PDA

View Full Version : Had to come out to my musical group....funny story

Mandy Burgundy
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I sometimes play classical guitar in chamber groups or quartets, something I just love doing. So I had a arranged the 3 other members to meet for a session. Like a dumb ditz, I forgot to do a final check for any items left out. One of them noticed a g-string left out at the foot of the bed, and not the kind you Tune:doh:. Also a pair of heels. 1 of them knows that I'm single living alone so I couldn't say that I had a girlfriend. Maybe I coulda just said that i got lucky and had a craigslist encounter, but quick thinking wasn't in the moment. I told them I'm sorta involved in the transgendered community and showed them a picture of me. Reactions were quiet, a wrinkled forehead, and a smile and a comment, "wow, you look great as a woman". But they didn't seem to mind at all :)After that we just got down to brass tacks. Hopefully It won't affect my position in the group. (i'll keep you posted). It's hard to put into the words the feelings and reactions, so l'll et this video sorta explain what happened (minus the gay references).

pf9oD_xl8mI

Kim_Bitzflick
02-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Good that they were mostly OK with it.

I Love that video. I also love TNG.

Brandi Wyne
02-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Little did they know that Captain Janeway was really Mr. Crusher in a great outfit.:eek:

I guess it's a good thing that most musicians are tolerant of little whimsys.:devil:

DiannaRose
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I think it's great that you were open with your group, Mandy. Hiding comes easy to (many of) us...letting people see the real you was a big step, I bet! Well done!

Rachel Morley
02-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes, do keep us informed. Lets hope that it all works out well. Btw .. that STNG thing is absolutely awesome! :) I've never seen anything like that before. I don't know who did it, but it's really funny! :)

Cathytg
02-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Hey! that's what makes it so interesting.