PDA

View Full Version : Two Days Worth of Thrift Store Buys

Daphnie-Duck
08-10-2005, 01:56 AM
I promised myself a few days ago that I would take a break from shopping for girly clothes for a while. But I've been a bad girl the past couple days during my thrift store trips. Ah well, I'm sure I can make up for it by getting around to doing a few auctions tomorrow. Anyway, here's my haul from the past 2 days:

Monday: Could not pass up this cute plaid mini skirt at Value Village. It's a little longer than I normally prefer, but it was just too cute to not grab. Plus, until I get around to getting it hemmed, I can at least sorta roll the waistband a bit to shorten it some.

Today: After reading the Cheerleader Uniform thread, I found myself wanting a cheerleader skirt myself. Today was the day. I found this sweet little black pleated sheerleader skirt at Value Village. It had short sewn in, but I went ahead and cut them out, so I could wear my favorite panties with it. Unfortunately, I ended up breaking the zipper on the hip. I was able to get it to zip up just fine when I tried it on at Value Village. But when I got it home, I could no longer get the zipper to stay up, and it eventually broke. At least the skirt has belt loops, so I can keep it up and closed with a belt, until I get around to fixing the zipper and losing a couple inches around the waist. :p

At Goodwill today, I found this cute, white denim minidress. And miracle of miracles, it was short enough to meet my standards. Plus, it is easy to put on. Instead of having an annoying zipper in the back, it has buttons on the shoulder straps and on the sides.

Then also at Value Village, I found what is now my most favorite skirt ever in the preteen girls' section. Surprisingly, it was stretchy enough at the waist to fit me, and being designed for a young girl, it is short enough to again meet my standards. :D

Finally, back to Monday, I scored these nice size 10 sandals at Vinnie's. They are really a tad too small and my feet keep almost sliding out. But I'm hoping the front straps will eventually stretch out just enough to make them finally fit perfectly.

And now I can finally put a halt to this mad spending (unless I find something else cute and sexy tomorrow or Thursday).

KathrynTX
08-10-2005, 07:23 AM
OMG I love shopping at thrift stores! They're where I have found the vast majority of my femme clothes. We have a lot of good ones in my area, the best being Thrift Town.