PDA

View Full Version : I need Some final encouragement

KatieEvans
02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi there as i've already said im 95% accepted im a cross dresser and i will be for life, but i just need to push myself that extra bit to get myself absolutely accepted and start dressing full head to toe and learn how to use make up propelly

Katie XxX

Kathi Lake
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Katie, we can give you plenty of encouragement, but that final bit HAS to come from you!

Good luck, sweetie!

Kathi

sherri52
02-19-2010, 07:41 PM
At 95% your there. Take a look at the girls on this site, doesn't that help you to want to look 100%.

ChainedJane
02-19-2010, 07:43 PM
This is how I think of it Katie: I am who I am, and if I feel like wearing a dress then damnit, I am someone who wears a dress. Be true to thine self, and look good doing it! Good luck on your journey, and if you find any good tips pass them along! ;)

gabimartini
02-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Katie, just take a deep breath, put on your best heels and work your way through the remaining 5%! Plus, it's not like you have an option anyway, or would you rather live in denial for the rest of your life?

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Raine
02-19-2010, 09:00 PM
I always keep a quote in my signature from Søren Kierkegaard, "To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself."

Give it a shot!

eileendover
02-19-2010, 10:41 PM
"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda.

Maybe just work on the 5% makeup as a separate learning experience. I never tried makeup when I was a teenager. So this time around, I spent several hours watching youtube videos to learn what products I needed and how to apply them, then ordered a bunch of stuff, and then just focused on trying to perfect a look I liked. I wasn't going for the whole 100% yet.

I'm still learning, but I find that makeup is definitely an art in itself.

Jenniferpl
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
It is all about the journey. Never look back and say could've, should've, or would've.

eluuzion
02-19-2010, 11:02 PM
"Trying to do something and failing is better than doing nothing and succeeding"
--William J. Knaus

I think an effective strategy is to just "pretend" to be whatever it is you want to be for a day in an environment where you are not recognized, and thus not judging things based on expectations.

Acting out the role as if you already are the person you desire to be. Then assess the results on your own at the end of the day. Try it again, etc. Before you know it, you will be that person. It is a mental game you play with yourself, which usually works very well in overcoming self doubt and procrastination.

Just a thought...

ThinkLess, ActMore...life is short :)

mklinden2010
02-20-2010, 12:30 AM
You either will or you won't do what you do as you go along.

No need to back up and make a run at it.

Life is already coming at you full steam...

If anything, brace yourself!

Andy66
02-20-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm not going to try to talk you into it or out of it, Katie. Different people do it differently. Do you want to wear makeup, wig, etc. or do you just want to wear the clothes, or maybe just underdress? Any way you do it is okay... as long as you're happy and being true to yourself. But experimenting could be fun. :hugs:

RobynBella
02-20-2010, 01:23 AM
You'll prob end up seeing that dress you HAVE to have, go get it, keep shopping, panties, bra, makeup and just GO FOR IT! That's how I finally got the hint that I can't fight to accept it or not. It's there, it's strong, it's who you are :]

Shananigans
02-20-2010, 01:28 AM
What's the 5% holding you back from being yourself?

Sarah Doepner
02-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Katie,
I agree you need to motivate yourself. Take a look in the mirror and decide who you really want to see there. Myself, sometimes I am perfectly satisfied to see a guy, but other times I am completely committed to see that girl, Sarah looking back at me. And don't be surprised if you find yourself changing your mind on occasion. We wouldn't have so many purge stories if that wasn't common among our group.
Good luck and give it your best, regardless of who you are or want to be, enjoy yourself.

marlacd
02-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Would you rather go through life wondering "what if?" GO! DO! ENJOY! Besides, as much as you may not want to admit it, you are already there. And in doing so, you may just free yourself up so that you'll be able to make other decisions in life. And not worry about being a CD.

DiannaRose
02-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Katie, what's the 5% that's got you stumped? What is is about what you do or what you want or what you are that's blocking you? Is it just makeup knowledge? To me it sounds like you're asking something different.

If you know you're nearly at complete self-acceptance, then you must have an idea of what about it you aren't accepting. Let us know, and we can help address the specific questions.

KatieEvans
02-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah im just a little scared... Tbh ive treid make up and photoshopped myself into long hair and i think i actually look like a girl, That makes me want to do it, but so afraid of people finding out..

Karen_Ski
02-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Katie, we can give you plenty of encouragement, but that final bit HAS to come from you!

Good luck, sweetie!

Kathi

I could get deep here but in reality Katie put it best and so short and sweet. Believe in yourself and the strength will cme to you sister. :love:

Kathi Lake
02-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I could get deep here but in reality Kathi put it best and so short and sweet. Believe in yourself and the strength will cme to you sister. :love:See?! I can write something short and sweet - something that doesn't take post after post. So, to those of you that think I can't be terse, neener neener!! :tongueout

:)

Kathi

Chari
02-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Great answers from previous posts. All through life, we make many choices. Regardless of the "packaging" we choose to wear, we must always be comfortable and confident with who we are.

Rachel_Red
02-21-2010, 04:11 AM
If you're serious about it I say go for it! Every part of your look that you put together will only build you up and make you feel better... well thats how its worked for me.

Rianna Humble
02-21-2010, 04:34 AM
Yeah im just a little scared... Tbh ive tried make up and photoshopped myself into long hair and i think i actually look like a girl, That makes me want to do it, but so afraid of people finding out..

The first thing I want to say is that it's OK to be afraid. It's what you do about it that will determine whether you are able to let yourself be yourself.

If you accept yourself - even 95% - you are a long way down the road to being free to be yourself. Just take it gently for the moment - these things have a way of setting their own pace. If you only feel right about dressing in private for now, then do that. If it is makeup and under-dressing then do that. As you become more comfortable with yourself, you will probably want to move on to something extra. And if you need any more moral support, we are here.

The other thing that I want to say is that you are a valued member of our family, so we all want you to feel free to love yourself.

Ms Deidre
02-21-2010, 04:37 AM
See?! I can write something short and sweet - something that doesn't take post after post. So, to those of you that think I can't be terse, neener neener!! :tongueout

:)

Kathi

Kathi, what you said was perfect and simple. Too bad so many of us try to out think issues. Thanks for showing us the way! :)