PDA

View Full Version : do some ppl know and not say they know

boy2girl31
02-20-2010, 04:11 AM
I had a strange conversation with a friend today he was telling me about a friend of his who made a second myspace page under his assumed sex. Now I have 2 myspace pages one under male and one for female. My friend always has trouble talking about sensitive issues. I wonder if he knows about me and was hinting or if he has another friend like me. I will just have to ask him I know but has anyone else had a suspicion that they were outed but were not sure?

Renee_E
02-20-2010, 07:13 AM
People aren't always direct about what might be a sensitive issue. I have a gg friend who hints that she knows about me. I was shopping at Goodwill one day and the following day she told me her son was working at the same Goodwill as comunity service. Since then she has teased me about shopping for women's clothes. I can't pass ip the opportunity to play along and keep her wondering.

msniki48
02-20-2010, 09:27 AM
People aren't always direct about what might be a sensitive issue. I have a gg friend who hints that she knows about me. I was shopping at Goodwill one day and the following day she told me her son was working at the same Goodwill as comunity service. Since then she has teased me about shopping for women's clothes. I can't pass ip the opportunity to play along and keep her wondering.

Renee, if this is a good friend, and you feel comfortable enough to play with the idea...you might take the opportunity to tell her and make her part of your inner circle...we always need people we can actually talk to and express ourselves...i know i have done this...when she kids you... just say...you say it like its a bad thing and laugh...if she says its not a bad thing in her eyes...then you go from there.

just a thought:love:

B2G31,

I know exactly what you are talking about, there are plenty of people who are associated with people in my inner circle that know about me. i tell my neighbor, she tells her husband...and a few friends, who tell their husbands...she also tells me they all know, don't care, and still love me....but no one ever talks about it...EVER... hmmmmmm and if i hint that about it...they go totally silent....poker face.

So i just go on with the day...what can you do...it is what it is.

:love:

lisalove
02-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I suspect my best friend knows, as there has been way too many opportunities for him to not know. But I have no need to tell him about me.

Then one time. I was at a co worker's house and the boss was there too. the boss brought up the fact that someone at work was a crossdresser. There's only 10 of there, and none of the other guys fit the part, so I assumed he was talking about me. The subject changed pretty quickly, so I never found out if it was me he was talking about. There again. I had no need to tell about myself.

wanda jackson
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
I ended up having to admit my CDing to a close male friend through a letter (his wife, who was my friend, had already told him anyway) and he would rather have lit cigarettes put out on his eyelids than have to talk directly about it with me...but then when I'm watching TV with him and friends and an effeminate man comes on, he always says "girly man" or something to subtly let it be known how tolerant he really is.

But he's still my friend.

Karren H
02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I think more people do know and just don't care. And since they didn't tell me.. I don't know that they know... And I don't care if they know or not.

PretzelGirl
02-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I think more people do know and just don't care. And since they didn't tell me.. I don't know that they know... And I don't care if they know or not.

I agree. I think. Or should I not be telling you????? :idontknow:

I would like to add another group I suspect exists. Those who have figured it out or think they have, but they just don't know how to talk about it so they leave it alone out of awkwardness.

Karren H
02-20-2010, 07:19 PM
I agree. I think. Or should I not be telling you????? :idontknow:

I would like to add another group I suspect exists. Those who have figured it out or think they have, but they just don't know how to talk about it so they leave it alone out of awkwardness.

I think that you do know that I know that that you know you should agree!! :)

Nicole Erin
02-20-2010, 07:21 PM

Pretty much my thoughts.
People just don't care. The only time you can be sure they would react with any degree of shock is if you don't seem at all like the TG type.

Genifer Teal
02-21-2010, 09:59 PM
People may or may not know your whole situation and or may think they know, and could have it all wrong. Confused? Mee too. lol

One thing I do know is that people notice more than they may be willing to comment on. Hairless arms/legs, long nails and plucked eyebrows are some examples that come to mind. More than likely, people will notice these things and could begin to wonder. Whether or not they say anything is a different question.

Gen

boy2girl31
02-22-2010, 03:49 AM
I asked my friend about his friend and he told me it was someone I did not know. I pushed him a little by asking you sure what is his name? He said it's not important and changed the subject. I am really beginning to think it is me he was talking about but he seems too reluctant to discuss it even though he was the one who brought it up in the 1st place. Any ideas on how to broach the subject with him further?

boy2girl31
02-26-2010, 02:54 AM
well I tried asking about it again and still got no response. My friend is really nice and I think he would accept my dressing but do not know how to open up about it any suggestions?

Jenny Doolittle
02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
I think that it is not an issue for most open minded people to know that you are a cross dresser.

I think if they are related to you, or are such close friends with you that others may think badly of them is when it becomes an issue. But, as I said, if the person is open minded it will not be a issue. only those that tend to be closed minded have issues.

Perhaps this would be the perfect oppertunity to speak to him with your own opinion of crossdressing. I mean if he does not think you are a CD, you could provided him a very open minded opinion from another guy about the issue, allowing him to realize it is ok to be accepting.

Aleca
02-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I probably have been outed here on line. Just from people in the past searching for information about me, or from my Facebook page - and do believe a couple of the neighbors know but most people I think are going to respect a person's privacy and not say anything, especially if they can tell they are trying to hide it and don't want to upset them.

Stephanie Miller
02-26-2010, 10:57 AM
I know I was "caught" en femme by a very good friend. I was walking through the kitchen (before turning on the lights) one evening when a flashlight beam scanned the room past me and I saw him in the back yard. I quickly darted back into the bedroom and swapped clothes when the front door bell rang. I answered the door to him saying he was just picking up a generator we has talked about him borrowing. Not a thing has been brought up about what he saw or anything TG/CD related since. It's just been like it never happened.
So I think some people do indeed know but just don't NEED or want to talk about it. It's out of thier comfort zone. Or maybe it's thier way of denying it happened in order for them to go on with what is satisfactory in thier life (ie. friendship), because if they brought it up it has the potential of ruining the friendship. Remember, society has put pressure on them too to act a certain way against someone thats different.

jenifer m.
02-26-2010, 11:12 AM
good points stephanie.i go out side on my back patio to walk my dog every morning,and i go out in a pink robe,and pink fuzzy slippers.i know the man,and woman that live directly behind my house have seen me befor on several occasions ive even gone out there in skirts,and i saw the woman watching me one day,but they are always nice,and say hello whenever they see me.so they know about all the pink stuff i wear but never acted negitive towards me yet.i guess they really arent botherd by me.

docrobbysherry
02-26-2010, 11:19 AM
If my neighbors have seen Sherry outside during any of my dressing sessions, they'd probably think I have a pretty guest over.:heehee:

I'm at Goodwill so often, they'd probably tease me if I ever bought any MEN'S things! :brolleyes:

lavistaa62
02-26-2010, 11:22 AM
There's not chance that the "friend" is your friend himself is there? If he isn't aware you crossdress then maybe he could without your being aware of it. I'm guessing I must know people who crossdress, just statistically, but I haven't figured it out. Maybe he's taking the first step toward coming out to you?

sherri52
02-26-2010, 11:38 AM
There is always a chance that one or more of our friends have found out. Some don't know how to approach the subject and others don't even want to think about it. You'll have to beat around the bush to find out unless your brave and out yourself.

Missy811
02-26-2010, 04:32 PM
I live with my mom and sister while I'm in grad school and I am pretty sure my mom knows about missy

dilane
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Most of my friends know that I've fully dressed on occasion.

One of my close friends saw me once, but we've never spoken about it.

And of course, several friends know all about it.

My parents caught me several times when I lived at home and even sent me to a shrink -- but after that nothing was ever said.

I'm body hair-free, and have many running acquaintances, too. I'm in shorts all summer, too. But I do get a lot of compliments on my legs from women when I'm out running :)

So, yes, probably everyone close to me knows, and the rest only suspect!

I spend zero time thinking about it.

-- Diane

VikkiVixen7188
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I think sometimes that people know that Something is diferent, but they dont know exactly what it is.

janet p
02-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Years ago I was out bar hopping with a friend and some how the subject of underwear came up,my usual answer was to say I didn't wear any,and he looked at me and said why don't you be honest about it because we know what you wear but that was all that was said and nothing more. So I think he knew because at the time I was renting a room in his house.:doh::love:

boy2girl31
02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I suppose I will just have to out myself and see what he has to say i don't know how to find out if he knows any other way. I guess the big thing is is that he is a good friend and I hate to hide who I am to ppl close to me if I think they will understand. Still I wish I could figure out if he already knew b4 I tell him.

Jodi M
02-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Secret Squirrel is on the case right now! Sorry hope no one was offended. just thought this thread needed a little humor in it. I myself know there are people in my community that know I have dressed in the past and I don't know who they are and There is no use worrying about something I have no control over. My ex can't keep a thing like that private.

Rianna Humble
02-28-2010, 06:01 AM
I suppose I will just have to out myself and see what he has to say i don't know how to find out if he knows any other way. I guess the big thing is is that he is a good friend and I hate to hide who I am to ppl close to me if I think they will understand. Still I wish I could figure out if he already knew b4 I tell him.

Perhaps you could open the subject by saying something like "I've been thinking about what you said the other day, isn't it great that you know two people who have different myspace accounts for their male and female sides?"

boy2girl31
03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Well this matter is over as my friend brought a friend of his over to the house today and his friend has seen me dancing at a local bar. His friend asked me "I know you you dance at the Skunk as Jen right?" So I said yes that's me. My friend didn't belive it so I showed him my myspace page and he said "ok who's the hottie" when I showed him the rest of the pics on the page he was totally shocked he then showed me his other friend's page the one he was talking about when I thought he meant me. :doh: It all turned out ok because his friend that recognised me is a gay man and they are good friends and he seems to be ok with me as well. Big plus is his friend was flirting with me a bit so we will see how that goes. :daydreaming:

kimdl93
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
My x took it upon herself to out me to my kids, other family, neighbors, friends, and co-workers. A few already knew, but the majority only mentioned it in the context of what my crazy x was telling people. Since that time, not a word has been mentioned. All I can guess is that most just don't care if I CD or not, some didn't believe it, and some are in denial.

Sweet Cindy
03-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Many years ago we had a guys night out and everyone crashed at my place.

In my drunken stupor, I decided I'd sleep in my favorite red satin chemise.

There's a good chance one or two of my best friends would've checked on me at some point in the night or early morning to make sure I was ok.

If they did, I never heard a word about it.

jenifer m.
03-11-2010, 10:58 AM
i dont know if this counts but my wifes sister knows about me and as far as i know shes never told anybody else.

victoriamwilliams1
03-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I think people know and they just keep it to themselves, I have 3 facebook accounts with one in Victoria's name and here is the funny part. I have family who are in the GLBT community and one of them is a member of a Transgender Friends group which I cannot remember the name now.

So I checked his friends list to make sure we do not overlap and since I have a cartoon image of myself to the public I am not worried. However in some of my photos I look just like my mom did so this could get interesting.

sometimes_miss
03-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Sure, there are probably plenty of people who suspect us. But most like to avoid confrontation, so they just let it go. Others probably just don't care.