PDA

View Full Version : Guys who are into facial hair

Abraxas
08-10-2005, 06:02 AM
I've just made a great discovery. It's the L'oreal Double extender mascara thing, with white on one end and whatever other colour you want on the other.
Use the end with the white on it in an upward motion to stiffen your "peach fuzz" up, and then wait a few seconds for it to dry, and then apply the darker stuff. It works great for a 5- o'clock shadow look and really looks authentic if you do it right (make sure you don't smudge it or actually get any on your face). If you mess up, I find it useful to have a Q-Tip handy, moisten an end, and use that to clean up your mistakes, so you don't have to start all over.
I'm not sure if it comes in a waterproof variety, but that would probably be better, cos people sweat, it rains, etc.
Do try it out...
I'll put a picture up when I do it again, so you can see the effect's realism.

Anybody else have fun, cheap ideas for facial hair that have worked in your experience?

morgantoy25
08-10-2005, 07:56 AM
well see eddie i actully have a full mustash and a wannabe go t
but in my favor have a diffrent hormonal imbalance,
but what i suggest that worked for my friend is she shaved every day for like a month and then stoped and it looks like she was 14 yr old boy hitting puberty

Tamara Croft
08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybelline do a similiar product. It's called Maybelline XXL Volume & Length Mascara and there is also a waterproof variety ;) It's only available in black.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1057640

Abraxas
08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks, Tamara. Always trust a girl to know about the latest mascaras, eh?
I knicked mine from my mum! (Of course, with her permission)

And, Morgan, I've been shaving for a few months and got nothing other than my hair being a bit more spikey, but still completely transluscent. Pain in the arse, but, hey, I like shaving. It's odd, actually, because while my natural hair colour is very near to black (my brows and lashes are actually jet black) my body hair (excluding pitts and pubes) is blond (darker on my legs but not thicker).

Thanks though-- it might work for someone else.

morgantoy25
08-10-2005, 02:58 PM
well crap lol ummmmmm
there are hormones you can by without doc junk

Abraxas
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Problem is, I can't really do the hormone thing-- I'm a musician and very much a singer and I will not do anything that could potentially mess up my voice.
And, I'm not in the greatest of health anyway.
There are a number of reasons I can't/ won't do T... Perhaps sometime in the future, but I just want sideburns and a bit of a deeper voice, really. Maybe add a half octave to the bottom of my range but keep the rest just as it is. Too bad you can't pick and choose, eh?

morgantoy25
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
well that does present a problem huh! well then the makeup is an awsome choice :cool:

Abraxas
08-11-2005, 02:17 AM
:)
Yeah... I will get around to posting a pic or two eventually...
Weird thing is, though, since I started shaving more regularly it takes SO much longer for the hair to grow in than it used to...
Here's one picture, actually, that I took several months ago, that sort of illustrates the sideburns thing (my facial hair isn't nearly as long now, so it looks a bit different)...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/DemianAbraxas/Me/meadobe3.jpg

Abraxas
08-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Here we go!
Of course, they do look slightly different in person (darker and thicker)...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/DemianAbraxas/Me/sideburns1crop.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/DemianAbraxas/Me/sideburns2crop.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/DemianAbraxas/Me/sideburns3crop.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/DemianAbraxas/Me/sideburns5crop.jpg

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Duuuude, you rock. You first pic especially looks very convincing.

Abraxas
08-11-2005, 06:00 PM

Abraxas
08-19-2005, 04:54 AM
A full beard? Jeez, that one's tough. The mascara thing wouldn't work for that.
If you've got the time, patience, and are well coordinated, you can get real hair or other products that look like real hair (not sure exactly what, but there are things you can buy... something called crepe, I believe?) and carefully apply the stuff to your face with spirit gum after having trimmed it to the right length.
However, I imagine this could take hours and would be extremely tedious work.
If you're just looking for a 5 o'clock shadow and have dark hair and thick/ long facial "fuzz" the mascara thing could well work (although if you're going to be sweating it's probably a bad idea, even with waterproof).
If you're looking for just a mere hint of a beard, dark eyeshadow can work.
And if you're extremely artistic and aren't going to be looked at up- close, you could even draw a beard on with short strokes of an eyeliner pencil (again, make sure it's waterproof).
Fake facial hair could actually work, but you'd have to get very expensive stuff, perhaps from a professional costume shop that stocks film sets or something. I'd say this would definitely be the fastest and easiest way to go, but definitely not the cheapest. I suppose it depends on your priorities, your time frame, and your wallet.

What kind of performance are you doing?

Tone
08-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I was taking pictures of Clyde today and when I down loaded the pictures I wondered what I would look like with facial hair. I played around with the Microsoft Editor and this is what I came up with. I'm just an old hippie at heart. :p Cheak out the HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION FOR CD'S in the male to female forum. Wilma's rection she handed me the razor!!!!!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/pinkcheeks48/Clydeonmaskedx.jpg

Abraxas
08-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Looks kinda like my uncle lol
:D

Tone
08-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi Abaxis! I am proubly about the same age as your uncle. If I was a real guy I would proubly look like this. Due to Wilmas reaction when I E-miled this to her I think I'll tone it down abit ! :p

Puer
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I've just made a great discovery. It's the L'oreal Double extender mascara thing, with white on one end and whatever other colour you want on the other.
Use the end with the white on it in an upward motion to stiffen your "peach fuzz" up, and then wait a few seconds for it to dry, and then apply the darker stuff. It works great for a 5- o'clock shadow look and really looks authentic if you do it right (make sure you don't smudge it or actually get any on your face). If you mess up, I find it useful to have a Q-Tip handy, moisten an end, and use that to clean up your mistakes, so you don't have to start all over.
I'm not sure if it comes in a waterproof variety, but that would probably be better, cos people sweat, it rains, etc.
Do try it out...
I'll put a picture up when I do it again, so you can see the effect's realism.

Anybody else have fun, cheap ideas for facial hair that have worked in your experience?

I agree that the double ended mascara works well - I borrowed some to try it out. Problem is I can only find it in black at the moment and pure black sideburns look particularly stupid when you have mouse brown hair! :eek:

I used to have long hair and when I got a load cut off I kept the spare bit. I have been known to laboriously apply bits of it to my face using gum. It takes time and practise, but the final effect can be good. I discovered you need to use the right sort of glue - I tried it with Copydex (latex glue) one time and had a very painful time removing my 'burns. It was a bit like having a very bad waxing ... :eek: :eek: Fortunately the redness had faded before I had to go out the next morning - that would have been fun to explain if it hadn't!

We live and learn ..... :)

Puer
09-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Have now found a double ended mascara in brown. Hurrah!

xsideburnsx
10-29-2005, 05:06 AM
I use spirit gum and my own shavings from when I shave my head for my sideburns. Since I shave my head often with clippers, the hair is very very small. It works wonders for me.

#1. Apply the spirit gum in the shape of the sideburn I want.
#2. Use a blow dryer on cold setting for a 1 minute to dry it up a bit.
#3. Dab the sideburn area with pantyhose to get the shine out.
#4. Use an eyeshadow brush and dab the hair on.
#5. Brush away any hair that doesn't stick to your face and always brush the hair in the same direction or else it wouldn't look real.

It honestly takes me about 5-8 minutes to do this.