PDA

View Full Version : CDing in the way of helping a friend

dann
02-18-2010, 11:47 PM
So I'm living the first year of my life completely on my own when i can dress pretty much whenever I darn well feel like it. I've gotten use to it. I really don't do it all that often. Maybe once or twice a month. More if my girlfriend is around cuz she loves it, but she lives 3 hours away so our times together are sort of limited.
At any rate, I recently openned up my door to the guitarist in my band becuase he'd been having marital troubles and needed a place to stay. It was only suppose to be for a couple of weeks at first, but then it became appearant that it was going to last longer than that. I'm out to my family, but none of my non-cd friends know about my cding. Nobody in my band does. Bottom line is, I feel kind of bad that becuase I'm not ready to lay it all out on the table to my close friends, cding became a consideration in whether i can continue to help out my friend. Don't get me wrong, there are other factors to consider. This person has no job currently and right now I can't afford another mouth to feed, looking for work myself and supporting my son. I would never put the guy out in the cold. He did have "less convenient" possibilities to stay at his mother's.
It's like I just wanted to tell him "dude, I'm a crossdresser and when my GF is in town get use to the freak show". It just doesn't seem that simple.
What would you all do?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
CDing isn't getting in the way of you helping a friend, your closet is. You have to make the choice, is it more comfortable for you to be able to remain closeted from this group or to be able to dress how you please in your home. I do think that if you're willing to trust someone enough to let them stay in your home for an extended period of time then you should be willing to let them know about this part of yourself.

Lucy_Bella
02-18-2010, 11:59 PM
A friend in need is a friend indeed, ....But...... A girlfriend in need and she likes that you dress... If it were me I'd say Mom brought you in the world mom can take care of ya..Later...

Alice Torn
02-19-2010, 12:05 AM
You are a prince among men! It is tough enough putting up a person, when not a dresser, but, sacrificing it, helping a down and out man, is extremely noble. I put up homeless people i knew, years ago, before my dressing, and. it was tough. I wonder if your fellow there, could stay part time at his mom's place, giving you time alone.

Presh GG
02-19-2010, 03:30 AM
I like Louise's Idea.
If you don't want to tell him you are TG, just tell him you need alone time sometimes [with or without your girlfriend].

I also want to tell you, I think you are a good,kind friend.
Presh GG

wanda jackson
02-19-2010, 03:49 AM
More like "dude, my girlfriend is comin' to town...and we need some time alone on Friday and Saturday night. You can come back on Sunday, no problem".

Karren H
02-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Well. Imho, sometimes you need to sacrifice to help a friend... Over all it makes you a better person for it... Also imho.