PDA

View Full Version : Who among us is a Crossdresser Only?

sissystephanie
02-20-2010, 10:30 PM
I am a Crossdresser! I freely admit it, and am proud to do so. I am NOT transgendered or transsexual and have no desire to be either one.

There is no desire in me to actually become a woman! I just like to wear the same clothing that real women wear! I really like the fit, the feel, and especially the look of feminine clothing on my body.

So who else on this forum feels like I do? I know there are some who go out in public in feminine clothes, but looking like a man. I do that myself, more so than I used to since I lost my wife to cancer! She always did my wig and my makeup! What I am looking for is pure CD's, who dress simply for the fun of wearing female clothing. Not for sex or any other reason! I know you are out there, so "fess" up now!

AllieSF
02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
That's me! At least I think that it is......

Kathi Lake
02-20-2010, 10:34 PM

<-------- Here's one!

Kathi

Terry V
02-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I am a crossdresser and I love it. Wearing womens clothing is a real thrill in my life, I love wearing sexy under garments and my favorite is the feel and look of a well fitting bra it feels so good and the more lace the better. When I first discovered how much I liked wearing bras, panties and slips I felt so guilty about it but now I have come to grips with who and what I am and no longer feel that way and just enjoy what I want to be when I want to be.

lisalove
02-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Yes I am acrossdresser. I wear only female clothing, I have no male clothes.
I have no desires to be a woman, I just love there clothes so I wear them.
Although I do get all dolled up on occasion and go out, it is a rarity, as it is just too much bother.

Jodi
02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
That's me. Crossdresser only.

Jodi

Cristina
02-20-2010, 11:19 PM
I am a crossdresser and I love it. Wearing womens clothing is a real thrill in my life, I love wearing sexy under garments and my favorite is the feel and look of a well fitting bra it feels so good and the more lace the better. When I first discovered how much I liked wearing bras, panties and slips I felt so guilty about it but now I have come to grips with who and what I am and no longer feel that way and just enjoy what I want to be when I want to be.

x2 amen, its just about the clothes...oh no does this mean I'm high maintenance?

docrobbysherry
02-21-2010, 12:16 AM
What I'm------------- looking for is pure CD's, who dress simply for the fun of wearing female clothing. Not for sex or any other reason! I know you are out there, so "fess" up now!

Sissy, why can't BOTH CDing and sex be "fun"!?:brolleyes:

I have fun doing either one, or both together!:D

Loni
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
i love being a cross dresser...:daydreaming:

KandisTX
02-21-2010, 12:21 AM
<--- Guilty as charged ;) You found another one here sister. I am a crossdresser and just enjoy being dressed feminine. Yes, I do go out in public but the events I go to the people I am with know I am a crossdresser and that's okay with me. :)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Lucy_Bella
02-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I am a Crossdresser! I freely admit it, and am proud to do so. I am NOT transgendered or transsexual and have no desire to be either one.

There is no desire in me to actually become a woman! I just like to wear the same clothing that real women wear! I really like the fit, the feel, and especially the look of feminine clothing on my body.

So who else on this forum feels like I do? I know there are some who go out in public in feminine clothes, but looking like a man. I do that myself, more so than I used to since I lost my wife to cancer! She always did my wig and my makeup! What I am looking for is pure CD's, who dress simply for the fun of wearing female clothing. Not for sex or any other reason! I know you are out there, so "fess" up now!

I use to think that way.......But in time and education I know I am transgender and very proud to be.. At one time you call me Transgender I would go fist to cuff.. But like I said I leanered

A crossdresser = transgender....... Its not to be confussed with any other title or lable although can be tied to Transexual but not by any means considered Gay, However Gays can crossdress but are rarely Transexual due to the belief of being born in the wrong body but of a correct mind. But A Transexual feels the same and that is different due to some gays are happy being born the sex they are born as to where a Transexual is not.. However you can be a Transexual and could be attracted to the same sex you were not born as and also crossdress which could make you gay or transexual and transgender
Ok maybe I don't have it I am still learning..

GaleWarning
02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Me. I have no desire to go out and scare the natives.
So I'll wear what I want in the privacy of my own home.
I love wearing women's clothes!
I enjoy being an androgynous person mentally,

Amanda Katharine
02-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Dressing in my home is all I have any desire to do. No going out, transitioning or anything of the like.

Fran Moore
02-21-2010, 01:52 AM
The tags and titles thing........It seems to cause so much dissention among a group of people who have many things in common, mainly having to deal with discrimination from the "herd".

Instead of trying to find things to seperate us from each other, shouldn't we find similarities to bring us together? The gender spectrum is WIDE, and blending gender with sex will always be an issue of discussion, confusion, and resentment both within our community as well as outside of it.

Being "only" a crossdresser, doesn't qualify us for any privledges, or for that matter disqualify us, from enjoying all the same rights afforded to every other legal, law abiding citizen in the USA, although I can't speak for other parts of the world.

I do know that I am proud to be a member of a large group of folks who don't "conform" to the "norms" of society, and there are a lot of very special people that I have met who are members that might identify with any one of the LGBT, or CD letters, but that doesn't necessarily define them in their entirety, as human beings.

I realize the thread wasn't started with the intent to be devisive, but there might be some who take it that way. I do think, however that many people view crossdressing to be a form of transgenderism, and so what?

Suzanne

Karren H
02-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Well... I admit I am a crossdresser...

but I also have a deep dark hidden secret....

FlJsPa6UwcM

JulieK1980
02-21-2010, 02:10 AM
I don't really know what I am..... lol! But it's all good..... :)

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2010, 02:37 AM
You and me both. :)

For those who say that they are crossdressers but not transgender, that would be very difficult considering that transgender is an overarching term for anybody who is not cisgender. Crossdressing is, by definition, a subset of transgender.

That's largely why I've adopted the neologism femulator (a contraction of female emulator coined by blogger Staci Lana (http://www.femulate.org/)), which I think more accurately describes who I am.

Princess Ludwyna
02-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Me. I have no desire to go out and scare the natives.
So I'll wear what I want in the privacy of my own home.
I love wearing women's clothes!
I enjoy being an androgynous person mentally,

Same.

Jenniferpl
02-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Just a crossdresser.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-21-2010, 04:51 AM
For those who say that they are crossdressers but not transgender, that would be very difficult considering that transgender is an overarching term for anybody who is not cisgender. Crossdressing is, by definition, a subset of transgender.

I agree with your sentiment, and I feel the same way about the term transgender, but the problem is one thing about our special group of people is we seem to never be able to get our stories straight, so for some people transgender is the umbrella term that encompasses everything from CDing to TS to Drag to Genderf*ck (I really hate that term), but to others the definition of Transgender is specifically the same as Transexual. For what it's worth though, even though I dress as a man and present as a man even when I wear skirts, I consider myself to be part of the transgender community. I don't really see how many of the people on this thread who have avatars of themselves presenting as women, and who have said in other threads that they want to feel like and appear as women, can also say that they are not transgender.

I do think that Suzanne is right in saying that this type of thread can be seen as being divisive to many people.

Rachel05
02-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Yes I am right there in your group, I love to dress as a woman and thoroughly enjoy it, love the feeling of it and love the person that I am when doing it, but I like being a man and want to stay a man, never want to stop cross dressing though

christinek
02-21-2010, 05:48 AM
My male genitalia and sex drive is the one thing about me I do enjoy. My TS girlfriends who are going all the way say that the first things to go are desire to have and ability to have. NO THANKS!

Now I do have another desire but it is totally doable as a man. We will talk about that later.

Raychel
02-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Also just a crossdresser.

charlen
02-21-2010, 06:14 AM
crossdresser here to:hugs:

Vicky_Scot
02-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Of course your transgendered.

Transgender is a general term applied to a variety of individuals, behaviors, and groups involving tendencies to deviate from the normative gender roles.

Tendencies to deviate from the normative gender roles. Thats what you do dear so like it or not your part of the TG community.

Xx Vicky xX

LauraL
02-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Love to dress, and that's enough.
LauraL

Ashley S
02-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Just a crossdresser here too. I don't feel that I have a female persona, and I don't feel any change in sexual appetites. I just want to wear fun stuff.

I just don't feel that either of those terms (Transgendered or Transsexual) fit me properly. Look at them more closely...Trans-Gendered, Trans-Sexual. I'm gendered and I'm sexual, but nothing has transitioned or is in-transition. It's always been there, and it's always been me.
(Also, I look at the term "Gender" as applying to your plumbing, where the term "Gender Role" is the idea of how a gender is supposed to behave.)

Yvonne York
02-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Yes, I am a crossdresser, in a loving and happy relationship with the most wonderful wife. Like Terry, it's lingerie that does it for me, particularly sexy lacy underwired bras and matching panties. Just got the most lovely pinstriped teddy with suspenders, and I feel so good wearing it with lace top stockings and my favourite bra and g strings.

I want no more than this - to feel feminine, but stay happy as I am.

girlygirl02
02-21-2010, 08:40 AM
i do it but i just started experimenting right now but i havent gotten to going out in public a cd yet but want to

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Please don't read this as me recruiting more for my style of dressing, I'm asking this out of legitimate curiousity and desire to learn more about a perspective different from my own. For those of you on here insist that you are only a CD and not transgendered, why is it so important for you to present as female if you do?

Rachel Lea
02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
That's me! A crossdresser only.
But, ny desire is to dress in the clothes that I enjoy and then go out into the world.

Ashley S
02-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Please don't read this as me recruiting more for my style of dressing, I'm asking this out of legitimate curiousity and desire to learn more about a perspective different from my own. For those of you on here insist that you are only a CD and not transgendered, why is it so important for you to present as female if you do?

To me it just seems that when go for the clothes I really want to wear, they always come out super-girly. I guess I just like the styles and colours.

I also don't really make a conscious effort to make my face appear feminine, I just try to make the makeup match, and accent my features. Choosing mostly pinks and light blues tends to make the whole ensemble pretty girly, but that's the way I like it.

Patty
02-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Just a Crossdresser :):):)

insearchofme
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm a crossdresser, but if someone wants to call me transgendered that's ok too. Karren, that was a great clip!

Missy
02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
ok I am one CD

Loveday
02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Yup, I am just a Crossdresser also and happy with just that. :battingeyelashes:

sissystephanie
02-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Sissy, why can't BOTH CDing and sex be "fun"!?:brolleyes:

I have fun doing either one, or both together!:D

They certainly can both be fun, either separately or together! My late wife and I had almost 50 years of doing both!

I was referring to the wearing of female clothing for the main purpose of having sex "as a woman!" That is definitely not my thing!

RachelRICD
02-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I am a crossdresser and a little Bi-Curious. I work as a woman and enjoy wearing cute outfits and shoes to the office everyday. Took me many years to realize my goal and I am enjoying every minute.

:D

Jaydee
02-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Me too. And please don't take that as a put down of anyone else.

Jaydee

Karren H
02-21-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm a crossdresser, but if someone wants to call me transgendered that's ok too. Karren, that was a great clip!

Thanks Dana... it's the story of my life in cartoons!! lol

Cindi
02-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Hi Stephanie:

You must have been reading my mind.

I could not have expressed myself any better than you have done. Your words are my exact feelings.

I too lost my wife to cancer but I was not into crossdressing until after she passed away. I seldom leave the house unless I am dressed.

Enjoy.

Cindi

Jenny Beth
02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I know I'm not TS but since I dress virtually every day I also know I'm more than a crossdresser. I gave up trying to figure out where I fit on the "gender scale" because it doesn't really matter. I'm just me.

Misty is Kindafem
02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't really see how many of the people on this thread who have avatars of themselves presenting as women, and who have said in other threads that they want to feel like and appear as women, can also say that they are not transgender.

Sounds familiar.

This is totally related to the sexuality issue. I think it's probably got something to do with a fear of emasculation.

The delta between the presentation effort and the self identification around here is truly mind boggling, (or perhaps I'm easily boggled).

I mean seriously, browse through my photo albums and then imagine me saying that I just dressed up on a dare. ...yeah, that's what I would think too.

-Misty

Heather Dur
02-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Just a Crossdresser, though I do desire to be able to go out dressed without attempting to pass. Like many of us, or so I believe, that would be pure heaven. Know that wouldn't be accepted by society in my life, but I do push the envelope.

PretzelGirl
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I know I'm not TS but since I dress virtually every day I also know I'm more than a crossdresser. I gave up trying to figure out where I fit on the "gender scale" because it doesn't really matter. I'm just me.

:yt: Although I don't get to every day, I dress a lot.

Oh, and I am never "just" something. That minimalizes it IMO. I AM "XXXXXX"! Be proud.

rayander01
02-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Add me to the ranks of crossdresser only. Too ugly to go out. But I do enjoy women's clothing.

Rey

docrobbysherry
02-21-2010, 01:05 PM

I find closet CDing to be a big turn on!:o
I have NO DESIRE to present as a female to ANYONE ELSE!

(Except in pictures!):heehee:

If dressing up in a bunny suit got me as excited as appearing to be an attractive female, I'd be doing THAT instead!:brolleyes:
I don't think I'm the ONLY ONE who feels this way!:D

Marcia Blue
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I also would say I am only a crossdresser. I have no desire to take this hobby any futher than presenting as a female on ocassion. I do love almost all things fem but, would not want try it 24/7/365.

jo_ann
02-21-2010, 01:07 PM
definately a crossdresser here.

If I were a van halen song, I'd be "best of both worlds"
If I were an oreo cookie, I'd be that thin gap between the creme and the cookie
If I were VCR, I'd be both VHS and beta
If I were a operating system, I'd be both a PC and linux

Jamie48
02-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Why label ourselves, we are who & what we are. I love to wear womens clothes etc., just enjoy the experiance, I do.

Sewing_Sophie
02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
The terminology is a mess. In an ideal world we'd be able to get everyone to sit down, say what they did and wore and thought and felt in nice short simple everyday words, and then having collected everyone's feelings and experiences we could come up with some terminology to fit that. But no, we have words with multiple meanings. It's a common problem...

There seem to be at least three meanings for "transgendered", for example. 1) people who identify wholly as female if XY, or wholly as male if XX, who live as their preferred gender 24/7 or who are thinking seriously about it or who would if circumstances permitted. 2) anyone who's anywhere on the "transgender spectrum", who cross-dresses (or similar) for any reason whatsoever. 3) people for whom cross-dressing is not (or not entirely) a sexual fetish or "I just like the clothes", but they don't necessarily want full full-time womanhood (or manhood, for FTMs), even if it was convenient for them. Possibly also people who don't crossdress but who have the feelings of not entirely identifying with their birth gender might fit in here.

I've seen "transgendered" to refer strictly to group 1, or to group 2 (of which 3 and 1 are subsets) or to group 3 (of which 1is a subset). There are also a variety of words that seem to be used for 3-but-not-1, "genderqueer", "androgyne", "bigendered". There are various things you can do with two genders - you can switch between the two, display both at once, tastefully blend them together or try to eliminate them completely, and this can go on in how you dress, what you do with your body or go on purely in your head, perhaps you might have a male and female persona which you switch between. Finding which of these fits which label is beyond me.

There's also genderf*k, which as far as I can tell seems to consist of displaying strong male cues and strong female cues (e.g. breasts and a beard) with the pretty much explicit intention of messing with people's heads.

So now it seems there are at least three uses of "just a crossdresser" - for people who are 2-but-not-1-or-3, for people who are 2-or-3-but-not-1, for people who are any of those three but aren't planning on hormones or SRS.

Getting people to stick to one definition of "transgender" or "crossdresser" or "only a crossdresser" seems nigh-on-impossible to me, too many people have invested too much in their labels, there isn't an authority that's going to be credible with everyone, it's just a non-starter.

Now someone will do doubt point out that my 1, 2 and 3 are just as much of a mess as the old terminology, and I won't argue with them. I just made those numbers up to make a point.

Me? I like to think there's something feminine (when I'm feeling brave, female) about me, and crossdressing is an expression of that, rather than just a desire for pretty clothes or a sexual thing. The feminine came first, the CDing later. But I don't CD all that often, I feel rather more male than female (when I'm feeling hard-headed, 100% male, although not particularly masculine), and I'm still exploring what all of this means to me and what my true feelings are. Whether that makes me transgendered or not, "a crossdresser only" or not... you can answer that for yourself, I've caused myself too much angst in the past trying to answer those questions, so I'd rather not worry about those things.

Brenda Locke
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Myself. A crossdresser only thank you.
The only body change i'm interested in is ditching some weight. Like that's different from anyone else?

Brenda :heehee:

Elsa von Spielburg
02-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Goddammit, I'm getting real good at losing long replies to a few missed keystrokes. Fail.

So, it boiled down to:

- I have no desire to transition.
- My real 'want' to dress comes from things that my brain perceives as the ultra-feminine: lingerie, underthings, dresses, makeup and the like.
-I worship the female shape, figure, and clothing, and want to get as close as possible, while still retaining a few key male bits. It started, and will always remain at heart, as a bedroom fantasy of mine and my 'defult' setting is undoubtedly male.
- I'm looking forward to exploring it with my wonderful GF as two ladies in bed, while still enjoying the male-female sides of it. The best of both worlds.
- I do love to dwell on the style and dress of it all, and at times will think for a while about dressing without the bedroom in mind (though the train of thought usually ends up there).
- At times it does feel like a sliding scale, instead of an on-off switch in my brain, with other expressions of my CDing that I enjoy (playing an RPG under a female-me avatar).
- So, whatever label you want to slap me with: transvestite, cross dresser, moose... groovy. I'll enjoy what I enjoy.

Crissy Kay
02-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Dressing in my home is all I have any desire to do. No going out, transitioning or anything of the like.

Thats pretty much it for me too. I have gone out dressed up a couple times for halloween, but thats it. I have no real interest in going out dressed.

Elle1946
02-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Count me in, that is all I am and it is all that I want to be.

thechic
02-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't know what i am but i do enjoy doing it, when i am doing it.

Geneva

carhill2mn
02-21-2010, 07:25 PM
"Labels" really cause confusion. I am en femme nearly everyday and sometimes for more than a day at a time. I go out en femme on average at least once a week but I am not "out" to friends, neighbors or most of my family (some "know" but that is all). I thourghly enjoy the time that I spend en femme. I have no plans to take hormones or even live full time as a woman.
I do not like the phrase "just a crossdresser" as I find it a bit condescending. I think of myself as a crossdresser even though I try to be "lady-like" whenever I am en femme. Am I "transgendered"? Maybe, it depends upon what defintion is used. Does it matter? To me, not really!

sherri52
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
You got me Stephanie. I love to wear womens clothing and wear them more often than I do male clothing. Matter of fact I do not own any male undergarments other than four pair of boot socks. I can see over 200 dresses without counting or exagerating. I have boxes of jewelry, including clip ons that I never wear (pierced). Even in male mode I wear fem jeans, underdress, Mascara, clear polish, and jewelry (necklaces, earings, and bracelets). i dress every night wether I'm alone or with friends (GGs that know).

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
There's also genderf*k, which as far as I can tell seems to consist of displaying strong male cues and strong female cues (e.g. breasts and a beard) with the pretty much explicit intention of messing with people's heads. .

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too. I really don't like it for that reason. I feel like even the name is intentionally divisive because frankly a lot of people are still put off by profanity. I wear skirts as a guy because I find them comfortable, not because I'm trying to be in people's faces and "freak out the normies, man!"

sesissy
02-21-2010, 07:38 PM
I love to crossdress but I have no desire to become a woman. Why should I, having the best of both worlds.

Kaz
02-21-2010, 07:48 PM
yup, that's how it started... now I am less sure...

xx

NathalieX66
02-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Crossdresser, as far as I know.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-21-2010, 08:03 PM
In order to keep things as simplistic as possible in describing me on where I choose to reside on the gender continuim. Even though I might not fit all definitions of it. I choose to identify as a Cross Dresser.

Lucy_Bella
02-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't know, does this mean when I wear a leather Jacket and boots do I want to be a cow?:heehee:

Jessica S
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I am just the average crossdresser and no desire to go any further. Love the clothes, make up and shoes.

DaisyG
02-21-2010, 08:16 PM
I’m a crossdresser.

I’m perfectly OK living the workaday world as a male. But away from the job, I love the feel of a dress or a skirt and blouse, with classic pumps or cute sandals below. At bedtime I feel it’s absolutely essential to put on a frilly, feminine nightie. This isn’t a passing fancy; CD has been part of me since childhood. I like my appearance when I put on a little makeup and polish my nails. And I’m ever conscious of trying to present myself with feminine mannerisms when dressed - - - the way I walk, talk, sit, eat and such,

Nevertheless I don’t see myself as transitioning, of going “24/7”, of taking hormones, or going down the path of no return to SRS. YES, I’ve looked at those possibilities. NO, that’s not me; not where I need to go.

In short, I don’t want to BE a woman. I want to be LIKE a woman. :)
Daisy

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2010, 09:21 PM
There seem to be at least three meanings for "transgendered", for example. 1) people who identify wholly as female if XY, or wholly as male if XX, who live as their preferred gender 24/7 or who are thinking seriously about it or who would if circumstances permitted. 2) anyone who's anywhere on the "transgender spectrum", who cross-dresses (or similar) for any reason whatsoever. 3) people for whom cross-dressing is not (or not entirely) a sexual fetish or "I just like the clothes", but they don't necessarily want full full-time womanhood (or manhood, for FTMs), even if it was convenient for them. Possibly also people who don't crossdress but who have the feelings of not entirely identifying with their birth gender might fit in here.
In spite of all of this, when I was actively editing on wikipedia, there was only one reliably referenced meaning for transgender, and it was between your numbers 2 and 3, being everybody on the trans-gender spectrum except those who dressed only for "transvestic fetish" reasons (eg wearing pantihose or high heels for sexual stimulation).

In spite of other meanings being used colloquially in some places, that meaning was the only one that was actually documented.

Abbyru1
02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I cross dress because I like the clothing. I don't try to present as female because I don't look female and really, I have no desire to be there. It's my own little secret that there are times when I can wear what appears to be men's clothing and in reality it's female.
But in my world, a guy dressed in female clothes isn't accepted although there are some in my city who dress as female and are accepted as what they want to be - a women.
I'm not into titles - but crossdressing sounds better to me than transgender. I like being male and have no real desire to be anything else. So, I'm just a crossdresser.

VtVicky
02-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Count me in the strictly recreational crossdressing catagory. I have no interest in passing.

My only CD excursions outside are in the winter so that my enhancers are concealed by my parka. I like the feel of the bras and slips, but I am not interested in anyone else noticing.

Renee
02-22-2010, 12:28 AM
OK you caught me. I freely admit that I am a Crossdresser. It took me 50 years to come to grips with that though. Love the clothes and the way they feel and love the illusion of being a female without being one. I love my male life too much to think of anything like transitioning, but can certainly understand those who feel that need.

snowwoman
02-22-2010, 12:34 AM
just wondering, if they would be making dresses, lingerey and other stuff, same feel, same look, but in mens departement , would you buy it there, would it be the same feeling?

Miranda09
02-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Yes...I consider myself a crossdresser, tho I like to do more than just simply wear feminine attire. I also love the challenge of completely transforming myself to appear female, but I'm not interested in any kind of transition. :)

Pattie O
02-22-2010, 12:42 AM
I find that its not just in the dressing but I do like to have a full transformation if possible which to me includes bodyshaving and make up ,wig and accessories.I do like to be a guy and do the male things but wish I had more of an opportunity to fully dress and venture out just occassionally.:daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

WendyD
02-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Just a plain old, run of the mill, everyday crossdresser.......

2b.Lauren
02-22-2010, 10:27 AM
After years of my own personal struggle with change and transition within myself, I am happy to admit that I am a crossdresser. Just happy to wear my girly things when I can, which is not really very often. I could psychoanalyze this if I chose to, and allow the wonderful creators of the DSM-IV and the great labels that came from it a few ego strokes but those guys heads are way to big anyway, and what do they really know. Let others delve as deeply as they want into the why's, because it is not going to change me.

victoriamwilliams1
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Once upon a time I consider myself one now I do not. I am part time and when I do dress I do everything I would do just as a girl.

I think with growth we begin to shed the labels any way and I shed that label about 3 years ago just because I felt the I grew out of it and wanted to perceive myself as a woman. Now the public may say I am a cross dresser and I do not care anymore.

StevieTV
02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I love to crossdress. In fact I'm wearing a man's t-shirt right now :doh:

Bobbie Bee
02-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Count me in. It's CD or bust or both.

Ruikki
02-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Ive come to the same conclusion about myself. A long time ago I thought I would maybe want to become a woman but I realised that I have no such desire. I just simply like to look pretty sometimes. Im embracing my feminine side, not becoming it.

Lyndal
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi,
I guess I am just a crossdresser but I now love looking at womens clothing, and thinking "I would love to wear that. I love being dressed as a woman,in bra panties and panty hoe under a nice blouse and skirt of a nice dress. Yet to perfect makeup, and get up the courage to venture out enfemme.

kimdl93
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
if i could flick a switch and be a girl i would , but in reality im the same as you.its just a urge that i know il always have .

As the above says, I'd switch in a heartbeat if I could. Still, I feel that although I accept that I am physically male and do all that guy stuff, I also have to acknowlege that its more than clothes to me.

sissystephanie
02-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have responded, some more than once!

In reply to those who have stated that I am really a TG, it depends on whose definition you are using. I use the one that was given to me years ago by the Therapist I was going to at the time. He was a Psychologist specializing in Gender disorders. He was the one who told me that I was a Crossdresser for sure, but nothing beyond that. According to him, a TG likes to not only look like a woman, but also to act like one. I do neither! A Ts wants to look like a woman, act like one, and hopefully become one in some way!

I do know that definitions change, but I will stick with my old one since it fits my lifestyle!!:)

Vicky_Scot
02-23-2010, 05:28 AM
Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have responded, some more than once!

In reply to those who have stated that I am really a TG, it depends on whose definition you are using. I use the one that was given to me years ago by the Therapist I was going to at the time. He was a Psychologist specializing in Gender disorders. He was the one who told me that I was a Crossdresser for sure, but nothing beyond that. According to him, a TG likes to not only look like a woman, but also to act like one. I do neither! A Ts wants to look like a woman, act like one, and hopefully become one in some way!

I do know that definitions change, but I will stick with my old one since it fits my lifestyle!!:)

I think that your Psychologist specializing in Gender disorders is a little confused in his termanology.

Transsexual

Transsexual people identify as, or desire to live and be accepted as, a member of the sex opposite to that assigned at birth.

Many trans people desire to undergo gender transition. People who have transitioned, who do not necessarily identify as transgender or transsexual any longer, may identify as simply a man or a woman. Those that continue identifying as transsexual men or women may not want to ignore their pre-transition life, and may continue strong ties with other trans people and raising social consciousness.

Many transsexual people have a wish to alter their bodies. These physical changes are collectively known as gender reassignment therapy and often (but not always) include hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment surgery. References to "pre-operative", "post-operative" and "non-operative" transsexual people indicate whether they have had, or are planning to have sex reassignment surgery, although some trans people reject these terms as objectifying trans people based on their surgical status and not their mental gender identity.

Cross-dresser

The term 'cross-dresser' is not exactly defined in the relevant literature. Michael A. Gilbert, professor at the Department of Philosophy, York University, Toronto, offers this definition: "[A cross-dresser] is a person who has an apparent gender identification with one sex, and who has and certainly has been birth-designated as belonging to one sex, but who wears the clothing of the opposite sex because it is the clothing of the opposite sex." This excludes people "who wear opposite sex clothing for other reasons". Also, the group doesn't include "those female impersonators who look upon dressing as solely connected to their livelihood, actors undertaking roles, individual males and females enjoying a masquerade, and so on. These individuals are cross dressing but are not cross dressers." Cross-dressers may not identify with, or want to be the opposite gender, nor adopt the behaviors or practices of the opposite gender, and generally do not want to change their bodies medically. The majority of cross-dressers identify as heterosexual.

Transvestite

A transvestite is somebody who cross-dresses.The term "transvestite" is used as a synonym for the term "cross-dresser", although it has been stated that "cross-dresser" is the preferred term. The term "transvestite" and the associated term "transvestism" are conceptually different from the term "fetishistic transvestism" (a.k.a. "transvestic fetishism"), as "transvestic fetishist" describes those who intermittently use clothing of the opposite gender for fetishistic purposes, and "transvestite" does not. I

Transgender

Transgender identities

Transsexual
Cross-dresser
Transvestite

TG is a umberella term. While people self-identify as transgender, transgender identity includes many overlapping categories. These include cross-dresser (CD); transvestite (TV); androgynes; genderqueer; people who live cross-gender; drag kings; and drag queens; and, frequently, transsexual (TS).

Sorry but you are transgender. Being a cross dresser makes you trangendered like it or not.

Xx Vicky xX

Alisa
02-23-2010, 05:55 AM

FlJsPa6UwcM

Karen,
lol! Too funny! Do you think crossdressing somehow compensates for social ineptitude?

Alisa

Ps. Crossdresser? I'd say yes...

jenifer m.
02-23-2010, 07:02 AM
yep im a crossdresser who enjoys being dressed up in full female attire or most of the time i simply under dress.im always going out in things like womans tee shirt,sports bra,jeans,pantys,and either panty hose or kneehighs with womans clogs or mules.i just enjoy the look and comfort of girly clothes.

celeste26
02-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Cross dresser refers to our mutually enjoyed activity
Transgendered refers to our status as "being somewhere between sexes".

Both are correct in their own sphere of meaning.:2c:

Kierci
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Although I do get all dolled up on occasion and go out, it is a rarity, as it is just too much bother.

This describes me to the T. I dont know what I did with all my male clothes its either all female clothes or neutral.

suchacutie
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Not sure what I am. I do present as a woman. I do present as a man. I don't want to lose either.

Tina is not simply an external shell on a male body. We have discovered that Tina has her own opinions, desires, ideas, wishes, and abilities. She has a different take on life from her male side. The "he" and "she" attempt to NOT overlap. Ok, some overlap is essential, but the idea is to minimize that as much as possible to find out who Tina is, not who he is. We know who he is, but Tina is young in our lives and she is just separate!

So, do I want to transition to be a woman...LOL...every time Tina arrives I do my best to do just that, and I get better at it every time! My problem is that I want to be able to transition to "him" as well. They are both transitions now, and I'm ok with that.

Is there a label for me? I doubt it, but that's ok.

tina

Vicky_Scot
02-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Cross dresser refers to our mutually enjoyed activity
Transgendered refers to our status as "being somewhere between sexes".

Both are correct in their own sphere of meaning.:2c:

Nonesense. Transgender is the state of one's "gender identity" It is not about being between sexes it is about what gender you portray. :doh:

Xx Vicky xX

Janet Bern
02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
I like the clothes and like to shop as a woman. spend my day as one. I have no desire to be a woman full time. I still like being a man and doing guy things and being a man around woman (most of the time)
Janet

diannecourtney
02-25-2010, 09:10 PM
No better feeling. Sorry to hear of your recent loss.:sad::sad:

RADER
02-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Count me in also; A crossdresser all the way. Rader:)

Berta82
02-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Its great to be a crossdresser too. Love every minute I'm dressed. Also love being a guy too. I guess its the best of both worlds.:battingeyelashes:

Missy811
02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I love to cross dress however I enjoy being a man also. When ever I transform myself in to missy I feel as if I am relieving the daily stress that builds up. I never had sex with a woman while I was missy but I would like too. So far I have only cross dressed at home but I really want to out as missy one day that would be Fun

Jilmac
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
I am one too. I've been dressing since age 15 (I'll hit the big 6-5 in March) for the pure pleasure of it. However it took me a long time to realize that it's pleasure and not perversion. Self acceptance is great.

Missy Tanya
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
I am a Crossdresser! There is no desire in me to actually become a woman! I just like to wear the same clothing that real women wear! I really like the fit, the feel, and especially the look of feminine clothing on my body.

Dear Stephanie, I couldn't have said it any better. I have been asked at my TG Support meetings, What I am? Why I am? I have told it to anyone that ask, I'm a Crossdresser, I just love everything feminine. And I dress to please myself.

I too have no intentions of going any further, but got to admit, real breasts would be cool!!!

Tanya

nvlady
02-25-2010, 11:32 PM
CD only here.
Love being a guy, but sometimes love wearing girly clothes. Only at home though.

paulap
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM

FlJsPa6UwcM
Karen,

I feel a kinship to you in so many ways. I am an engineer with the "knack" as well in north central OH. You like hocky - I like rugby. I think we are of similar age. I aspire to be as you are so many times.

Paulap

Starfire Jade
02-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Here. Proud dude.

rmills400
02-26-2010, 01:57 AM
if we sometimes go out and add a female persona dont be surpass justing being a crossdresser and become a part-time t-girl? when i am out dressed, i dont feel or act like a guy dressed in women's clothes. i am a woman in woman's clothes. lol does that make sense? ever since then i use the 'part-time t-girl' tag... am i wrong? were all minimally crossdressers, yes... but you know? lol

dominique
02-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Crossdresser here and extremely proud of being one.:thumbsup:

Suzy Harrison
02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
I find closet CDing to be a big turn on!:o
I have NO DESIRE to present as a female to ANYONE ELSE!

Maybe that is the difference - because I don't find it a turn on - and I really want to present and be a female.

But it doesn't really matter as long as everyone has their needs full-filled.

hugs Suzy

MargaretJ
02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Just a crossdresser, love the clothes and shoes.

Mary Jane
02-26-2010, 08:54 AM
I crossdress because it is FUN. I enjoy occasionally looking and dressing like a woman but definitely no desires to be a woman.

mklinden2010
02-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Well, I dunno... I'd like to help you with the poll numbers... But...

>>I am a Crossdresser! I freely admit it, and am proud to do so. I am NOT transgendered or transsexual and have no desire to be either one.

Good for you. You tell 'em! Be loud and be proud.

So, you're in the right body and you feel like you're the right sex? You're OK where you are. Got that.

>>There is no desire in me to actually become a woman! I just like to wear the same clothing that real women wear! I really like the fit, the feel, and especially the look of feminine clothing on my body.

What is a woman - I mean, in "her" soul? Do souls have gender? How do you know you - your soul - would be any different if put in a different body?

"Real" women wear nursing bras, "real women" have monthly issues, "real" women are physically different in ways I can not fully imagine and which seriously I doubt you can.

"Real" women have made it plain to me that the whole idea of "feminine" is an artificial construct - and it varies from culture to culture and from one time in history to another.

"Feminine" clothing is an abstract idea, not a concrete reality. Clothes are just clothes; they serve a purpose - like staying warm or attracting attention.

So, in choosing the probably very limited subset of cloths that "you" wear, aren't you choosing to be a particular woman and therefore slipping (no pun intended) from switching clothes to switches sexes and/or genders?

>>So who else on this forum feels like I do? I know there are some who go out in public in feminine clothes, but looking like a man. I do that myself, more so than I used to since I lost my wife to cancer! She always did my wig and my makeup! What I am looking for is pure CD's, who dress simply for the fun of wearing female clothing. Not for sex or any other reason! I know you are out there, so "fess" up now!

In thinking about it, I can't help you with this idea of "pure CD's" because it's not at all clear what a "pure" CD would be - even after reading your proposal.

Would that be someone who wears any and all clothes without any thought of their typical gender or sexual assignment in the same way that a "pure" woman is what virgins are called?

And, can a "pure" woman be pure if you factor in what she thinks/has thought - as well as what physical encounters she has had?

I think, if you "like" the "same clothes" that "real" women wear, you cannot be pure. It's the preference that undoes you.

You like clothes that look and fit well, which might be some other kind of label issue, but more than that you like PARTICULAR clothes for what, I think, must be other than "pure" reasons.

Fess up now. I know those other thoughts are in there...

Good luck to you, in all that you do, if it works for you - no matter how that is...

jeri_harris
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM

I was a straight cd and if I could I'd still be wearing all the good stuff:)

Cary
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Just a Crossdresser who can't get enough of seeing, buying, and wearing women's clothes and shoes.

Jason+
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
just wondering, if they would be making dresses, lingerey and other stuff, same feel, same look, but in mens departement , would you buy it there, would it be the same feeling?

If they were the same price and quality, you bet.

By the stated definitions I am at least a cross dresser. Do we add some square padding to the eccentric peg and stuff it through the square hole or do we round off the eccentricity and apply a "there, now you'll fit" bandage on the way to the round hole.

Someone once asked me why I came to a chat room for cross dressers without a feminine name. I replied "it's the closest match for me."

Melissa Anne
02-26-2010, 09:32 PM
I would say that I'm just a crossdresser.

leatherderek3000
04-17-2010, 09:50 AM
That me I am a CD only and my favoutire items are leather boots, leather skirts and womens leather jackets and coats.

Ms Jennifer
04-17-2010, 10:00 AM
:heehee:Hmmmmmm :brolleyes:

Angiemead12
04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Im a trans person already, I would like to be known as someone who is in between everything with the ability to do it all.

AKAMichelle
04-17-2010, 10:23 AM
I started out as just a Cd'er turned on my the clothes. Over time that began to change. Now I don't feel turned on, but feel much more comfortable dressed.

I'm not sure where I fit in the TG spectrum. I am just sliding along with the ebbs and flows.

Misty is Kindafem
04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Something doesn't seem right to me.

I wonder how many of these "love being a man" responses are due to a wife or girlfriend that may be looking over the shoulder, so to speak.

I know a lot of "girls" here have their SO's on with them, either openly or lurking and even if they didn't, posting things like "I'm all man" and "I'm 100% straight" still goes a long way to providing cover just in case the posts are found or maybe even trotted out to bolster some masculinity during an argument.

If I had the energy or the interest, I would bet many of these "crossdresser only" types have a posting history that is rife with contradictions.

Personally, I'm extremely manly and masculine and stuff. I'm so macho my deodorant doesn't even work.

I cross dress every now and then but I hate it.

-Misty

Jamie48
04-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Just a crossdresser & very content, thank you.

Chickhe
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
bla bla bla...all the terms etc. never fit exactly and some days you might feel different than others. All I know is I like the challenge of dressing up as a woman and trying to look like one. I'm not at all interested in the porn or fettish crap that is associated with the term crossdresser as seen a lot on the net and have no need to alter my body to become female. So ya, I'm just your average guy that likes to crossdress for fun...I wish there was good term to describe it...fairweather crossdressing, heterosexual drag...

Elizabeth 66
04-17-2010, 11:17 AM

I looked up the definition of transgender in the Oxford dictionary, and it states thus:

Dictionary:trans·gen·der (trăns-jĕn'dər, trănz-)

Appearing as, wishing to be considered as, or having undergone surgery to become a member of the opposite sex.

Where as the definition of Transexual is thus

Dictionary:trans·sex·u·al (trăns-sĕk'shū-əl)

One who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex or One who has undergone a sex change.

I would consider myself as the latter, not that it makes any difference, because everyone on this site is a friend to the other

Dictionary:friend (frĕnd)

A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement

And as friends, should we be putting labels on ourself s or others?

Debutante
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I thought I was a crossdresser, but the pull towards something deeper and transformative always happens: towards trying to emulate the female in deeper ways, feel, think, be her. Call this a T-girl, or a spiritual journey... I want to have fun in the clothes, but I look at the deeper meanings and feelings.

Soriya
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
For me, I am just a crossdresser using the terms given. I have no interest in being full time and would just like to go back and forth between male and female mode. Like others have said, only change I plan on making is weight, whihc I have been doing anyway :)

Brenda Freeman
04-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I love wearing womens clothes they feel fantastic, and dressing fully as a woman gives me a feeling of total happiness, I feel special when I am dressed as a woman! I love looking at nice looking women (GG's) not so much to ogle but to enjoy their look, shape and how they wear their clothes and walk and their mannerisms. Occasionally have gone out in public and find it exciting! I admit that if I had breasts that could fill out a bra I would love that, but what would I do with them when not dressed? I am a crossdresser? Whatever, I love dressing as a woman! That much I do know!

Kierci
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM

I'm with Lisa on this one no mens clothes but have no desire to chop my body parts off.

jenna_woods
04-17-2010, 11:53 AM
that's me all the way, just the way I look at my self, a crossdeeresser and NOTHING MORE

ReineD
04-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I wonder how many of these "love being a man" responses are due to a wife or girlfriend that may be looking over the shoulder, so to speak.

I know a lot of "girls" here have their SO's on with them, either openly or lurking

Misty, the number of GG members here represents a minute percentage of all the TGs. And it's hard to tell for sure, but I also think there's a large number of TGs whose wives don't know, so the wives wouldn't be here lurking.

rocketscientist
04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
My male genitalia and sex drive is the one thing about me I do enjoy. My TS girlfriends who are going all the way say that the first things to go are desire to have and ability to have. NO THANKS!

I'm totally with you on this one, girlfriend! Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

Denise Somers
04-17-2010, 12:54 PM
WOW!! What a thought-provoking thread if one takes the time to read all the pages this thread has spanned so far. The one that caught my eye, and had the greatest effect, I believe was what mklinden2010 said both for its overall frankness as well as the doubt it casts on the accuracy of labels. I am close to 50 and first wore a pair of my mother's high heels when I was 10 and remember clearly buying my first pair in 1978. I knew I had an affinity for female clothes, listening to girls talk, and reading about women's issues but never wanting to become one. I went through the Navy, got married, had kids, all the while knowing there was a female side to me. I enjoy the truly fantastic feel of women's clothes, adore the way the sun makes my toenail color pop, feel exhiliarated at hearing stiletto heels click the pavement, and feel I listen better and am a more polite person when dressed as a woman. I like to commenting on women's nail polish or a top they are wearing or the shoes they have on. I do and enjoy all these things but also like being the man I was born. I've had a moustache for 30 years, like fishing, tinkering with things, building sheds, digging habitat ponds, and sitting in the stands in either sideways snow or rain in temperatures well below freezing to support my football team. We all like the look and feel of women's clothes. Would we, with our dresses, earrings, makeup, and heels also like the traditionally lower pay that women tend to get for the same job performed, or the cat calls or other boorish comments that are directed towards women?? And how about those monthly issues? I supoose I enjoy the best of what both offer but am basically content to be a man. I can go up to my land in far northern Wisconsin alone and nothing will happen. Genetic women however have to think how they travel places and usually do it in pairs. The common denominator here is we all like those clothes and shoes, definitely, but wonder what word best describes each one of us. That word should be acceptance. I accept the good-hearted soul who only dresses at home and tells about it, the male who mixes some female items like fem jeans or wedge sandals and walks into the world as such, the person who on Monday greeted the world as Jerry and on Tuesday greeted it as Jeanette, and finally the person born one gender who must get surgery to match how they feel. All human beings and all here at the same point in time at different places on the spectrum. Acceptance is the most valuable and amicable currency we can ever devise.

Denise S.

Misty is Kindafem
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Misty, the number of GG members here represents a minute percentage of all the TGs. And it's hard to tell for sure, but I also think there's a large number of TGs whose wives don't know, so the wives wouldn't be here lurking.

I'm sure that's the case, but isn't it possible that some people would post disingenuously in order to "throw off" suspicion in case it becomes necessary?

I think they call that plausible deniability in the movies ;-)

Another thought that comes to mind; We generally address each other with feminine descriptors and for many of us it fits and we appreciate it, but how do we address those that identify as "all man" and are just wearing the clothes?

If I identified that way, I certainly wouldn't want to be called "girl" just because I was wearing a dress. I might even want to break somebody's arm.

-Misty

Wen4cd
04-17-2010, 01:14 PM
...but how do we address those that identify as "all man" and are just wearing the clothes?

"Brosef"

"Nice frilly dress, brosef."

"Dude" would work too, huh?

"Sup dude, where'd you get those kickass 5" heels?"

eileendover
04-17-2010, 01:32 PM
me - crossdresser only - really - no SO lurking - no arm twisting.

Vickie_CDTV
04-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I am just an occasional crossdresser. I have no wife/girlfriend (or any prayer of finding one I fear), so no one is looking over my shoulder. Since I don't have a relationship I could do anything I wanted as far as that goes, but I am still just a crossdresser and ok with that.

serinalynn
04-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Yes I AM... I love the feel and look of womens clothing. 98% of my wardrobe is womens.

Rianna Humble
04-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I just don't feel that either of those terms (Transgendered or Transsexual) fit me properly. Look at them more closely...Trans-Gendered, Trans-Sexual. I'm gendered and I'm sexual, but nothing has transitioned or is in-transition. It's always been there, and it's always been me.

I respect what you feel, but the Trans part of Transgender or Transsexual does not mean "in transition" but "across" (a bit like transatlantic does not mean that the Atlantic is transitioning but refers to things happening across the Atlantic).

I am transgendered and proud to be so, but as yet have not begun any transition in the formal sense.

But as another poster said, let's not get hung up on labels and what divides us, but rather let's concentrate on what unites us - the cross-dressing. I like labels - they are handy for sending parcels, but not for uniting people.

bobbie anne
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM
YEP. That is me

PretzelGirl
04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Another thought that comes to mind; We generally address each other with feminine descriptors and for many of us it fits and we appreciate it, but how do we address those that identify as "all man" and are just wearing the clothes?

This is a good example of why I think that people shouldn't get upset when they are addressed differently then they wish to be addressed. Correct the person nicely. It is an educational process and there are a lot of difference among all of us. Can you imagine someone that has never been exposed to crossdressers before running into one and saying sir and getting ripped "Do I look like a sir?". Then running into another and saying ma'am and getting ripped "Do I look like a ma'am?". We really don't make it easy.

Vi
04-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Just enjoy letting the fem side of me out every once n a while, so yes just a cd.

sissystephanie
04-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry to have been absent from this thread for so long. I just wanted to say that if someone wants to think I am a Transgender, that is their privilege! I go by the definition that was furnished to me by an M.D. who specialized in Gender disorders! I do think he did know what he was talking about! But as others have said, we really don't need labels! All we need is the freedom to dress as we want!:)

Cassandra Lynn
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Crossdressing as a term does a poor job of describing why we do it, and it was, i imagine, coined to describe the act, not the why.
I think that, simply, explains why so many here are comfortable with the TG label. Too many shy from it because they think trans as in transition or those who are seeking to become a woman.
We should all remember that what we are is up to us to decide, labels suck basically, and we don't need to be held or boxed by them. Transitioning doesn't have to be solely for those who have chosen to under take SRS, it is merely part of the process.
If someone chooses to move more towards living everyday dressed as a woman, and is experiencing a change in their mentality, then they are basically transitioning. Since i would dearly love to spend most of my time as Cassie then i'm ok with the TG label. mj (Cassie)

JOJO44
04-17-2010, 11:18 PM
There are many thought provoking answers here.
I sort of agree most with, I don't know, maybe Denise Somers in letting others be there own personna.

As to me, I must remain as I am (mostly in the closet). I so want to be a woman, but with my face, my voice and my height, I am afraid I am a three time loser.

I dream about being able to pass as so many of you do, but if I show up in public, . . .

Ridicule by the public would drive me off the deep end. So I don't tempt fate, or at least not to tempt fate too often.

I just went on a two hundred mile round trip to look at a job, up and back Jo really enjoyed herself, but five miles short of the destination, I had to change to go to work.

Love to all you wonderful people for keeping my dream alive

I hate all you lucky ones that are so beautiful.

Jo

~Michelle~
04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
I love to dress like a woman for a few days until the anger sinks in again. For me it's nothing but a poor surrogate.

Loni
04-18-2010, 01:07 AM
I am I am. i have no need to change my body into what it is not.:eek:
i love women, i love women so much, i love to look like them. at times i feel like i should have been born a girl. but it is not so, so i shall just try to dress and look like one as much as i can. :heehee::daydreaming:

Loni

eluuzion
04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Thats pretty much it for me too. I have gone out dressed up a couple times for halloween, but thats it. I have no real interest in going out dressed.

Hey Crissy Kay...

I think you are on the right track here! The best method is the simple method. Just take this "poll" the day after Halloween, by asking this question:

When you were trick-or-treating and the person answering the door said "oh, that's a great costume! What are you?",
What was your answer? :heehee:

RachelPortugal
04-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Labels and definitions! Very confusing aren't they? Who fall totally within the strictest definition of any group of people? We are all individuals, aren't we?

I suppose I am a crossdresser and I have no desire whatsoever to transition.

My wife questioned the need for breastforms and wigs if I did not want to become a woman, (something which she would not support as she is totally hetero and would not want to share a bed with a woman). She now accepts that it is about the look and the feel of the clothes. It is not about sex, although who here has not been aroused at some time by the excitement of dressing?

Rachael

prene
04-18-2010, 04:20 AM
But the longer I dress the more I get consumed being a girl.

I have fantasized about what it would be like to wake up with large breasts all the time. What would they be like would they hurt my back if I had a feminine upper torso.

I dream what it would be like to have wide hips and missing a rib.

I have even fantasized about what it would feel like to be out with a man. Having the doors opened, ect....

charlen
04-18-2010, 05:44 AM
I agree with you 100% sissy.:hugs:

charlytuna
04-18-2010, 06:03 AM
why put lable something you love to do. I call myself a crossdresser if their any other names for what I love to do who cares all I know I love to dress in women clothes and try to appear to look like a women. I have no desire to become a women or dress just for sex. I dress cause that my love

Rachel Newark
04-18-2010, 06:09 AM
I'd also like to agree with an earlier comment, both sex and crossdressing are fun :-) and both at the same time ?? wheeeee..

Rachel

suesan
04-18-2010, 06:32 AM
me too, just acrossdresser

Mandy
04-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Exploring my Femme side, Cross Dresser only here :D

Tanya83
04-18-2010, 07:58 AM
It's all about the clothes. And the shoes too!! :)

Tora
04-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Yup, that is me. The clothes lingerie, dresses make-up and wigs - Wow.

Phyliss Hdson
04-18-2010, 12:43 PM
That describes me. Dressing for the pure enjoyment of how wonderful wommens clothes feel on me and for how they make mme feel. True I do doll up and go out, but only to go out with others like me who are dressing for the fun of dressing.
Hugs

docrobbysherry
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
---------- how do we address those that identify as "all man" and are just wearing the clothes?
If I identified that way, I certainly wouldn't want to be called "girl" just because I was wearing a dress. I might even want to break somebody's arm.
-Misty

So, you're saying; a guy puts on a wig, dress, forms, heels, (maybe nylons and make up), and is then OFFENDED if someone calls him, "Girl"?

You've GOT to be kidding, rite????:brolleyes:

PretzelGirl
04-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Well Sherry, I am with Misty. Maybe not the wig and maybe not the forms, but someone who puts on the rest could certainly describe themselves as a crossdresser and they may want to be addressed in male terms. We have several here in the forums that may fall in that category.

Claire B
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I am a crossdresser only. I too enjoy the feel of wearing ladies clothing. In fact as I am typing this reply. I am totaly dressed as Claire. What I have misgivens about. Is that today is the first chance in four weeks to be dressed. And if it wasn't for my wife Cindy insisting that I dress. I probaly would have went to work on my sons new home again today.

sometimes_miss
04-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Again, it's all about the words, about feeling the need to have a label for everything. My label is a bit more complicated than what one word can describe.

JuliaKay
04-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Crossdresser only. Just enjoy dressing in the comfort of my own home.

lauraabdl
04-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Just a crossdresser, I do like to go out, I do still present as a woman mostly, but with a male mustash. Love the clothes, the make-up and the lingere, isn't Being a CD (femme at heart) just great.:love::hugs::hugs::heehee:

Vicky Peters
04-19-2010, 09:00 AM
I enjoy crossdressing in my closet, ok my home.

charlie
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Hello Stephanie!
Well you nailed me. I dress to be the best looking woman that I can be, but would never want to change into one. The strange thing is that I have entertained the idea that dressing as a woman all the time might be fun. More clothes, different looks, more shoes....that sort of thing. However, never changing my gender.

kimdl93
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
jeez, I get confused by all the labels...am I CD or TG or something else. Somebody asked if we thought we thought of ourselves as lesbians.

For the record, I am definately not a Vegan or a Romulan. Other than that, I'm not so sure.

Kaz
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Little boxes, little boxes... why the need for a box to be in?

I am who I am.

Sometimes I want to wear all the clothes (and I mean ALL the clothes!), sometimes I wear little things. Sometimes I get all made up and try to look passable, sometimes I am happy with some mascara, lip gloss and clear nail varnish. Sometimes I want to go out and feel the wind rustle through a mid-legth skirt, or hear the clickety click of heels in the real world. Sometimes I am happy at home in drab and dreaming, but feeling like me.

Then sometimes I want to purge and sometimes I want to fix the roof, mend the wall, be a young Dilbert (Karren- brilliant!), strike fear into a team of senior managers, tell someone they are incompetent (and then rebuild them)....

So... am I just a CD? Guess so?

Kaz xx:hugs:

Lainie
04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes I am a crossdresser. I wear only female clothing, I have no male clothes.

Genetic males who dress only in women's wear usually say they are "living full time as a woman", and refer to themselves as transsexuals--sometimes pre-op, sometimes non-op. How do you behave in pubic? Walk, gestures and voice rather feminine or just like the regular guys on the street? Do you date? Do the people you encounter at work treat you like a girl or a guy?

kaitlin
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes I am a Crossdresser!!! A very kinky,:chained: bi-sexual one:heehee:, but only a crossdresser!

Jaclyn NM
04-19-2010, 05:27 PM
I am exactly like you, in that I simply love to wear women's clothing because I love the feel and the look of wearing them. I wish we could wear female clothing with as much ease as females are able to wear male clothing. That seems only fair to me, but then again, life's not fair.

Lacy PJs
04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm OK with just the dressing. But a question that will remain unanswered is whether my interests are decided by my size. I'm not into Lane Bryant or Roamans styles but that's the size body I have to work with. If I were more petite... I might be a little more daring.

Lacy PJs

Jessica Who
04-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Just a crossdresser, I do like to go out, I do still present as a woman mostly, but with a male mustash. Love the clothes, the make-up and the lingere, isn't Being a CD (femme at heart) just great.:love::hugs::hugs::heehee:

VERY COOL, I think your style is really awesome

On topic, I don't consider myself any label really. I identify with crossdressers, transsexuals, drag queens, genderqueers, etc. :hugs:

docrobbysherry
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Well Sherry, I am with Misty. Maybe not the wig and maybe not the forms, but someone who puts on the rest could certainly describe themselves as a crossdresser and they may want to be addressed in male terms. We have several here in the forums that may fall in that category.

I'm a bit LESS confused.
However, isn't THAT putting a HUGE burden on the unsuspecting public? (Unless that's your intention!)
How the heck is anyone supposed to know how to address u?:brolleyes:

Maybe as, "You", "Dude", or, "The person with the blond wig"?:heehee:

Misty is Kindafem
04-19-2010, 09:52 PM
You've GOT to be kidding, rite????:brolleyes:

Well, kinda.

It just seemed to me that there was an awful lot of "girls" around here who were crowing about how much they loved being men and had no desire to be, or act like a woman.

I was openly wondering how they liked to be addressed.

Clearly, I love being a girl, but IF indeed I identified myself as a man who just loved the clothes, I'm not sure I would like being referred to as a she.

I'm just saying.

-Misty

mapletree
04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
cross dressere too for sure and for today and tomorow ,,,, i sometimes actually almost everyday wish I could dress the way i want and feel
i am a construction project manager and this is not going to happen anytime soon

RikkiHauser
04-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I consider myself a crossdresser. I'm a straight guy just enjoys wearing women's clothing. No desire to be, look like, act like, or become a woman. I don't do wigs or makeup. I don't even buy women's clothing that I can wear as a guy (e.g., women's jeans or pants). I buy heels, lingerie, dresses, panties, and skirts only. No bras for me though. Those are meant to hold something I don't have.

sonna
04-20-2010, 09:07 AM
just a crossdresser

Lexine
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Crossdresser, but there's these caveats that makes me unsure whether I AM one 100%:

I love being a guy.
When I turn on girl mode I have to act like a woman thanks to my perfectionist side.
I CD because I can get away with passing as whatever gender I choose to represent at that time.
I like the idea of being able to wear any garment I want despite my real gender.
I am not attracted to guys or MtFs. I already tried that route and, even in girl mode, my physiological makeup would deny me of being attracted or being physical with them.
I have no desire to be 100% female.

Andrea Reynolds
04-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Love to dress and act femminine. These things feel like the real me, a femminine male. What wonderful, unique beings we are. Andrea

lady sawdust
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
My name's Tracy and I'm a crossdresser.

I love my penis too much to even entertain the notion of what life would be like with out it. He's my Gilligan. :p

susan54
04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
If you must have labels I am a gender tourist. I am like someone who likes to go on holifday to France, speak like the French, dress like the French, eat like the French, speak French, even smell like the French, and would be absolutely delighted if anyone assumed I was French and engaged me in conversation on this basis. It would be very, very enjoyable, without being sexually exciting, and at no stage would I actually imagine I WAS French or want to become as French citizen.

I spend most of my time 90% dressed (everything except make-up, perfume & wig) and assume male outerwear to go to work or shops. I have over 900 skirts and nearly 400 dresses, and I wear them a LOT. I have very nice (and expensive) breast prostheses which I find it difficult to explain even to myself, but who cares? I go out fully dressed as a woman and I go out as a man in a skirt. I do these things because they are fun, not to fit anyone's labels.

girlygirl152
04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
For me I just personally feel more comfortable when im more presentable and not as nervouse about what people think. I know I shouldn't care about what othere think but I do.

sissystephanie
04-20-2010, 05:52 PM

I will admit that when my wife was alive and did my makeup and my wig, I pretty much did present as female if I went out. At least I tried to!!:heehee: But since she has been gone for over 5 years, I don't even make any attempt to present as a female. I go out as a man wearing female clothing from the skin out! No wig or makeup! And often I am also wearing women's shoes! As I have said numerous times, I like feminine clothing so I wear it as a MTF Crossdresser should. Those who don't like to see me doing that can look elsewhere!

Abbey Lane
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Another one here. I just cross dress at home and alone. Nobody knows except this group. I wear panties all the time wife knows that only. But love the feel of silk and panties and nylons. Wouldn't have it any other way. I don't think I could leave the house without a nosey neighbor seeing me.:)

PretzelGirl
04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm a bit LESS confused.
However, isn't THAT putting a HUGE burden on the unsuspecting public? (Unless that's your intention!)
How the heck is anyone supposed to know how to address u?:brolleyes:

Maybe as, "You", "Dude", or, "The person with the blond wig"?:heehee:

That is why I believe we shouldn't get upset when we are addressed in the wrong gender. Just a gentle correction can be educational. If we are having trouble figuring it out with each other, what change do all the people who don't really understand transgenders (or pick your label) have?

Imogen_Mann
04-21-2010, 01:14 AM
CD only here. Wish I could move it along a step, but big body, family life, kids and work get in the way.

joanna marie
04-21-2010, 01:41 AM
CD only
but I wouldn't turn down the magic spell that would change me into a GG for maybe a year or two

Katie4ever
04-21-2010, 04:25 AM
I'm in this group too! Just feels so relaxing and exhilirating (have I spelt that right?!) at the same time pulling on tights and making up my face. While I've been doing little bits of crossdressing since I was 12 I've never had chance to do the full dressup thing yet because of family, uni and now living with girlfriend. One day hopefully though!

AlainaSC
04-21-2010, 05:20 AM
I have wrestled with what I am for years, seen a gender counselor about it to. I am finally to the point where I am not worrying about labels and just accepting that I am who I am. In my case I have experienced a range of what that is, from wanting to only dress, to the other end of the spectrum of wondering about transitioning. But in the end I am a white collar professional, husband, and father, which are important to me as well so I am seeking to find that balance for all four things in my life.

ukstockings
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Crossdresser for me, just love getting dressed up and how it makes me feel.

Mistybtm
04-24-2010, 03:23 AM
:battingeyelashes:More than a Crossdresser I try to be a woman and do everything a woman would do when i am dressed including dating men and everything that goes with it.:battingeyelashes::2c:

xd-tigger
04-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I am just a crossdresser. I don't call myself a girl or female, I'm just a man in a skirt or dress. I prefer the feel and fit of womans clothing.

Blake Lively
04-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Just a closet crossdresser I suppose. I only really dress up in lingerie and shoes. And that's completely in private. Have no desire to go out in public.

Empress Lainie
04-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I am pre op TS, never did CD; OH WAIT! I CD'd as a man and usually passed.

diannecourtney
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Just being in Trukare boobs held in a VS bra with a gaff and cincher getting rid of the excess is good to qualify the crossdresser. Love to all the sisters,

Jannette H
04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Me Too, Cross Dresser, part time male to female.
Luv the clothes.

maryannnite
04-25-2010, 12:56 PM
only a crossdresser here , but do like to get out now and then