PDA

View Full Version : Friendship

Nigella
02-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Sandra and I have been fortunate to meet a few members of this site, some of which have developed into good friendships.

As a consequence of a break up, one of the members was worried that we would lose each other as friends, maybe because our friendship was built upon our mutual membership of this forum.

It was made clear that we did not become friends solely because of this forum but as a mutal respect for each other. I believe that this friendship is very strong and could easily survive the loss of this forum as a reason for getting together.

Anyway, has anyone else formed friendships via this site that transcends the transgendered community? Do you believe that the friendship is strong enough to survive a loss of the forum?

Deborah Jane
02-20-2010, 11:52 AM
I have made several good friends since joining this forum and even married one of them :love:

I think the stronger friendships have developed further, since after meeting those friends, I have found we have a lot more in common than just our memberships here and we would survive the loss of the forum easily.

This forum made it possible to meet these friends initially, we have built on that to become true friends :hugs:

Kate Simmons
02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Absolutely. I have many dear friends I have met here and who will always remain dear friends.:)

Sandra
02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Like Nigella has said we've made friends here, whilst initally we met with the cding aspect being in the forefront, those friendships now revolve round everyday things and all that life can throw at us ....so would they last the loss of this forum hell yes of course they would.

sherri52
02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I have a couple of online friendships that I got on this forum that I still talk to numerous times a day without the forum. Our converstaions do not include the forum. Does this count?

Daintre
02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I would hope that a few of the friendships that I have nurtured here would translate into a continued friendship if one left. I believe the forum is a vehicle that brings us together, but it is our feelings for each other can fosters a friendship.

KimberlyJo
02-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Do you believe that the friendship is strong enough to survive a loss of the forum?

Sure, there's always Facebook :)

Alice Torn
02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Another question. Would you stay friends, even if you or they quit dressing? I would think so.

Loni
02-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I have only just met a couple gals here, and I do hope that they do become friends that can go beond the web.

Loni

Nigella
02-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Another question. Would you stay friends, even if you or they quit dressing? I would think so.

Yep already been there :D

AllieSF
02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I have made some excellent friends from this site. Friends because we have met and our personalities and our styles have complimented each other. We meet up and go out together (like this last week) whenever we can, which now has nothing to do with this site. most of these friends are travelers who happen to regularly travel to this area on business. I just wished that they lived closer. Thus, this site has given us the opportunity which we have seized. The rest is up to us.

Sandra
02-20-2010, 04:01 PM

Of course I'd stay friends. Our friendships aren't based on cding, so it wouldn't matter.

Sheila
02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Sandra and I have been fortunate to meet a few members of this site, some of which have developed into good friendships.

As a consequence of a break up, one of the members was worried that we would lose each other as friends, maybe because our friendship was built upon our mutual membership of this forum.

It was made clear that we did not become friends solely because of this forum but as a mutal respect for each other. I believe that this friendship is very strong and could easily survive the loss of this forum as a reason for getting together.

Anyway, has anyone else formed friendships via this site that transcends the transgendered community? Do you believe that the friendship is strong enough to survive a loss of the forum?

I am the friend Nigella is talking about in her OP, and yes I was worried that I may lose what was a friendship formed originally from the connection we had made here on the forum ............ :doh: silly silly me ........... while the initial roots of friendship were formed in the first few months, with love, laughter and a few tears, those tiny roots have grown into a powerful tree of friendship and branches from our sapling start are now sprouting all around the trunk.

Not only have we formed a close friendship, I have come to regard both Sandra and Nigella as family, so close that Nigella was one of my witnesses at when D**** and I married last year :)

Sandra I regard as a sister I would have chosen (as well as my RL sister), there are very, very few people in my life that I have allowed to get as close to me as those wonderful peeps.

There are several others on site that have become not just friends, but close friends, Shelly along with my son played an important part in our recent marriage when she walked me to meet D***** to begin our ceremony :)

Felix from here Debs and I have met a few times and when we do the ~Debs and Sheila ceremony, will be my best man :)

Sandra on that occasion will be one of Deb's witnesses :)

would our friendship survive without the forum ............... not a doubt about it .............. would the friendships survive if any of us were no longer involved in our lifestyle, without a doubt they would, TG'ism was the reason for the initial common interest, but our friendships have spread far beyond that :)

Tamara Croft
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm sure they would... besides, I have lots of your phone numbers and addresses... I can always stalk you by snail mail or phone :devil:

Kieron Andrew
02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm sure they would... besides, I have lots of your phone numbers and addresses... I can always stalk you by snail mail or phone :devil:

*changes my number and moves home* :heehee:

Tamara Croft
02-22-2010, 08:39 PM
*changes my number and moves home* :heehee:Oh... well that's just mean... so... not sharing creme eggs.. and now moving and changing number... *shakes head and wanders away into the night feeling totally and utterly rejected* :cry:

:violin:

Kieron Andrew
02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh... well that's just mean... so... not sharing creme eggs.. and now moving and changing number... *shakes head and wanders away into the night feeling totally and utterly rejected* :cry:

:violin:

awww!! :hugs::itsok: i was just playing...you know id tell you where i was...besides you never text me anyway lol

Tamara Croft
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
awww!! :hugs::itsok: i was just playing...you know id tell you where i was...besides you never text me anyway lolI don't text anyone lol... well not as much as I used to, this stupid touch screen phone gets on my nerves lol...

Anyway, I think we just hijacked Nigellas thread :eek: ohhhhhh we're gonna get seriously slapped :D

Kieron Andrew
02-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Anyway, I think we just hijacked Nigellas thread :eek: ohhhhhh we're gonna get seriously slapped :D
oops! :doh: good job we both like being slapped lol

Anyway, Friendships...yeah i have a few offline friendships that have come from this forum and others irrespective of our tran status' or link to the trans community

Nigella
02-23-2010, 12:56 PM
... Anyway, I think we just hijacked Nigellas thread :eek: ohhhhhh we're gonna get seriously slapped :D

Nope just gonna have a play with the Mod panel :devil:

Sheila
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Nope just gonna have a play with the Mod panel :devil:

well there goes that friendship :devil::devil::devil: