PDA

View Full Version : How many of you ???

Presh GG
02-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi,
How many of you actively keep this forum a secret from your wife or SO and why?

Thanks,
Presh GG

marlacd
02-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Thats a REALLLY GOOD question! My SO does know that I am on this website. But, I don't think that she has looked at it, at all. And since she does not know my password, I don't think that she would look. Now, I have posted some photos on this site, (And another) all self taken. The reason for that is that you now know what I look like. For some reason, responses,on comments, along with people wanting to contact you, go hand in hand with photos.
I don't think that my wife would approve of my posted photos, because she is a rather private person. On her facebook page she fought me and her friends about posting her pix on the site. I think its because she doesn't want to be recognised out in public. And I'm sure that she'd flip out if she saw my photos because she would be afraid that I might be recognised. I, on the other hand doubt that would happen. I know that I look different, in drab. Now one day, this may come out. And when it does, The S__T will hit the fan. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Me being on this site helps me. And my wife is on SO websites, too. Thats her business. And I am NOT going to nose in on whats hers. And, I expect, and get that same consideration.

Danielle76
02-17-2010, 03:57 AM
I most definitely hide this site from my wife, as I do the fact that I crossdress at all. She has no clue, and I hope she never does!

noeleena
02-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Hi..
For me its a open book & if Jos could use this computer & read all my posts on all the forums i am on i would be more than pleased if she did . because Jos could be on the s o.s & partners sections as well
Theres no secrets in our home not any more .

...noeleena...

allisonrn06
02-17-2010, 04:55 AM
I ddi hide the fact that I was a member on this site from my wife, until I found that she had accpeted me as a CD. Now that she's cool with it, she knows I'm on here on a daily basis and she has no problem with it.

Aaron Zwidling
02-17-2010, 06:18 AM
I don't hide it, but don't go out of my way to emphasize it either. My wife has seen questions from the site once or twice but never surfed the site itself.

Nicola2876
02-17-2010, 06:41 AM
I hide it because I'm in the closet as far as my cding goes

Kimmy55
02-17-2010, 06:53 AM
I tried to get my wife to join this forum

Sarah_K
02-17-2010, 07:10 AM
I came out to my wife a few weeks ago and also told her I'd give her some links at some point. She had the typical reactions and then all seemed better until this past week when I gave her 2 links - one to a wikipedia page explaining my 'hobby' and one to this site... but I'm not sure if she has joined or looked or not.

To be clear, I classify myself more as a "transvestive fetishist" than a full cross dresser because at this point in my journey, it's all about the sexual gratification and it coud be as simple as wearing a bra, forms, and tight shirt that does the trick.

So now she is back having a hard time with things - and I understand that - but I fear that she is not going to get over it. I don't know how to broach it with her though because every time I try she gets defensive and doesn't want to talk about it - or at least appears that way. The ironic part of all this is that she does not want to have sex with me now until she gets her hands around it - and I'm dying here because I have such the hots for her (love that girl!) - and what she doesn't seem to understand (either because she just can't come to grips or she has not checked out the links) is that the "transvestive fetishism" that I have could be minimized by her fulfilling my fantasies and dressing like I want her to and having sex with me! This doesn't mean I always want her to dress like that - it's just sometimes.

Perhaps this was not the right thread for this but in any case, it's out there :)

Raychel
02-17-2010, 07:19 AM
My wife knows everything, She knows about the forum. But to the best of my knowledge she has never loked at it. I wish she would. I am sure that it would answer any questions that she may have.

On the other hand it may raise some questions that she hasn't thought up yet. :daydreaming:

tamarav
02-17-2010, 07:24 AM
My wife is fully aware of everything I do, including the posts on this forum. since her world is not centered around corssdressing, she sometimes thinks it can get a bit silly.

Many times she will comment on photos of members, she has met many CDs over the years and she uses my services so she is very accepting.

NatashaCD
02-17-2010, 07:28 AM
I have just recently entered a relationship she knows what i do from the word go as i was on one of those online dating sites as Natasha weve known each other for about 12 months now and we just met in person for the first time on tuesday the day went extremely well we had a great time and lots of laughs I am hoping to tell her about this site in the not to distant future and I do hope she joins.

thechic
02-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi There
Yes i keep this forum a secret from my wife because i just cant handle the hassle the wife gives me about what i cant stop doing.:tongueout
but have started to not clear the history so maybe deep down i want here to find out about the forum.

Geneva

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44936757@N07/

Jannette H
02-17-2010, 07:53 AM
She knows I crossdress but she doesn't know about this forum. Hope it stays that way

bron
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM
I am the same as jannette.....my partner, with whom i don't live with knows i am a cd......wants nothing to do with it. I think she suspects i spend a lot of time here tho.

Joanne f
02-17-2010, 10:03 AM
I do not keep this a secret from my wife , in fact she has just been looking at what i was up to on here but has now left the room so i can answer the other bit that i do keep a secret (in a way).
My wife has no problem with me going on here providing i do not answer or message other females so yes i have to cover that up some times (OK lie):devil:

Shari
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm with Sarah K as far as my dressing goes.

Transvestic fetishism best describes me, and Mrs. Shari accepts me as only that.
She doesn't want a sister, she wants a husband and I am happy to comply.
I'm sure that if she knew I frequented here, there would be problems.

I've been out to her over two years and we have a lot of fun. I'm going to keep it that way and keep this site and my activities here out of her life.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Janet K.
02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
My wife does not know that I am on this site or that I crossdress. I would rather keep it that way to avoid the conflict that would result from her finding out. I am positive that she would divorce me if she found out. I have no doubts.

Raquel June
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
My SO knew all about me and my issues before we were even together, and she is totally OK with it so much so that she injects estrogen in my butt every two weeks, but I still don't like to advertize how much time I spend obsessing over transgender forums, YouTube channels, etc.

The Internet is wonderful in many ways but also a major vice in many ways. It helps crazy people meet other crazy people, and meeting people with your same problems is not a good way to get to the truth of what actually is a problem and what isn't. This forum specifically helps people immensely, but it is also a poor substitute for actual communication, friends, therapy, or whatever. Socially, we'd all be better off meeting people IRL. As far as support, we'd all be better off with something more legitimate than semi-anonymous folks we met on the 'Net.

So while I'm not embarrassed of my online friends, I am somewhat embarrassed of using time that could be spent doing something more constructive or at least more fun. As a particularly self-conscious and anxiety-ridden person, it's just another way of shutting myself in and pretending I'm dealing with my issues when I'm actually just avoiding them.

Jenny Beth
02-17-2010, 11:02 AM
No secret here, my wife not only knows I am on this forum but it is saved as one of my favourites and she is just one click away from logging on if she cares to. But she doesn't, she really has no interest in forums of any sort, in fact all she uses this thing for is keeping in touch with family and friends.

Meg East
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
My wife accepts my crossdressing but I have kept this forum from her because everyone needs a private place to vent.

StephanieH
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
My wife knows about this forum and has full access to my account - wouldn't have it any other way. Been married fifteen years, this is about trust. If you have to hide something this major from your wife, you're going to land in trouble eventually. Just my opinion...

God bless! :)

sonna
02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I hide everything about crossdressing from my wife. she cought me once
and said it was (ok) , then she said shed divorce me if i did again. i love
my wife so back in the closet i went.

Alice Torn
02-17-2010, 11:22 AM
My SO's are two cats, so, i hope they don't mind. I think they get jealous, though, and block the screen.

EnglishRose
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
My wife knows I go on this forum regularly. As far as I know, she doesn't visit and hasn't expressed an interest in doing so.

Gillian
02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
This place remains hidden from my wife as does my cross dressing however, I think she is very much aware I do it but cannot fathom how or when.

minalost
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
My wife knows about my crossdresing, and even knows that I read forums like this one. She doesn't know that I have an active account here, but I would tell her if she asked. I've suggested she join a support group, but she's just too private a person. I know that it might come up in the future, so I'm somewhat careful of what I post here.
:hugs:

Melinda G
02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Here's a little suggestion that may help a little. Instead of having Crossdressers.com in your favorites, click on Edit, and change the name to something benign, or guy stuff, like Allied Tools, or NASCAR stats. A snooping SO will be less likely to click on something like that. It will still bring you to this site, and you can always claim it's some kind of computer error.

You can also Edit your history settings, to delete all history on shutdown, or a day later.

PretzelGirl
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
My approach with my wife has been to always let her know anything that can be seen as significant or even slightly so. I feel this has been a great help in her acceptance in that she probably never feels I am hiding something from her. So she not only knows I get on here, but she is a member of the FAB Forum. Now she hasn't been on in a while, but life has been happening and I think she will be back.

Elizebeth
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
My wife does not know of this site and if she did I doubt she would go on. She know I dress but does not want to know anything about it.

liz007
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
my wife knows about my crossdressing and is ok about it, but she would not be happy about the site.

Jenny Beth
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Here's a little suggestion that may help a little. Instead of having Crossdressers.com in your favorites, click on Edit, and change the name to something benign, or guy stuff, like Allied Tools, or NASCAR stats .

That only works on the surface so to speak. If you hold the cursor over a favourite that has been renamed for more than a few seconds the actual site information is still there.

MonicaJean
02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
She doesn't know about this place. If she found out, I would have hell to pay.

Brandi Wyne
02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Perhaps it might be like why do you not use your real name here? I guess we all have something to keep as our little secret. Even if I were outed to my wife and she were very supportive, this would be MY place to go, not our place to go.

sherri52
02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm no longer married but I have the forum on all the time and my friends have come into my store and seen me on it. They don't ask, I don't tell.:heehee:

cdgail
02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
My wife know as supports my crossdressing and read the forum with me Pam has learned all kinds of thing about crossdressing from this forum. I feel very lucky that my wife is so understanding

Missy
02-17-2010, 08:50 PM
my wife knows i read tread on this form
she also knows about my crossdressing
i do not keep any scerets from her
this way nothing can come up later as a surprise

Roberta Lynn
02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
My wife has know about this forum since I've joined.
She will occasionally look over my shoulder when I'm on and surfing the threads.
I like to ask her opinion on certain threads. That opens up the door for discussion and gives us a better understanding of each others thoughts and this whole CDing thing.

Babette
02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
There are no secrets in this relationship. My wife and I routinely discuss many of the threads after I read them to her. I gave up convincing her to use the computer for herself.

Babette

TxKimberly
02-17-2010, 09:58 PM
It would never occur to me to keep it a secret from my wife. Hell, I wish she would join just so I could brag her up a bit. LOL

Tina L.
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
My so knows i dress but she doesn't know of Tina, i would like to keep it that way for now.

Tina L.

Tasha McIntyre
02-18-2010, 05:47 AM
My gorgeous wonderful wife is a member here :) I think communicating with others in her position is helping her deal with my cd'ing.

DonnaT
02-18-2010, 08:20 AM
I do and I don't.

She knows about the first trans forum I joined, and she even joined but didn't post. However, she doesn't like that I am on that forum because she says I spend too much time on there. I don't really, especially when were home at the same time. Perception, I reckon.

So I've never told her about the other 3 trans forums. However, if she wants to know, it's there in the bookmarks under "Talk." She's quite computer savvy.

Presh GG
02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Thank you all.
You have been wonderfully open and candid !

I wish you all well on you journeys.

Presh gg

Stacy L
02-20-2010, 11:24 PM
I sent my wife an email with a link to this site several weeks ago but I don't think she has visited yet. :sad:

StaceyJane
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
When I was in the closet I used to visit the forum while my wife was asleep in the same room.
Now I'm out of the closet and I'm still online here while she's asleep but I don't have to worry about her waking up and seeing what I'm up too.

Jenniferpl
02-21-2010, 05:24 AM
My wife is aware of this site but has shown little interst in joining.

charlen
02-21-2010, 06:17 AM
my wife knows about this site and has put a thread on here.

diane51
02-21-2010, 06:29 AM
I made my wife aware of this site and suggested she give it a try but so far I don't think she has visited us.

Diane Douglas
02-21-2010, 10:41 AM
My wife knows about my crossdressing and is not accepting of it. She could find this site if she wanted to.

Samantha Thomson
02-21-2010, 11:14 AM
my so knows im here she suports me even come on w me at times i guess you could call us wife and wife lol

Ruth
02-21-2010, 12:58 PM
My wife knows I visit this site and thinks I'm just timewasting - but she feels that internet forums in general are a waste of time - so I'm not sure if she disapproves of CDers.com because it's a CDer site or just because it's an online forum.
I may have mentioned that she is not over enthusiastic about having Ruth around the house.

weekend woman
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
No wife, no SO, no problems.

Kaz
02-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry, I am one those mad English people who don't open up as much as I maybe should do! My SO and I don't discuss this side of me at all, but it is generally "accepted" as long as it isn't "in her face" - though that is also an assumption. I love and respect her a lot and her happiness is far more important to me than my "needs".

So no, she doesn't know... but then again she might... if she's worked out who I am (?)... and if she visits the site... to be honest I think she has more important things to focus on! And I have no problem with that...

Right now I am away for three nights and am one of those peole who brings endless cases into their room (my wardbrobe!)... She is happy for me to be away, so am I. She always gives me "space" to pack the car (and upack it) without her seeing what is going on. She is also happy for me to come home!

The relationship kinda works, and whilst this is not really on message for this thread, I know lots of you will be urging me to talk with her and get it all out in the open.

Why don't I?... because it might be a step too far for her (and me... maybe!)...

:straightface:

Kaz xx

JenniferR771
02-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Janice disapproves of my cding. She has known about this site for at least a year. She keeps checking my history--LOL! She gets very angry if i clear my history. So i don't bother to clear it. She usually insists that I close the link as soon as she comes into the room. I close it slow as I want her to read a few lines and get used to the idea that we are not particularly weird. So far she has read about 2 or 3 posts in the last year.

Jessica S
02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
My wife knows that I crossdress and supports me. She knows I am on this site and has looked as some of the posting while I surf.

DaisyG
02-21-2010, 10:05 PM
I would certainly have let her know about my visiting this forum, but my wife passed away a few months before I found crossdressers.com. I am sure I would have shared with her various posts I thought would have been of particular interest. :)

I believe that once familiar with this forum, she would have joined. Likely she would have been a better contributor than I. She was a writer, a novelist, and had such a good insight into what makes people tick. She was also quite non-judgemental, could see and write about people for who they are, not how they "should be". :hugs:

Daisy :love:

serinalynn
02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
My wife knows about this website and knows I post here.

LisaAlexander
02-22-2010, 06:04 AM
My girlfriend knows even tho it never comes up in conversation.. when she shows me some clothes she likes I sometimes mentione how I like it also, even for me. Her acceptance is basically I'm ok with it but it's still weird to me. Anyways, I dont tell her about the site but my main reason is not because I dress but because shes über jelaous and I am certain she would think that I want to be with some of you.. especially those that I befriend:straightface: and besides.. she's gonna see all the clothes I've stolen from her hahaha