PDA

View Full Version : womans cloths shops

mysteryUser
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Ok, so a little while ago my mum had a birthday, and she decided she wanted some vouchers from this woman's clothes shop.

Not a big deal, I popped in one lunch, got the vouchers and left, when speaking to my brother he ask "Did you actually go in there to get the vouchers?" It turns out that this was to much of a big deal for him, and got some girl from his work to go in to buy the vouchers for him!

In this case what would be the big deal in a guy going into one of these shops? Its not like he was picking out a skirt as a present.

sherri52
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I never had a problem going into a womens shop even when I was in the closet. My only problem was when I was very young I didn't like to go into the bra section. Now you'd have a hard time getting me out.

DiannaRose
02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Its not like he was picking out a skirt as a present.

It may be that in his mind, it's essentially the same thing. My son does this all the time. "No No No...you guys are NOT going into Victoria's Secret!" "I am NOT going into that part of the store with you!" That sort of thing.

Some people are VERY uncomfortable around feminine things. I used to be, mostly because I really WANTED to go into those stores, but felt that society (girlfriend, friend friends, etc.) would frown on it.

Respect his comfort zone, but don't apologize for being comfortable there yourself...in time, if he sees it's no big deal for you, it may become less of a deal for him.