of imaginative application it could be utilised by CDs both in the closet, and out in the open...

Think of it as practical or convenient (since words like "unisex" are anathema to conventional CDs).

http://www.mytiesarongs.com/images/sp3.jpg

Lungi425.com (http://www.lungi425.com/how2wear.htm)

http://www.lungi425.com/images/page2a.jpg

http://www.lungi425.com/images/page4.1.jpg

J.

Rachael Warren
08-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Hi, the sarong was worn a few years back by a very high profile footballer, David Beckham.

It caused a media frenzy, and I think the episode has sparked something of a change back here in the UK.

LOL, Rachael.

Katie Lynn
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Sarongs are very very popular in hawaii, and I have seen them on both male and female. I dont know if I would ever where one anywhere other than a beach though.

Mx Justina
08-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi, the sarong was worn a few years back by a very high profile footballer, David Beckham.

It caused a media frenzy, and I think the episode has sparked something of a change back here in the UK.

LOL, Rachael.

David (UK male sex symbol) Beckham notwithstanding...

I recall a recent (very extended) thread which seemed to suggest how more accepting (and adapting) other parts of the world are VS. the mainland U.S... The U.K. especially, was noted as being ahead of the U.S.

It's a shame that such a practical and versatile idea does not seem to catch on though...especially in the U.S. The CD who suggested the idea, wears lungis around his suburban home in masculine mode...and mostly what he receives are compliments from neighbors (some males have cofided that they wish they had the courage to wear the garments near their homes openly (as casual male attire)

J.

Mx Justina
08-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Sarongs are very very popular in hawaii, and I have seen them on both male and female. I dont know if I would ever where one anywhere other than a beach though.

Well...admitedly a flowery, fuschia colored number might be out of place near christmas time...but what about a plain-colored one??...perhaps in some drapey soft fabric like micro-fiber?... Something light but drapey that adjust to you desired waist and hip dimensions...and quickly!??

J.

Rachael Warren
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Justina, I have spent years wanting to, and wearing skirts around the house on and off.

I have tried a sarong, but it doesn't quite fit my location, Mediterranean areas or Hawaii yea, Isle of Man NOoooo. The best skirt to adopt in my location is the Kilt!

I am sure you know that a Kilt is a male skirt, considered masculine, and acceptable attire here in the Celtic regions of the UK. (I own several).

They are wonderful, but sadly stereotypical.

For me this isn't just about skirts any longer, it's the whole shebang, especialy after finding this forum.

Incidentally, here is something that may come as a surprise to some of our visitors. I recently wore a skirt out in public on a very important national day, it was a Kilt and I had the rest of the usual garb to go with it.

So there I was in a mans skirt, in public, with all the trimmings, why would I be nervous? After all I wasn’t doing anything wrong.

I was more worried that someone might notice that I didn't have any hair on my legs!

Now if I had been wearing a dress, it would have been a different story.

Lots of love, Racheal. :)

Mx Justina
08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
...Incidentally, here is something that may come as a surprise to some of our visitors. I recently wore a skirt out in public on a very important national day, it was a Kilt and I had the rest of the usual garb to go with it.

So there I was in a mans skirt, in public, with all the trimmings, why would I be nervous? After all I wasn’t doing anything wrong.

I was more worried that someone might notice that I didn't have any hair on my legs!

Now if I had been wearing a dress, it would have been a different story.

Lots of love, Racheal. :)

Horrible stereotypical taboos notwithstanding...

At least a lungi would have covered up those incriminating legs.

BTW..I have a video copy of an old 1962 "shockumentary" movie entitled Mondo Cane. In one segment there are hundreds of Australian females parading in military cadance (as the theme "More Than You'll Ever Know" plays)...and one serious-faced marching segment is wearing kilts as part of their ceremonial attire...all looking ridiculously sexy, as the camera pans and zooms in on their marching formation (no long matronly skirts in the whole lot).

J.