PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I have a serious question

Stacy L
02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
If your wife or SO told you that they would be comfortable with you dressing as a women around them, wearing a burqa (burka) and veil, would you wear it? :straightface:

I wouldn’t, even though a burka is considered women’s wear it just doesn’t appeal to me.

Now I’m wondering if there are any crossdressers in the Middle East that go through the pink sandstorm stage. :belly:

Jakob
02-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I think those clothes are a joke. And I feel very sorry for the countless women who still have to wear a burqa because their dudes believe in some ancient text.
Human beings are equal, they should be free to do whatever they want as long as no harm is done.
/rant

Stacy L
02-20-2010, 10:10 PM
I think those clothes are a joke. And I feel very sorry for the countless women who still have to wear a burqa because their dudes believe in some ancient text.
Human beings are equal, they should be free to do whatever they want as long as no harm is done.
/rant

I feel the same way!

NathalieX66
02-20-2010, 10:13 PM
If your wife or SO told you that they would be comfortable with you dressing as a women around them, wearing a burqa (burka) and veil, would you wear it? :straightface:

I wouldn’t, even though a burka is considered women’s wear it just doesn’t appeal to me.

Now I’m wondering if there are any crossdressers in the Middle East that go through the pink sandstorm stage. :belly:

I can't even think that the average muslim woman would find this enjoyable to wear.
I live in an area here in the U.S. with a substantial muslim population, and I see women wearing burqas everyday.
Not my idea of crossdressing if you ask me......I'll stick with Victoria's Secret & fredericks of Hollywood and all other sorts of western society trash.

Ze
02-20-2010, 10:35 PM
It's definitely a cultural same-yet-difference issue. The burqua carries the same masochism as some Westernized articles of women's clothing, yet Western people wouldn't consider wearing a burqua because it's not considered feminine by their own cultural standards.

Joanie_Shakti
02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
I think burqas are creepy, so a big no to your question.

nvlady
02-20-2010, 11:36 PM
The good side is, wearing a burka and a veil I think even I could pass.

docrobbysherry
02-20-2010, 11:45 PM
I've traveled to Turkey, a Muslim country, often the last several years. Burkas r not very common in Istanbul and in most of the country where I've traveled.

The thing is, Muslim women often cover their heads, and sometimes their faces, with scarves. And favor dresses that cover most of their arms and legs. The younger women seem to prefer attractive, colorful outfits. And, I guess that still satisfies their religion's dictates.

In fact, if u were a CD dressed like them, u could look good, AND cover your face without anyone thinking it odd!:heehee:

Rachel05
02-21-2010, 05:39 AM
I absolutely wouldn't wear one, not remotely feminine to me

Princess29
02-21-2010, 05:57 AM
I work at an international airport and one day, a woman in a burka set off the metal detector and it indicated that her shoes were the issue so I asked her to please remove them. When she took them off, they were a very strappy pair of stiletto heels which I admit, took me by surprise

christinek
02-21-2010, 06:02 AM
I am very opinionated on this topic. Why? I was a US soldier during 9-11.

I still work for the Govt but as a civilian now. Things like what happened in Fort Hood and now the poison thing still unfolding way heavily on me.

If you wear this you are telling me something. I made it my purpose to read the Koran and try to wrap me head around it.

I am not stupid

I do not want to see this garb worn, if so done I will avoid you and think very strongly against you!

It is your right to do what you will, but it is my right to disagree.

The bummer on this one is it sounds just like the fight between GLBT!

Jenny Gurl
02-21-2010, 06:57 AM
I don't shave my legs, put on makeup, etc, etc, to just hide it under a sheet. I would not wear one, and I feel sorry for those that do.