PDA

View Full Version : Today I was reminded why I always need to use protection

Terri D
02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I was getting ready to go out and by my first pair of heels. Looking forward to going to a store and trying on and buying heels. I decided to limit my internet purchases. I'm not going to hide behind the internet to make purchases.
So I'm really excited and a little nervous about going to a real store. I rushed myself while putting on my stockings. And damn, if I didn't snag them with my fingernail. One very gnarly snag resulting in a horrible run.
I always wear gloves putting on stockings and have always protected my hosiery from premature death.
This was a reminder why I always use protection:doh:

Nicole Erin
02-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Terri, I cannot IM cause you have less than 10 posts, some kind of forum tech rule...

I would like to ask where I might find a larger version of that avatar photo,
I was going to say something graphic about it but anyways... :D

Christina Horton
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
I used to have that prob when I had long nails. Just make like you have knife on all your fingers and you'll be fine.

msniki48
02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Terri, I just loved your Title line....it got me here:heehee:

i do not use gloves, but i do make sure i use the fleshy part of all the fingers....to slide up the leg...not to many boo boo's that way.

oh...always keep another pair in your purse.

hugs

Laura Evans
02-15-2010, 06:03 PM
The title got me too msniki48. To add to the above don't wear your rings either when putting them on.

AllieSF
02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I must be doing something right. I have never snagged my nuylons while putting them on with short or longer nails. I have very rarely gotten snags and most of those come from my wonderful cheap costume jewelry that I get at thrift stores. I think that I have thrown away abot 4 pairs of panty hose in 3 years of dressing.

sherri52
02-15-2010, 07:41 PM
The nylons don't last long enough as it is. We have to be careful with them. I broke two nails this weekend alone but saved my hose.

Terri D
02-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Nicole, I found the avatar somewhere on the internet. I can't remember what website it appeared. If I should find it again I'll let you know.

DiannaRose
02-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I did that wearing one of my sparkly bracelets (you know, from putting my hand down the leg to fix the bunched up toe). Cursed myself up and down the stairs, Let me tell you.

No jewelry now. I have drab nails, so that's not a problem. :)

Teri Jean
02-15-2010, 07:57 PM
This cat has long nails and has learned to keep the claws retracted while putting on the nylons. That doesn't mean there will not be those moments hense as Niki put it have a spare pair along.

Teri

KristyPa
02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Thats why I always take a extra pair of hose and even pumps. It would be such a bad time if you took all that time to get ready, went out and broke a heel, it would end your evening.

VanessaVW
02-22-2010, 02:57 PM
This cat has long nails and has learned to keep the claws retracted while putting on the nylons. That doesn't mean there will not be those moments hense as Niki put it have a spare pair along.

Teri

Yep, the kitty ruins most of my hose too. And I usually buy better hose.....
Oh well.