PDA

View Full Version : SO's

Tina L.
02-16-2010, 08:11 AM
How much do mates notice about their mate? I ask this because my legs have been shaved smooth for over two weeks
and she has not said a word. She has only seen me dressed once but we shower together, so she has seen me.
just wondering

Tina L.

eluuzion
02-16-2010, 08:47 AM
lol,

If your SO suddenly had hairy legs, would you notice?

OK, assume a completely dark room...
Pick 10 women at random and put them in bed with their respective SO (with his typical unshaven male legs).
Now have him shave his legs the next night before he gets into bed with his SO.

How many of those SOs do you think would notice? My guess is at least 9 of the 10. Would they mention it? Depends on the individual.

Here is one more question...
If an SO does not acknowledge what appears to be a major change in their partner...is it ever a good sign?

just a thought.

bron
02-16-2010, 08:51 AM
My partner knows i shave my whole body. We don't live to gether tho. My work mates are all male and they notice nothing...My female co-workers notice and one knows i am a cd...so she probably told the others anyway. My long fingernails are a give away......the guys don't notice but the girls do.....bron

Gillian
02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
My SO has noticed that I am acting more weird than usual right now, in fact it caused a bit of an argument yesteraday as she does suspect I am "up to no good again" which means I have to do a better job of hiding things, and as for the shaving of my legs, well so far not a word from her on that one so I live in hope of a clean leg freedom ha ha ha

Madilyn A.
02-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Given the scenario you presented, where she is aware of your shaving, but has not made any comment, I believe you need to initiate the conversation. Clearly she is uncomfortable so, start by telling her how much you enjoy the feel of shaved legs. That it is not that unusual, as cyclists, body builders, and some athletes prefer the look and feel. As I see it you have nothing to lose and may find a mutual understanding which allows you to be who you are with her support.......Madilyn

kimdl93
02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
My SO has noticed that I am acting more weird than usual right now, in fact it caused a bit of an argument yesteraday as she does suspect I am "up to no good again" which means I have to do a better job of hiding things, and as for the shaving of my legs, well so far not a word from her on that one so I live in hope of a clean leg freedom ha ha ha

Gillian, it seems that you need to do a better job of communciating with your SO. Hiding this will come back to bite you - I guarantee it! In my experience, the things you hide from aren't usually as bad once you've faced them.

EnglishRose
02-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I'd like to shave all off. However, there's no way I'm going to do that without telling my wife first. She's very perceptive anyway :)

DiannaRose
02-16-2010, 10:45 AM
my wife would notice almost immediately. I shower in the evening, then spend the time before bed downstairs wearing my sleep clothes---which include shorts.

Oh, yeah...she'd spot 'em right away. It would NOT be a pretty scene. :)

That said, I've been keeping my nails longer than usual...but not so long that they appear femme. She hasn't said anythingyet, but I think she eventually will. ANY physical change is a BIG no-no.

SouthernBelle.GG
02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
How much do mates notice about their mate?

Well, I notice things pretty quickly, but I don't always announce that I've noticed. His body, his prerogative. I did say something when I went to run my fingers through the hair on his forearms and there was nothing there. But it was more out of shock not because I was upset.

Tamara Croft
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Well, I notice things pretty quickly, but I don't always announce that I've noticed.Maybe because we've got better things to do :heehee:

Tina, does it bother you that your 'mate' hasn't noticed? I mean, do you want her to make a big deal out of it? Is that really the problem, that you're just not being noticed? I say this, because my Tam is the same, if I don't notice that she's shaved her legs, or painted her nails etc... I get them shoved in my face lol... It's not that we don't notice, it's just not anything special... we do it all the time ;)

Danielle76
02-16-2010, 11:18 AM
I would imagine she notices, but maybe just doesn't think anything of it. I know that my wife would DEFINITELY notice if my legs were suddenly shaved, but then again, maybe I'm much hairier than you are...

SouthernBelle.GG
02-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Maybe because we've got better things to do :heehee:

Could be, Tamara. I know that for me taking care of the house and kids and working outweigh saying something to Paul about his thinning eyebrows. :heehee:

minalost
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
The last time my wife and I talked about my CDing I mentioned my longer nails and she said she hadn't notice because "I don't look at your hands..."

On the other hand she noticed the clutter of new lotions and potions in the shower...

I'm not sure what she notices and doesn't and what she just chooses not to comment on.

sonia_dargency
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
How much do mates notice about their mate?

There is no way she did not notice. she would notice something you would not even notice, such as a stain on your shirt...

Men would not notice a new hairdo or an old dress on their wives, but the opposite is not true. Women are far more perceptive but more complex in their expression.

From "I don't care" to "I don't want to know about it" there is 10,000 reasons as of why she did not say anything yet. See the comments from the GGs.

Remember that the leg thing is very important to YOU, not necessarily to her.

Alice B
02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
When I first started shaving my legs my wife noticed right away and gave me a little lip about it, but soon accepted the look. Once I started totally shaving my body the same thing happened, but she accepts it, including my painted toe nails. I put the latter to two tests in the past few months. We went on a diving trip and I had my toe nails painted black, so everyone could see them. Nothing came of it. This past week I had to go into the hospital and have stints installed in a coronary artery. My nails were a bright red. My wife said nothing, the nurses loved the color and all went well. The moral. Be open and honest and if your relationship is solid all will be well.

kimdl93
02-16-2010, 12:30 PM
This discussion reminds me of something that happened years ago. One of my brothers had shaved his mustache. He sat at the table barely concealing a grin, waiting for Mom to comment. She never said a word. Then after he left the room, she chuckled and said she knew he was waiting for her to say something. Not sure what that was about.

VanessaVW
02-16-2010, 12:49 PM
My gf would notice right away if I had shaved. Heck she'd know if I was wearing jeans. In fact, she could tell you what we had for dinner on October 11th and what I was wearing at the time. I'm beginning to think that she can read my every thought..... At least she knows I wear pantyhose and is just fine with it.

JulieK1980
02-16-2010, 02:50 PM
my wife only notices if I don't keep up with them, and she complains that they get scratchy lol!

Although in physiology lab a couple weeks ago, I was volunteered to have electrodes placed on my calf to measure
Action Potentials, and muscle contraction. Go figure my professor asked me in front of the class if I shaved my legs. LOL! I think I turned 12 shades of red... Glad I didn't have to take my socks off though, the bright blue nail polish, would've been much harder to brush off.....

PretzelGirl
02-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I didn't start shaving any part of my body without discussing it first. I try and stay with the thought that major changes should generate conversation before they happen. This has worked for me. YMMV.

Tina L.
02-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks for all of the great insight after reading some of the replies i thought i should ask if she noticed, she said sure.
said she didn't care as long as it grew back by vacation time.
my little sweetie said if i am not hurting her or myself then whats the big deal.

there is no wonder that i love her

Tina L.

Rachel Morley
02-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Not sure. Could be depending on the GG, or that maybe they just don't say anything about it at first. In my case I'd shaved my forearms for like a month before my wife even noticed! ... yet she noticed my pencil thin eyebrows the moment I did it. (btw ... she was ok with both changes):)

suchacutie
02-17-2010, 11:31 PM
seeing and talking about it are two separate things...

so isn't this an apples and oranges question?

tina

RachelPortugal
02-18-2010, 03:52 AM
I didn't start shaving any part of my body without discussing it first. I try and stay with the thought that major changes should generate conversation before they happen. This has worked for me. YMMV.

Does this apply to the situation when she comes home from an impromptu visit to the hairdressers with a new hairdo and you fail to remark or compliment on it?
LOL
Rachael

Georgia Rose
02-18-2010, 05:50 AM
I've never completely shaved my legs or arms but keep them under control with my body groomer. My wife has never commented about that or the 2 areas I always shave which are my chest & feet. She's away at the moment and the underarm hair has gone so it will be interesting to see if she notices or comments on that. As we are usually both naked in the bathroom every morning and night she can't help by see.

It seems to me that as long as I don't cause her any grief it's ok but ignored.

UASIANGAL
02-18-2010, 06:01 AM
After you shaved your legs, isn't that feeling so different when you rub them together in bed? Any SO would have the same reaction if they sleep together, unless she was very hairy!! :D

So cool she is ok with that. Unless you are a bodybuilder or model, its really hard to justified shaved arms and legs!

DAVIDA
02-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Does she notice?
You bet! She said last week that I needed to shave my back.
Plus,she got me a new epilator for valentines! Isn't that romantic?
The old one took forever and the new one works in the shower and is fast and wonderful! The only place that I epilate is my arms. I might try the legs again. I quit because it took to long to do with the old one.

PretzelGirl
02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Does this apply to the situation when she comes home from an impromptu visit to the hairdressers with a new hairdo and you fail to remark or compliment on it?
LOL
Rachael

Not her style, but I can see where that would be true for many. :D She only did one major change...and told me beforehand. Just our style I guess.