PDA

View Full Version : La Vida Loca/The Crazy Life - Part 2

Persephone
02-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Last month I described one of my crazy days (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123427).

The trend continues. Take today for example.

First thing in the morning I was off on my morning en femme run/walk around the neighborhood, complete with forms and a bra under my baby blue sweatsuit.

As soon as I returned home, eager to shower and move on to the next part of my day, the phone rang. It was one of my closest GG friends who lives in another area. She needed to talk about the really rough and nightmarish week she has had with another of her close friends who lost a child under very tragic circumstances. She'd been with them virtually all week and just needed to talk.

We talked for about ½ hour and my support was necessary, but it left me with precious little time to get ready for my 11 a.m. æsthetician appointment. I had about 30 minutes left to do one more close shave, shower, get dressed, do my makeup and hair, and head out the door. Whew! Made it!

Over the past couple of appointments I've moved from visits to that salon in "high androgyny" (pretty much everything femme except without a bra and forms and without foundation makeup) to full-on en femme. No-one has really reacted strangely or even commented to this transition, other than generic compliments about shoes or earrings or polish color kind of comments.

But, as I mentioned in another thread, Close Encounters of the 5th Kind (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126553), there is a weird problem with what I'm doing there as I’m still known there under my male name and I haven’t really made a point of changing it.

So, for all intents and purposes, with plenty of clients milling around, a woman (me) walks into the salon and everyone cheerfully greets her with a male name. Kinda weird! Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to handle that one! (Any suggestions?).

My æsthetician and I, along with two other staffers and a client, spend a pleasant hour chatting as I have my brows dyed (to get rid of a few gray hairs!), waxed and shaped.

As I'm getting ready to leave, one of the friendly hairdressers comes over and says, "I see you running every morning!"

Turns out she lives a couple of blocks from me and leaves for work at about the same time I head up the street. I guess it's good I run/walk en femme!

By noon I have to be at my next appointment, my manicure at a different salon. There I'm not typically seen en femme, but rather in "high androgyny."

So along the way it's off with my bra and forms. I debate about removing my foundatiion makeup and my brighter-than-usual lipstick, but decide what the heck, I'll just leave them on as is.

Which doesn't phase my manicurist in the least, but she tells me that one of my friends has the appointment after mine this week so I'll get a chance to visit with her too. Great! Only, uh, I'm not really "out" to this particular couple and the husband is one of those man's man, fierce misogynist types, even though she falls into my "category 4 type" (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126553) (those who only know us as men but who somehow communicate with our inner woman automatically).

Before she arrives I have to go over to the sink with a nail brush to wash off any loose acrylic and, while I'm there, I grab a paper towel and "tone down" my lipstick. The day is definitely walking along on the strange side of the sidewalk!

We finish my nails and chat while they dry and then "A" (my friend) arrives and we all drop into chat mode. Lots of topics including how my manicurist's daughter is having a bad day emotionally. My manicurist says "it's probably connected to her period starting," so we're into a discussion of periods, hormones, and moods for a while (I'm pretty quiet during this part).

Then the conversation takes off in other directions, what our children are doing, things we're all doing, and so on. Eventually "A"'s manicure and pedicure are finished and we all part. And I head home to prepare for an evening out en drab, trapped in a suit and tie.

La Vida Loca/The Crazy Life continues!

Phyliss
02-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Oh hum, I wouldn't say "crazy life" sounds like just another day for the BOTH of you.

Who needs to climb mountains or explore jungles for adventure? We can get plenty in our own neighborhood. Just takes a bit of effort and we can have loads of safe fun.

Persephone
02-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Oh hum, I wouldn't say "crazy life" sounds like just another day for the BOTH of you.

Who needs to climb mountains or explore jungles for adventure? We can get plenty in our own neighborhood. Just takes a bit of effort and we can have loads of safe fun.

Yes, I guess you're right, in the crazy world I've (we've?) patched together it was just one more "normal" day!

Maybe I need a way to make my "normal" more, uh, "normal"?

Kathi Lake
02-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey Persephone,

Why, exactly, do you call your life crazy? Sounds like a incredible bunch of fun to me. Acceptance from your spouse and friends, being out and about quite a lot. Sounds more like La Vida que es Bueno!

Kathi