PDA

View Full Version : what cloth i need to be a good crossdresser

todd
02-15-2010, 08:39 AM
I am need a list of stuff if anyone can help me please.

MimiLee
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Everyone has their own prefences and taste for fashion, wear what you like and what you think will look good in you. When i first started out, my essentials were pantyhose, panties/thong and one peice dresses. Wearing one peice dress was alot easier than trying to coordinate tops and bottoms. As time goes by and the more you dress, you'll figure out what you need based on your own prefences.

Sheila
02-15-2010, 11:07 AM
you need to fins your own style and preferences, try wandering over tot he clothing and beauty sections and pic gallery to get some ideas :)

kimdl93
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
As both above suggest - you need to find your own style. I'd start by perusing catalogs and stores - just looking for outfits that you like. Then, the hard part is deciding what is best suited to your build - you might be able to find some good on-line advice in matching styles, colors etc to your physical attributes.

Beyond that, what do you have for undergarments - bras, panties & stockings? Do you have breast forms?

And then there's make up - again, you'll need to do some research to decide how to select makeup that matchs your skin tones.

Finally, shoes. I found that Zappos has a great selection and an easy guide for converting male to women's sizes. One last advantage is that Zappos has a simple return policy, so if a particular shoe doesn't fit well, you can return it, no questions asked.

And then finally, there's budget. You can spend a lot of money on clothes and makeup...so set yourself a budget and stick to it.

Nicole Erin
02-15-2010, 12:26 PM
...pic gallery to get some ideas :)

Oh dear god I know you are not talking about the pic gallery here. Some of them wear Miley Cyrus wigs even tho they are grandparents. Sometimes that is the least of the fashion faux-pas

NOW about where to start -
If you are just wanting to have fun at home, dress as you like, whatever turns you on.
If you are aiming to go out in public, the safest start would be a black top and black skirt, heels 2 or 3 inches high, and earth tones of makeup.

Most important - dress appropriate for your age and figure. mid riff shirts don't look good on fat people, and strawberry blonde hair doesn't look good on anyone except Lady Gaga

danielle.cd
02-15-2010, 07:44 PM
heres what i did first i went and got a pair of nice undies matching bra from famly dollar , there cheap and nice enough to get the sizeing down then i went and got some a shirt and a skirt they seem to be easyer to find in a thrift store for me cause there cheap and many to choose from, then i started bying makup ( all the typical stuff ) then i wanted to be able to venture out so i bought a pair of jeans that i thought would fit (many time couse the length was way to short) a not so dressed up shirt. i got all this then started looking for wigs to further my femminine image (wow is all i could say the first time i put this all together) then i focused on shoes (mainly hi heals ) clearenced at meijers, or any other cheap pair that looked good till i got the right look that i wanted. now that i have all this i started to find dresses that looked good on my frame and then i started to get into the figure changing stuff like breast forms and hip padding (even better wow when i saw my self) then i found that gaffs work and other ways of hiding your jewels and creating better cleavage. so for me it wasnt a list it was ok i like what i see but how can i improve it to look more femmenin.

you kinda have to feel it out somewhat and think about what look your going for , women dont go to the prom everyday or dress in there pjs all the time or where a summer dress in winter ,

best list i could tell ya is to go get a nice wig, bra and panti set (no one will probably see you with them on but it helps with feeling femlike) some makeup, a basic shirt that would go with a skirt or a pair of jeans, and some heels or shoes that look good with a skirt or jeans what ever your wearing, if you have the money breast forms if not nylons and rice or birdseed works, a waist sincher and some hip pads , that should be the baskics and essentials to looking more female then when you get the look u like go for some jewelry to excentuate the rest , hope this helps

PetiteDuality
02-15-2010, 08:20 PM
what cloth i need to be a good crossdresser

Your own. Don't borrow!

Andy66
02-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I am need a list of stuff
It seems like most people collect their femme clothes gradually over the years, not go shopping all at once with a list. How you dress has a lot to do with your personal tastes, budget, and where you will be going. Are you staying home? Going to the store? Going to a fancy restaurant? Is this a Drama club assignment?

todd
02-17-2010, 07:46 PM
thank you for the help.

I well try to get the stuff you have on the list but money is not as easy to come by know thank you again .

Elaine Michelle
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi Todd,

You might consider buying your first stuff from a thrift store. It is a relatively inexpensive way to learn and experiment.

Elaine

NathalieX66
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Shop for what you like, and what you can afford.

Kate Simmons
02-18-2010, 05:35 PM
You are kidding right? This Forum has a shop to give you ideas. There are a multitude of sites on line for the community as well. Just search "crossdresser" and all kinds of stuff will come up. I don't know what a "good crossdresser" is in any case. Most of us just try to be ourselves my friend.:)

Kaz
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Todd... watch girls... befriend them, accompany them, observe what they do.. you will learn...:hugs:

todd
02-24-2010, 06:26 AM
For starter i have two bras and 10 pars of pantys 5 thong and 5 full pantys and 4 pantyhose not breast froms i well have to get more but money is easy right now thank for writing something .