PDA

View Full Version : How much of a "girl" are you really?

Kate Simmons
02-15-2010, 09:18 AM
How much of a "girl" are you really when en femme? What kind of moves or traits do you have that qualify you to be a candidate for the fairer sex? Personally, I have those "looks" only girls seem to have and the slight head movements that go along with them. What do you think you do that is downright "girly"?:)

Megan70
02-15-2010, 09:22 AM
What do you think you do that is downright "girly"?:)

Sit down on the toliet in the ladies room to pee instead of standing. Does that qualify?

VanessaVW
02-15-2010, 09:25 AM
I was told by a boss that I smile too much. (Of course I'm in drab-mode at work.) Oh well, maybe I'm just happy!!!

Andy66
02-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Heh. I'm practically a "guy in a dress" when I wear one. :lol:

Karren H
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Ever seen one of those elephants in a tutu at the circus??

Rachel Morley
02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
I think mine is sitting and how I hold my hands (somewhat limp wrists) and I often "talk with my hands" if you know what I mean. I do these things in boy mode too!

kellycan27
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
All girl here:battingeyelashes:

Kathi Lake
02-15-2010, 09:12 PM
With me, it's totally unconscious. I have to rely on others - GGs mostly - to notice it. I'm just me. They seem to catch me being verbal with my hands, talking with them in a knowing way on subjects that I "shouldn't" know about, and other gaffes. They have labelled me as "such a girl" or "one of the girls" enough times that I guess I must act a little "fluffy" to bring these titles upon me.

Sometimes, my wife will say "stop walking prettier than me" if I'm still "in the groove" mentally after a particularly girly outing or stuck in that mindset. All I know is, I don't necessarily "try" for it (wow, I use a lot of quotes! :)), but it seems to be there just the same.

Kathi

msniki48
02-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Denise,

i find myself, smiling much more, when i walk, my arms tend to be more palm out, i stand straighter, and walk with the hips instead of the shoulders.

cross my legs a lot, and yes i pee sitting down:heehee: and thats when i'm in guy mode......;) only kidding

:hugs:

suchacutie
02-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok, so my walk in heels is incredibly girly along with that little flick of the hair in my face. Sitting, standing, walking down stairs, the little arm swing, and the general body posture! Tina loves chick flicks and crochetting lace and gossiping with her gf!

But, the voice inflections aren't there yet (still not confortable with that for some reason!) even though the voice is pretty good, and I'm not yet up to standard on "thinking" like a girl...but I'm getting better :)

tina

Kate Simmons
02-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Heh. I'm practically a "guy in a dress" when I wear one. :lol:Hoo boy, a comedien in every crowd. What they won't understand Anne is that we used to flip a coin to determine who was going to be the "guy".:heehee:

Samantha_Smile
02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Well, en femme, I sit to pee, when Im smoking my elbow rests on my lap with my forearm vertical and my hand tipped back.
I adopt better posture; shoulders back, I walk with my hips.
I feel softer, more gentle and gracefull.
I sit with my knees together at all times, I eat slower with smaller mouthfulls. I get stroppy if I cant get my make-up right or if I chip my nail varnish.

However, Im not chatty like a girl, I cant talk at length about something; I still only get to the point.
Im still solution orientated in thought and talk like a guy as oposed to emotion orientated like a girl.

Dunno how girly I am, Im just aware of my girly traits when en femme I guess. It just feels nice, so I go with it.
:battingeyelashes:

Frédérique
02-16-2010, 07:36 AM
How much of a "girl" are you really when en femme? What kind of moves or traits do you have that qualify you to be a candidate for the fairer sex? What do you think you do that is downright "girly"?

I keep to myself and keep quiet – I don’t go out of my way to make a lot of noise. I shave religiously, sit with my legs crossed (always), don’t spit, and I don’t yell “Yahoo!” at the slightest provocation. I avoid sports, beer, other males, and all male bonding activities. I don’t smash anything or wrestle with anyone. I brush the hair away from my face, retouch my lipstick, smooth my skirt hem, adjust my hosiery just-so, and hug myself with snug undergarments. I cry at most movies, displays of affection, non-confrontational behavior, beauty, beautiful non-confrontational movies (these are rare), kisses, embraces, apologies, and true feelings. I drive slowly. I walk slowly. I look at things. I look at the ground and wonder about what I’m stepping on. I look at the sky. I think about deep space. Did you know that black holes are feminine? I love art, so I look for the art in all things (even this). I also look for the humor in all things. BTW, art and humor also make me cry on occasion. I blush easily, too...:o

Pardon me, but I have to iron the pleats of my skirt – no wrinkles, please! Did I mention I like to iron? I also love to cook, I can sew, and I make my own greeting cards (I’m creative). I can also come up with some very imaginative gifts (if I do say so). I enjoy the company of females. I enjoy the company of cats. I play chess (in a feminine way, of course). I like to be with sensitive people, period, regardless of gender. I like to be on the bottom, out of sight, in your peripheral vision, over there in the corner, and part of the wallpaper. I am furniture – come sit beside me. I am invisible by choice. I am everything by choice. Obviously, I love my CD/TG friends…:hugs:

Tally up the score – I’m not sure what percentage of a “girl” this makes me, but it must add up to something…:whew!:

Rogina B
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Well,my list of naturalfeminine mannerisms was empty so I will just have to get in character and pretend! Best I can do...post like this are a reality check.:2c:

thechic
02-16-2010, 08:36 AM
I Try to be all girl, don't know if it works though

Geneva :battingeyelashes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44936757@N07/

bron
02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
My partner picks up on the way i hold my glass of wine...she thinks its very feminine the way i hold it. Apparently i walk like a girl too. And i can be a bit limp wristed too. Must look a bit weird as i am over 220 lb! and big. But no one says anything to me about my fem ways except my close friends. Bron

DaisyG
02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
My late wife would often comment on two things I do, en femme or in drab.

She said I present a noticebly feminine pose when I sit with my legs crossed, and would caution me that doing that in drab could raise questions.

The other thing I unconsciously do, is curl the tip of my little finger under the base of a wine glass stem. She maintained that was a most feminine way to hold the glass.

ED: I see Bron does maybe the same thing? Interesting, 'cause I've never picked up on others doing that, though my wife sure did! Anyone else?

Also, she liked the way I walk in 3" & 4" heels, and encouraged me to wear them around the house on evenings home.

Otherwise, I'm just an apprentice woman; I've got a lot of refinement to learn!

Daisy

Shadeauxmarie
02-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Not enough traits for me. None that I would call out. It seems, I need the Crossdressing for Dummies course.

bron
02-16-2010, 09:14 AM
When i am with my partner i am not allowed to say the word "delightful". She thinks its only a word women should use. So i should take that as back handed compliment i guess.

kimdl93
02-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Ever seen one of those elephants in a tutu at the circus??

Karren is far more convincing than I can ever hope to be. I'm not physically a very persuasive female. I suspect most of my mannerisms are predominantly male, but I also know that little innate things seep through - more behavioral than physical.

CharleneM
02-16-2010, 09:51 AM
My Avatar says it all!

Karen_Ski
02-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Kind of funny in that I don't think I am girly enough yet those that know me in girl mode tell me I am more feminine than many of the GG's they know. My aunt who has been my friend and confidant forever, she is the first one I came out to after I got out of college oh so long ago, has told me more than once that if she had a daughter she would have hoped she would be as ladylike as I am.

Stacye Rose
02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
The length of my stride as I walk. The way I cross my legs. I recently discovered that I have a much smaller appitite when dressed and what foods I want change also.

And I've also recently found this little gem of a difference,

I was shopping as Stacye. IF I go without lunch at work this week I had $32.00 to last until i get paid Thu. I Saw this black skirt-$40.00 on sale $29.98, there were 4 left. My guy side would never let go of my last $30.00 before payday. come h*ll or high water,You never know what might happen. Stacye took one look at the skirt thought "if I don't get this, I will wish I had" So I'm on a diet this week. I guess I can stand to lose a pound or two.

AKKaren
02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
:tongueoutA Big ole buffalo in a dress....yup...that pretty well sums it up!! LOL!

DianneRoberts
02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I never realized it before, but long ago a group of women that worked at corporate headquarters always referred to me as "one of the girls", never gave it a second thought until reading this thread. Wow, I didn't even know. It makes me feel good.

The big one is watching TV now. I used to FF through all the commercials with the DVR, now I go back and watch ( often more than once ) cosmetics, hair coloring, Jenny Craig etc. commercials.

sigh,

Claire Cook
02-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm finding that as I dress more and more, I probably do more femme things when in drab. Being softer, gentler (and yes crossing my legs, and sitting down to pee) just relaxes me -- and perhaps strangely, gives me more confidence and self-assurance.

Lorraine Adams 2008
02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
You tell me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorraine_kimberly_adams/4101326775/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorraine_kimberly_adams/3596462345/

Shayna Ashley
02-18-2010, 08:58 PM
How much of a girl am I? I love acting like one and being treated like one. It is fun.

sissystephanie
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
When my wife was still alive and did my wig and my makeup, I could be pretty much "all girl" as far as looks were concerned! Now I am just a guy in a skirt or dress. I don't wear a wig and use very little makeup!

As my dear wife always told me, "you were born a man and you always will be no matter what you are wearing!" She was right! I was born a man and always will be a male. Clothes don't make the person!

Jamie48
02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Walk, gesture & sit like a girl when enfemme and my posture is so much better.

noeleena
02-19-2010, 06:19 AM
Hi..
How much am i a girl .
Born with some of both . not a girl e girl or that manly male,
I know i m accepted as a woman . yet i m trying to look at my self in a way that brings both sides to gether as one & has traits of more of the girl side & still retaining some of my male side with out compromising my femaleness,
in my walking., standing, talking , not the sound of my voice , the way i express my self the words i use & how i construt my way of doing it ,that express s who i am ,
Iv allways been embarist to ask others as to what they think of me & thats pretty much deep seated , a part of doughting my self ,
You may think i have lots of confindence in what i have done & do & yes i do , yet as a woman i do ?? my self & yes some times just wont to hide .
is that male or just been me all along that part of me a girl from birth . & trying to over come that with my maleness .
I know im andrgyon & some times i dont quite get it right . oh dear i like these ?? yet you do pose a hard ? ,

...noeleena...

LisaAlexander
02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Ok talking only about what changes when I dress, I feel über sexy, like I can control anyone with a coy smile and a wink... I also do things more delicately less clumsy... I just got thinking I should do more stuff while dressed, I'll probably get better results :D

Loni
02-19-2010, 02:15 PM
i have found my self sitting like a lady at work. can not cross quit right but i do sit with my ankles crossed.
hands move more lady like than man like. always checking to make sure i did not go to work with something "wrong" on, :heehee:

i had better check my walk :eek:

Brandi Wyne
02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I can still remember being with my older brother at his girl friends' parents house. I was helping the mother with the dishes and cleaning up the dining room. My brother says, "You know, you will make some one a good little wife some day."

Most of the girls here have said things that I think about, too. My being a "girl" means the way I sit, eat, stand, walk, gesture, and I do sit to pee. :battingeyelashes: In drab I am more conscious of my standing, walking, etc. to practice or fine tume many of my actions so that I don't have to think about how to act when enfemme. I am trying to learn to like more of the chick flicks and such things.

Other than that I am just an old guy in a dress, I guess.:daydreaming:

girlygirl02
02-19-2010, 06:47 PM
as far as i k it only my but cause alot of girls i k tell me how cute and girly looking my but is when dressed as a guy

Cassandra
02-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Sit down on the toliet in the ladies room to pee instead of standing. Does that qualify?

I love being able to do that. :-)

sherri52
02-20-2010, 11:01 AM
I can dress to the nines but I still have my problems. I can't even cross my legs properly. Not because of the package but because of muscles. I was a mailman for 30 yrs, walking up and down stairs. My leg muscles have muscles.

Yvonne York
02-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I love gathering the hair of my long blonde wing together and tossing it back behind my head and it falling on my back.