PDA

View Full Version : My ex-girlfriend told me I could paint her nails better than she can herself.....

heathr1
08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Has your wife/girlfriend ever praised your make-up skills?

SaraGoth
08-10-2005, 07:52 PM
No, not that...

What I mean to say is that in Japanese kabuki (yeah, didn't guess that one was coming did you!?), men play the woman roles as well. It's been done for I think around 400 years so you can imagine how refined and deep it can get. The irony is that it was created by a woman. But the government banned women from playing the roles due to immorality issues, and thus the "onnagata" was formed. Go figure.

I have a lot of admiration and respect for those guys, especially in today's culture of extremism and intolerance.

Many of the responses, though, coming from audience members and professional actresses (women), say the men do the women roles better than actual women.

http://www.fix.co.jp/kabuki/makeup.html :D

Sarayuki

PS* Though I'm out with my wife, she's doesn't really accept it, and I live with that. I'm not going to force her to change. But I do try to give her 'suggestions' on what to get when clothes shopping. She says I have pretty good taste. That's good enough for me...*shrug* :rolleyes:

gender_blender
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I did my first girlfriend's makeup all the time. I looked better in her clothing than she did as well.

Charlie

Donna Delite
08-10-2005, 09:51 PM
My wife has told me many times my makeup looks better her's.