PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

NatalieM
02-17-2010, 01:13 AM
I want to come out to my mom tonight, with her little bit of joking around with me being a "girlie girl" when she took me to buy shaving items. and then her comment a few minutes afterwards saying "You KNOW I'm just kidding right?" so as to not hurt my feelings by saying that to me. That and she's doing laundry right now, and I need some of my panties washed, :laughing: along with me thinking about it the past few days, just cause it'll be easier on me, if I wanted to wear stuff around the house and then not having to explain later on, in case she found my "stash" or if i left a pair of panties lying around, and also just not having to be all secretive about it. and then some of the little "benefit" of telling her, like not having to sneak around to go shopping. But I'm just SO nervous right now, been thinking up ways to bring it up or to start the convo, just really need some words of encouragement to actually go tell her.

~Natalie

HannahF6
02-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I suspect that if you do come out to her tonight the reaction will be "so you think I didn't know?"

Hannah

AllieSF
02-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Since doing the laundry is such a no-brainer moment, i.e. no heavy thinking involved, it just may be the perfect time to strike up a serious conversation with her on her ground. How to start it? I think you should just reference her comments to you that you mentioned in this thread. Tell her that her concern for you, from what you took from the way that she said it, merited further discussion, that you also want to be honest with her and tell her what is happening to you, or where you are at in your life's development. Instead of calling your self a CD or transgendered (unless that is what you consider yourself), maybe just explain that you enjoy dressing in female clothing and leave the details for another moment. Talk slowly and make sure you stop occasionally to make sure that you to not over talk, nor over explain the situation. Once she starts talking and maybe asking questions, you can get a better feel how she is handling it. Good luck.

NatalieM
02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
So I didn't end up telling my mom about everything. The moment I was going to tell her, my brother walked into the room, and didn't feel like having to tell them both at the same time, so maybe some other time.

BUT, I did end up telling my brother, after my mom had went to sleep and he was really cool and understanding about it. He's sort of got the same "whatever, i don't give a damn" personality as I do. Which made it a bit easier to tell him. So ended up having a night I thought I was gonna be upset about turned into a pretty good one!

~Natalie

TG_Nicole
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Well first off congratz! I know it can be hard coming out to people we trust but the more you do it the easier it gets. I wish you luck with your mom it sounds to me like you have a very positive family there that will support you through this.

Bunny Girl Zoe
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Kind of in same boat as you as i'm still to tell mom just trying find right time. So can't realy advice you on best way to bring it up.

DonnaT
02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Go for it, Natalie.

I told my mom and she's been great with it.

Shelly Preston
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Natalie

Read the link in my signature first

A lot of the info will be useful

kimdl93
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Natalie, it seems that if it went that well with your brother, your mom should be fairly easy to approach. And I would think that you could address it with her pretty much the same way.

So I didn't end up telling my mom about everything. The moment I was going to tell her, my brother walked into the room, and didn't feel like having to tell them both at the same time, so maybe some other time.

BUT, I did end up telling my brother, after my mom had went to sleep and he was really cool and understanding about it. He's sort of got the same "whatever, i don't give a damn" personality as I do. Which made it a bit easier to tell him. So ended up having a night I thought I was gonna be upset about turned into a pretty good one!

~Natalie