PDA

View Full Version : Finally

SuzanneBender
02-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I finally found a therapist thanks to Julie. Today was my first session and for the first time in my life I really feel like I am on a path that will move me towards finding balance in all of this. I am not sure what balance is going to look like in the end, but at least I know I took my first step towards it today. It was interesting how we ended our first session. Dr. A shook my hand and said who knows where this will all end, but the journey is sure to be enlightening and you are sure to be standing at the end of it.

Today was not a day that anyone will write on their calendar, and Hallmark isn't going to write a card for it, but I am excited about it none the less.

StaceyJane
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm very happy for you.
I hope you can find what your looking for.

Karen564
02-16-2010, 04:06 PM
It's a great 1st step in the right direction, no matter what happens in the end...
So Congrats!!

Carole Cross
02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Congrats Suzanne on taking the first step. :hugs:

Faith_G
02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Good for you! :happy:

abigailf
02-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Congratulations Suzanne.

Thanks for that post. It is very encouraging. I have been thinking a lot lately about seeing therapist. This helps.

VeronicaMoonlit
02-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I am not sure what balance is going to look like in the end, but at least I know I took my first step towards it today.

I'm very happy you're posting this here, in the Transsexual Forum. :-)

Today was not a day that anyone will write on their calendar, and Hallmark isn't going to write a card for it, but I am excited about it none the less.

It will be SuzanneBenderDay!

Veronica Rogers

sherri52
02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Hope everything works out well for you suzanne.

Zenith
02-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Good deal...most important is that you feel comfortable talking and being honest.

You are getting help to go where you need to go...wherever that is...

..did he have the fire going? :hugs:

GypsyKaren
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Every step forward is a big one, you're doing great and I'm very happy for you!

Karen :g1:

Eileen
02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Suzanne you are starting on a journey, many put off and some never start. At this point it is impossible to know where it will take you. Where ever it leads you, may you find happiness along the way.

Eileen

PretzelGirl
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I am happy for you Suzanne. And possibly the best unspoken part is you state what a good day it is for you and you didn't even have to go through the thoughts of trying this one out and then moving on if you didn't like this therapist. So that sounds like a good match on the first visit in my book (if I am not reading too far into it).

Melissa A.
02-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Cool, Suzanne. You should be excited. I hope you're dancing at the end of it. Best of everything.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

katieblush
02-17-2010, 03:40 AM
I finally found a therapist thanks to Julie. Today was my first session and for the first time in my life I really feel like I am on a path that will move me towards finding balance in all of this. I am not sure what balance is going to look like in the end, but at least I know I took my first step towards it today. It was interesting how we ended our first session. Dr. A shook my hand and said who knows where this will all end, but the journey is sure to be enlightening and you are sure to be standing at the end of it.

Suzanne,hi
I wish you well on your path,and hope you find some peace :hugs: **

Claire Cook
02-18-2010, 06:12 AM
I think it was Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit who said that going out the front door was the hardest part of his journey ... may the road go ever on and on....

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

LisaM
02-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Congrats, Suzanne! I know just how you feel and it is both frightening and exhilarating.

Kathi Lake
02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey Suze,

You know that we're all here, ready and waiting to help, if necessary. We will laugh with you, cry with you, virtually hold you, if necessary. Why? Simple. We're your friends. We want what is best for you. In this process of discovery, where you're finding out just what that "best for you" thing is, remember to always look inside yourself. The answer is already there. You just have to allow yourself to see it, to believe it, to be it.

Kathi

corndog420
02-18-2010, 01:08 PM
I never believed in therapists myself, but I certainly hope this works out for you and helps you find all of the missing pieces to your puzzle, and like Kathi said, there are plenty of people here who can help you as well! :)

Tomara
02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Suzanne
Congratulations !
I wish you the best of luck on your personal journey , therapy is a lot of work but in my opinion it is well worth the effort.
With the help of my therapist I have grown beyond what I ever dreamed possible for myself.
Good luck to you !
Tomara

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Enjoy the journey it speeds up now. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

SuzanneBender
02-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Ladies thank all of you for your wonderful wishes. I am not sure where the road leads, but taking the trip is better than just looking out the windows wishing you knew what was over the horizon.

Good deal...most important is that you feel comfortable talking and being honest.

You are getting help to go where you need to go...wherever that is...

..did he have the fire going? :hugs:

He did have the fire going! OMG it was so darn calming. I told him things in the first session that I thought I would never tell anyone. Thanks Again!

I think it was Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit who said that going out the front door was the hardest part of his journey ... may the road go ever on and on....

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

I just wish the road didn't have so many darn off ramps. The secret to life is deciding which one to take and then forgetting any remorse about not being able to take the next one up the road.

Congrats, Suzanne! I know just how you feel and it is both frightening and exhilarating.

Frightening only touches the surface, but the only thing to fear is fear itself. Well maybe the boogieman in the closet but you know what I mean.

Hey Suze,

You know that we're all here, ready and waiting to help, if necessary. We will laugh with you, cry with you, virtually hold you, if necessary. Why? Simple. We're your friends. We want what is best for you. In this process of discovery, where you're finding out just what that "best for you" thing is, remember to always look inside yourself. The answer is already there. You just have to allow yourself to see it, to believe it, to be it. Kathi one of the greatest gifts in life are the friends like you that I have made because of finally facing who I am. Thanks dear :hugs:

Teri Jean
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Suzanna it is good to hear that you have finally connected with a therapist. The journey will enlighten you to your real self and answer many of the questions we have. I wish you the best.

Teri

idashine
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Good for you. The ability to open up with someone who helps guide us through hard times that we all experiance can only make it easier for you and the ones you love.

Staciej
03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Gratz your Journey begins :doll:

Zenith
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the wonderful lunch...way better seafood than my usual...filet-o-fish...lol

morgan51
03-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Here's wishing you a happy journey may all go smoothly for you. Congrats.