PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! getting out more often

NathalieX66
02-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a number of occasions I am showing up en femme this month and beyond.
Problem is that the way my property is annexed is that I share a very wide driveway with my neighbor, who often has guests that show up frequently....like daily . I am good friends with them but they do not know my secret side. As it is now we share beer-making recipes, home renovations, and talk about the NJ Devils hockey, etc. Both our houses are such that our doorways face each other, and we can see everything.
Going out wasn't so bad when night time arrives early, but the days are getting longer, and my neighbors and their friends loooove being outside. he is also a cop in my town, with a penchant for talking about everything to everybody. He really is a nice guy, though.
I'm just having a harder time trying to figure out how to get out the door. Once I'm in the car, and out of my town, I couldn't care less what happens.

Plasibeau
02-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Maybe consider only going half dressed, or wearing a large overcoat until you get to the car?

Slim Jim
02-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Maybe consider only going half dressed, or wearing a large overcoat until you get to the car?

That should work well in the hot summer months.

Nicole Brown
02-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi Nathalie,

A few years ago I had a similar situation and found a rather sneaky method for getting out without being observed. At that time my problem was that I had neighbors who lived directly across the street from me and the lady was a neat freak. Her husband and children had to spend most of their time in nice weather outside on the lawn or driveway.

What I started doing to get around this was to enter my car in the garage fully dressed except for my lipstick, earrings and wig. I also wore sunglasses to hide my eye makeup, a light jacket to cover my blouse and jewelry and a baseball cap. Once I exited my neighborhood I pulled into a parking lot and removed my jacket and cap and put on my lipstick, earrings and wig. When I was returning home, I simple stopped at the same parking lot and removed my lipstick, earrings and wig and put my jacket and cap back on before driving back to my house.

AllieSF
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
I do the same as Nicole. If I need to leave with more male clothes (e.g. son at home), I wear baggy khaki pants and a loose shirt (normally long sleeved). This way the male clothes serve double duty, because they are already in the car in case I need a quick change back to male mode while on the road (e.g. flat tire). Don't forget male shoes and socks.

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2010, 02:42 AM
he is also a cop in my town, with a penchant for talking about everything to everybody. He really is a nice guy, though.
I'm just having a harder time trying to figure out how to get out the door. Once I'm in the car, and out of my town, I couldn't care less what happens.
Out yourself to him. Problem solved.

That's what I've done, and it's simplified things quite dramatically.

Phyliss
02-21-2010, 06:53 AM

Sage advice, easily said but difficult to put in practice. I know. Once accomplished, however, life does get simple. The neighbor to my left KNOIWS and doesn't care. The people directly across the street from me may very well have seen me, but haven't said anything. I'm waiting for the old broad who lives to my right to get a glimpse of me, .... I figure once she does, her house will be up for sale, not by her but by her "estate" ... probably have a heart attack right there and croak. Either that or I'll be inundated with visits from the band of "church ladies" she hangs out with. That'll be fun.

slamddoger
02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
how about going to molte to change

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2010, 07:45 AM
The neighbor to my left KNOIWS and doesn't care. The people directly across the street from me may very well have seen me, but haven't said anything. I'm waiting for the old broad who lives to my right to get a glimpse of me, .... I figure once she does, her house will be up for sale, not by her but by her "estate" ... probably have a heart attack right there and croak. Either that or I'll be inundated with visits from the band of "church ladies" she hangs out with. That'll be fun.
LOL. I outed myself to the neighbours on one side after being convinced that they must have seen me. They had no idea and were shocked but accepting. The woman has since seen me several times and has told me that she thinks that I look better as a brunette than a redhead. :)

I go out en femme for dinner with the girls almost every Tuesday night. The neighbours on the other side have turned the light off in their kitchen (which faces my driveway) as I drive in several times so that they could watch me walk from the garage to the house, so I generally make an effort to walk to the letterbox and back (full length of drive past their window) on the way to the back door. :)

I know if the woman across the street is out watching me. The orange glow of her cigarette is a dead giveaway. :p

mklinden2010
02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
>>I'm just having a harder time trying to figure out how to get out the door. Once I'm in the car, and out of my town, I couldn't care less what happens.

Yep. Just out yourself and be done with it. You will get tripped up and be in worse shape by not bringing it up - and then they'll talk a lot more!

My neighbors were amused at my "diversity," confused about what the big deal was, and, after thinking about it, a bit "po'd" that I thought they might have a bad opinion of me.

If there's any downside, it's that they have their own interests and it's not something we talk about much. On the other hand, one group fishes a lot and the other group thinks about nothing but money...

Good thing we have food, pets, and yard work in common...

eluuzion
02-21-2010, 09:18 AM
I have always been friendly, but careful not to develop any relationship with neighbors to the point where they would ever come over unexpectedly.

Since that ship obviously already sailed, you are a slave to their routines by default. Everybody has routines, you just have to log them all, compare them, and identify the windows of opportunity to "escape".

Or spend a few hundred bucks on good auto window tint. I park in garage, open the door and exit like the Batmobile.

NathalieX66
02-21-2010, 09:27 AM

I'm all for that, except my neighbor that I mentioned is a cop in my town, and he likes to talky-talk around the neighborhood, and his fellow workmates. Just can't trust everybody whom I out myself to. I like the comeraderie and friendliness of my street. but I worry that outing myself would change the dynamic.

A good chunk of my personal friends already know, except for the ones that like to blab.

Thanlks, everone for the responses. :thumbsup:

mklinden2010
02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
>>I'm all for that, except my neighbor that I mentioned is a cop in my town, and he likes to talky-talk around the neighborhood, and his fellow workmates.

I'm surprise that no one has mentioned it today, but the cops have seen it all, have been trained to deal with more social situations than the average person, and, know the law has to be applied fairly to everyone... And, they're people too.

When you get tagged, and it will happen... I, for example, was very surprised to have someone walk over to my car as I backed out the drive, lean in the window, and say, "Hey, can you loan me your grill this weekend? I have a party too!" it will be harder to live with/live down than if you float the boat now and get on with life.

This guy, this cop, this neighbor - won't talk any more later than if you bring it up now. And, he may wind up, in some ways, being your best friend with this issue:

"Now, wait a minute folks, one of my best friends is TG/CD/TS and it's never been a problem to worry about. Fine people, most of 'em..."

PS

Don't be a stranger... Being a good neighbor is knowing your neighbors. Let 'em know you...