PDA

View Full Version : How Many Would Be Women ?

Michelle-Leigh
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Which of you among us, if suddenly given the funding and freedom from all inhibiting obligations and barriers, would immediately begin the qualification processes for SRS and the transition to physical womanhood ? I, for one, would not hesitate to do so !

erin8042
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
If i could snap a finger and become a GG I would do it in a sec. But not SRS and the whole show.

Miranda09
02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't believe I would...I like both sides of my personas to destroy either one of them. Now if I could transition back and forth with the blink of an eye...I would absolutely do it. :)

Abbyru1
02-21-2010, 09:45 PM
I really like the clothes. I like what I am and would make a terrible girl. It would be nice to be able to change genders when I wanted it to happen. Not ready to be a full time
girl.

VanessaVW
02-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't believe I would...I like both sides of my personas to destroy either one of them. Now if I could transition back and forth with the blink of an eye...I would absolutely do it. :)

I feel the same way. If there was some instant and magical way to go from one sex to the other, that would be just fine. However, the whole surgery thing, just not my cup of tea. I'm perfectly comfortable in my skin. I do enjoy the clothes.

RobynGirl
02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Omg , I would be there in a minute with no strings attached surgery.

Robyn

Karen__Starr
02-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Sign me up yesterday :o

TG_Nicole
02-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I think i would be there. That is assuming some of my worries of complications from surgeries I've heard of wouldn't happen. As it is i am contemplating hormones but trying not to rush anything.

linnea
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm on the way now; when my lucky star passes by, I hope that it will bring the means and money for these procedures. In the meantime, I'll have to save and budget well.

serinalynn
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
If i could snap a finger and become a GG I would do it in a sec. But not SRS and the whole show.

I believe I would too brcome a Gender Girl. My wife says " Its fun being a girl"
Ok snap my fingers and make a girl.

Aubrey Green
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
yes, 35 years ago and today.

Donnadcd
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
In 2 seconds flat.

What are we waiting for?

NatalieM
02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I would in a heartbeat.

~Natalie

StaceyJane
02-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Count me in!!!!

gabimartini
02-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Ah... the joys of duality!

Let me tell you, throughout my process of self-discovery I've wanted to obliterate CDing from my life as badly as I've wanted to transition, including SRS.

So, I've come to the conclusion that neither extreme is really healthy for me, as I'd probably be unhappy having to let go of either side of me.

Hence, I'm sticking to what I've got, and would not pursue SRS, even in possession of unlimited funds and freed from all other constraints.

brittdoll
02-21-2010, 10:23 PM
No thank you

Michelle 2774
02-21-2010, 10:25 PM
I like the duality too...but unlimited funds and freedom...that would be great especially to get great shoes!!!!

Nicole Erin
02-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Well that depends...

would I actually have to dress all girly girl or could I be the frumpy girl I present as now?

Yes I would.

Tanya C
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
No, I have no desire to become a full time woman. Frankly, even going half-time would be a bit of a struggle for me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a part-time girl and when I dress I dress completely and thouroghly enjoy the experience of being feminine.
But also I'm a guy that side is just as important to me. Being both girl and guy is who I am.

Shelby
02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
I like being a guy most of the time. Shelby is a hobby for me

Sometimes Steffi
02-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I guess my name "Sometimes" says it all.

But, I'd really like to have a (boy/girl) switch.

Or even better, be like Superman. My guy self runs into a phone booth and out comes Steffi. But I guess that only happens in cartoons, and not just because there aren't phone booths any more.

Missy Tanya
02-21-2010, 10:45 PM
No, I have no desire to become a full time woman. Frankly, even going half-time would be a bit of a struggle for me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a part-time girl and when I dress I dress completely and thouroghly enjoy the experience of being feminine.
But also I'm a guy that side is just as important to me. Being both girl and guy is who I am.

Pretty much sums it up for me too!! But if you could snap your fingers???

Tanya

Loni
02-21-2010, 10:52 PM
live as a woman, yes :daydreaming:
...but change..no i like my extra bits.:eek:

Karen564
02-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Interesting!

So for the ones that said yes,

What exactly is holding you back?

LoriFlores
02-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Oh, yes. Please let it happen! Money is what holds me back from SRS. If only I could win the lottery... Then I would live like I should live!
Being a girl full time and forever is my ultimate dream!

JackieInPA
02-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I'd do the poof you are a girl method. Or i would do hormones, and just live like a woman. I am kinda afraid of the surgery to be honest.

Vicki-Z
02-21-2010, 11:15 PM
if suddenly given the funding and freedom from all inhibiting obligations and barriers,

If I was younger there would be absolutely no hestitation. All my life I dreamed of being a girl. At my age now it's kind of late.

Vicki :hugs:

RachelF
02-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I am with Miranda, I would love to become female or male with an eye blink.

Danielle76
02-22-2010, 03:04 AM
If I could live in another state or in the middle of nowhere away from everyone I know, I'd consider doing it. The sucky thing is that overall, I prefer being a guy. I would LOVE to experience what it's like to be a woman, but only for a time. I wish it were possible to transition just for a few months to a year...

Nina
02-22-2010, 05:03 AM
I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I hate my life as a transvestite other times its good and with other like minded girls I've made many friends and become popular too. I've done many things as Nina that had I transitioned may not have done like feature on the cover of a trannie magazine. Most of the girls who I've know transition don't want to hang around with the likes of me anymore which I understand but also find a little sad. Also the thought of all that surgery would frighten me to death and even then unless you're very very good people may still look at you a that woman that used too be a bloke. Not sure i'd want that.

I always say I'd love to have been born a woman but not sure i'd ever change into one. I was born male no matter how much I hate it so I'll stick with just pretending to be female whenever I can.

Cindy_Act
02-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Yes, definitely and only decided that recently after a lot of thought. But circumstances (not money so much) dictate that it just isn't feasible. Otherwise, I would be off to the doctor's today.

Stormgirl
02-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Oh yes, absolutely! Where do I sign up?

siantv2003
02-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Ah... the joys of duality!

Let me tell you, throughout my process of self-discovery I've wanted to obliterate CDing from my life as badly as I've wanted to transition, including SRS.

So, I've come to the conclusion that neither extreme is really healthy for me, as I'd probably be unhappy having to let go of either side of me.

Hence, I'm sticking to what I've got, and would not pursue SRS, even in possession of unlimited funds and freed from all other constraints.

I'm with you on this. I'm like dressing as a girl but I also like being a bloke. Taken me a long time to understand this part of me and I've realised that I wouldn't want to be a girl permanently. What I'm after is the ability to dress how I want, when I want without society judging me

Dee2U
02-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Count me in. No nuances here. My only regrets would be if some parts of my life never happened -such as my own glorious daughters...Dee

erickka
02-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Only if there was a magic wand to change me when I wanted, then change me back. IMO, women still do not have it as "easy" as men do, thus I have no desire to put up with all the BS that they go through in their daily lives.

thechic
02-22-2010, 07:25 AM
I would definitely say yes to that,Count me In.:daydreaming:

Geneva

Sharon B.
02-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes in a heart beat.

Karen__Starr
02-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Interesting!

I have the funds all saved up and more, doctors approval for hormones but want to transition to a woman over time but the first step is lose the male part between the legs. Therapist tend to want to follow the Benjamin laws to the T and would approve me but want me to live full time for 12 months which I am ready to do but would lose things in life which I am not willing to give up. So it appears I have to wait several years or find one more therapist to approve me as one has already.

curious5752
02-22-2010, 07:42 AM
If I had the funds available I would transition to a woman.
Cathy

NathalieX66
02-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh, yes. Please let it happen! Money is what holds me back from SRS. If only I could win the lottery... Then I would live like I should live!
Being a girl full time and forever is my ultimate dream!

That's an interesting way to put it.
In besides hoping to win it so you can make the transition, one should ask one's self the following question: If you won $10 million, or £10 million, what would you do with the money?

That was the question that made me decide what, I am, and what I'm about. ...Which I decided transition is NOT for me. However my new $10 million could by me one helluva wardrobe! :D

Suzy Harrison
02-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Two years ago I developed the realisation that my needs exceeded the scare factor - which basically means I got to the stage where whatever the cost is going to be then I'm going to do this anyway. I was prepared to loose everything.

I have never enjoyed any male aspect of my life and don't miss that part of it.

So I went from just CDing to hormones, coming out to the world, which includes full time employment as a female. The next step in 6 months time is SRS.

I don't regret any of it - in fact it's been 9 months and I've never been so happy. This is my time and nothing will stop me now.

Ruth
02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
It's interesting that so many say they would, but they don't. I've given it much thought over the years and have concluded that, apart from all the family and social connections that would be affected (probably badly) by the change, I simply don't want it.
The person that I am is most represented by an effeminate male that dresses in women's clothes. I don't aspire to be a woman, so having surgery to make me resemble one would be an expensive, painful and potentially dangerous mistake.
I don't maintain that I am happy as I am, because society at large just doesn't 'get' people like me, so I feel something of an outcast.
But, I am what I am.

Nina (uk)
02-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Sorry but what does SRS mean.
I would go so far i think but not all the way.

faltenrock
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
No, I love women, but I don't want to be one.

Kate Simmons
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Going under the knife for any reason is not on my list of favorite things to do. I would have to make absolutely sure I had no other options before I made a decision to do that.:)

Madilyn A.
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I would be in that very long line with you sister.

Stormgirl
02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Sorry but what does SRS mean.
I would go so far i think but not all the way.

SRS = Sex reassignment surgery

Phyliss
02-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Which of you among us, if suddenly given the funding and freedom from all inhibiting obligations and barriers, would immediately begin the qualification processes for SRS and the transition to physical womanhood ? I, for one, would not hesitate to do so !Key words here "Funding and freedom from ALL inhibiting obligations and barriers.." Given that set of guidelines ...you can believe I would. I've been giving some VERY serious consideration to this.
Interesting!So for the ones that said yes,What exactly is holding you back?The fact that there are some "inhibiting obligations and barriers" funding isn't an issue for me. I'm presently working at removing these "obligations and barriers"

Suzy Harrison
02-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Going under the knife for any reason is not on my list of favorite things to do. I would have to make absolutely sure I had no other options before I made a decision to do that.:)

It's strange but I feel so strongly about this that the thought of the knife and pain afterwards doesn't even make the slightest difference to me. But what is more telling is that if someone told me I had a very good chance of not surviving the surgery - I would still go ahead. I know that's a kind of awful or drastic thing to say, but that is how badly I feel I need this.

Amymonroe
02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
yes i would go for it with out a doubt. some times i pray for something to happen to me that would require me to get the SRS. i have lived half my life as male i want to try the other half as a woman.

MonicaJean
02-22-2010, 09:25 AM
With a wife and kids my answer is "no".

Before wife & kids, I seriously considered it.

NOTE TO YOUNG CD'ers: evaluate if you want to go forward with changing your life early in your life, don't be miserable or waiting 2 or 3 decades to make the transition. Once life gets complex, it's even harders to make it uncomplex (marriage, kids, families, etc). Either way, make a decision and run with it.... don't waste many years due to fear, embarassment, what ever.....do it, either way, just make a decision. I'm happy to see the younger crowd these days not being held bound by fear, embarassment, etc. To be free of that allows you to make a clear-conscience choice.

Oh to be 18 again...

Bobbie Bee
02-22-2010, 09:29 AM
I hope this doesn't offend, but if I could become a woman, I'd end up being a lesbian anyway. So, I'll stay who or what I am and admire women from there.

MonicaJean
02-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Two years ago I developed the realisation that my needs exceeded the scare factor - which basically means I got to the stage where whatever the cost is going to be then I'm going to do this anyway. I was prepared to loose everything.

I have never enjoyed any male aspect of my life and don't miss that part of it.

So I went from just CDing to hormones, coming out to the world, which includes full time employment as a female. The next step in 6 months time is SRS.

I don't regret any of it - in fact it's been 9 months and I've never been so happy. This is my time and nothing will stop me now.

Congratulations! Do you ever compare/contrast between looking back saying "I wish I would have done this years ago"? I wish more younger CD'ers would chime-in on this topic. Especially nowadays as culture has changed to make it easier to become female in many circles.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
For me SRS has no appeal. In regards to the "Poof" option, that one one still be flawed for me because while I think it would be easier for me if I were born a girl, I think the time in my life when I would have most enjoyed being one is already past me, namely being high school and college.

Now, if someone asked me, if you could relive your life as a girl, I might ponder it, but then again, it's hard to consider losing a lot of my experiences as a guy. Since there's no possible way for this to really happen, it's a fantasy that doesn't force you to really consider the consequences.

Engendered
02-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Becoming TS would make relationships with women a lot harder, and even remove some of the enjoyment I feel I get from CDing. Plus, it would be shutting the door on having my own kids in the future.
Being as much of a girl as possible, while still retaining my tools...then yes.

victoriamwilliams1
02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I think for me I would not at this time of my life, I have family and I would not want to do something to change myself. However I would own "Investment Property" in another state that I would stay at for at least a few days to a week out of a month as Victoria.

To do that it would take Power-ball and Mega Millions to do that!

5150 Girl
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd get my SO's approval first, and if she says yes, I'll be there first thing in the morning!

TGMarla
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I read Suzy's contribution to this thread, and it makes me all the more happy for her. There but for the grace of God go I. As appealing as life as a woman is for me, I will not opt for transition and SRS at this time. I have chosen the life I have with my wife instead. I will always harbor some pangs of regret, but I will stay with my decision, and remain male, and pursue life as my wife's husband. I'd have opted to have been born genetically female, but we do not get to make those decisions, and I'll play the cards that were dealt to me.

Were all mitigating factors to be stripped away - the family matters, relationships, job issues, and the whole lot - my decision would likely be different, and I'd opt for transition.

Lorileah
02-22-2010, 11:35 AM
So for the ones that said yes,What exactly is holding you back?

exactly. how does the saying go? do or don't do?

the TS people here know the score. There is a real good reason they have to jump through the hoops they do.

The time you spend in between shows you what you can expect afterward. It isn't a fairytale with knights and castles. Sure you get to wear the clothes and do all the stereotypical things you think all women do, but you will find it is pretty much the same life with lower pay. The grass is always greener until you jump the fence.

I think this is more a jealousy idea than a real TS thought. You see the "fun" stuff of the clothes and dressing up but you don't think 6 months ahead when you are getting paid less, treated differently, coming home from work too tired to put on anything other than sweats and throw a in a microwave dinner. Being a woman full time is different. It isn't the glitz and glam (most women went through that in their late teens and early 20's when they had time to dress up and party). You think that after surgery you will be princess Grace but you will be just the woman next door. There is the job, the home, making ends meet, if you are lucky to have or keep the family you will be doing housework, cleaning, feeding caring for the children. It isn't a dream job and that is why so few really follow through. The ones who know how it will be. The ones who survive the RLE (sort of like boot camp). I think with the scenario of the OP there would be a lot of "I want my penis back!" out there.

I like being able to switch back and forth and if there was a magical potion that allowed you to switch back and forth totally, then maybe I would but after a couple of times that would have less priority also. Be careful what you wish for, it isn't always what you think it will be.

EnglishRose
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Sure you get to wear the clothes and do all the stereotypical things you think all women do

There is the job, the home, making ends meet, if you are lucky to have or keep the family you will be doing housework, cleaning, feeding caring for the children..

I take it that you also think women do stereotypical things? Also, some of us share these responsibilities already :)

Kate Simmons
02-22-2010, 01:48 PM
It's strange but I feel so strongly about this that the thought of the knife and pain afterwards doesn't even make the slightest difference to me. But what is more telling is that if someone told me I had a very good chance of not surviving the surgery - I would still go ahead. I know that's a kind of awful or drastic thing to say, but that is how badly I feel I need this.Interesting you say that Suzy. Do a search on Renee Richards, the famous tennis player/Doctor from the 1970's who had SRS. She no longer advocates it for anyone. Let me know if you still have the same opinion after reading her thoughts.

StevieTV
02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I would!

Then I could finally change my wish to something else when I see a shooting star, blow out birthday candles, find a penny....! :daydreaming:

ver0n1c@
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM

i second this, im not big on surgery! :)

Karen564
02-22-2010, 04:02 PM
exactly. how does the saying go? do or don't do?

the TS people here know the score. There is a real good reason they have to jump through the hoops they do.

The time you spend in between shows you what you can expect afterward. It isn't a fairytale with knights and castles. Sure you get to wear the clothes and do all the stereotypical things you think all women do, but you will find it is pretty much the same life with lower pay. The grass is always greener until you jump the fence.

I think this is more a jealousy idea than a real TS thought. You see the "fun" stuff of the clothes and dressing up but you don't think 6 months ahead when you are getting paid less, treated differently, coming home from work too tired to put on anything other than sweats and throw a in a microwave dinner. Being a woman full time is different. It isn't the glitz and glam (most women went through that in their late teens and early 20's when they had time to dress up and party). You think that after surgery you will be princess Grace but you will be just the woman next door. There is the job, the home, making ends meet, if you are lucky to have or keep the family you will be doing housework, cleaning, feeding caring for the children. It isn't a dream job and that is why so few really follow through. The ones who know how it will be. The ones who survive the RLE (sort of like boot camp). I think with the scenario of the OP there would be a lot of "I want my penis back!" out there.

I like being able to switch back and forth and if there was a magical potion that allowed you to switch back and forth totally, then maybe I would but after a couple of times that would have less priority also. Be careful what you wish for, it isn't always what you think it will be.

Thanks Lori,
Great post!

What you said is very true, and the grass is not always greener, it seldom is really, it's just different....Although I was fully aware of that and did a reality check before I hopped over the fence 5 months ago...and I'm not hopping back only because this truly is the right path for me and always knew that in my heart, and had no choice, so like you said, this doesn't mean it would be the right decision for everyone as you already pointed out, but many don't really "get it" until it's too late.

And just as you mentioned, in reality, not fantasy land, life as a woman is not all glamorous, well not for me anyways, since I'm not into the showgirl/ nightclubbing lifestyle, because it does get old after a while...and so chose to live my life like any other regular everyday woman..well sort of...lol

I do my errands like everybody else, then come home & get comfy, make dinner, study for school, chat with family & some good friends then go to bed, sleep, wake up the next morning, make my coffee, get dressed, then start my day all over again...and even though I may pamper myself every now & then, it's not very often at all..because I need the money for all the surgeries to come in the near future.
And with all of that going on, I have to be out in the real world & deal with with the public every day...
It's certainly not for the weak and must face what ever they throw at me but keep moving on, because I can't hide in some corner or switch back into a safe zone..
So I applaud the ones that do know realistically what they need to do, be it live this life, something in between or being happy as a part time girl..with their male life still intact..or just a male, all in all, it's all good..
:hugs:

Teri Jean
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM
For me the answer is yes and working on it as we speak. After 5 months as a woman, RLE, and starting the HRT this next month I would have to say the truth is in the realization this is right for me and not everyone.

Teri

abigailf
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I wish I was a girl! I wish I was a girl! I wish I was a girl!

The problem is, once I became a girl, I would probably want to be a boy again.

It's a nice fantasy, but I like both male and female sides of me, it makes me whole.

Lorileah
02-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I take it that you also think women do stereotypical things? Also, some of us share these responsibilities already :)

No, but a majority of the fantasy "girls" here do think that as women they would do stereotypic things and NOT do male things. That when they get their wish they will suddenly become June Cleaver and all their problems will disappear. You go back through the thousands of posts and find how many wish they could cook and clean and do laundry "just like a real woman". No one is stopping them from doing that now as a male but that is what many here think "being a woman" would be like. Surprise! If you woke up tomorrow as a woman it wouldn't be all fun and games. It would be a lot harder than the escapism that many here believe they will have. This question and ones like it come up often. The answer often is "Yes! make me a woman!" but then ask "Why?" "So I can dress pretty and go shopping and have someone take care of me, and all I have to do is be a house wife" It ain't going to happen. GG's don't even get that 99% of the time. Housewives work their butts off...that is why they don't meet the guys here who wish their wives would dress up more often with a Teddy and a glass of wine all ready for a night of wild monkey love. Probably a better question would be if you could wake up tomorrow as an international sex goddess with unlimited funds and you will never get old would you switch sexes? Then the yeses would ring true. Trust me quite a few who say yes now would be crying to go back after a few months because it isn't all they thought it would be.

Many here can't ever be a crossdresser in public how could they be a woman? Read Karen's post. Life isn't any more glamorous as a woman than it is as a man. It is just different.

Kristy_K
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
One that I have ask myself many times. I can't say for sure either way. But I do like the results from some hormones.

josie_S
02-22-2010, 06:37 PM
I guess I'd probably take all that money and SHOP SHOP SHOP and wear whatever the hell I wanted to because WHO CARES? I'm RICH :D

What? You say money won't solve all my problems?

Dammit.

Samantha B L
02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
No, but a majority of the fantasy "girls" here do think that as women they would do stereotypic things and NOT do male things. That when they get their wish they will suddenly become June Cleaver and all their problems will disappear. You go back through the thousands of posts and find how many wish they could cook and clean and do laundry "just like a real woman". No one is stopping them from doing that now as a male but that is what many here think "being a woman" would be like. Surprise! If you woke up tomorrow as a woman it wouldn't be all fun and games. It would be a lot harder than the escapism that many here believe they will have. This question and ones like it come up often. The answer often is "Yes! make me a woman!" but then ask "Why?" "So I can dress pretty and go shopping and have someone take care of me, and all I have to do is be a house wife" It ain't going to happen. GG's don't even get that 99% of the time. Housewives work their butts off...that is why they don't meet the guys here who wish their wives would dress up more often with a Teddy and a glass of wine all ready for a night of wild monkey love. Probably a better question would be if you could wake up tomorrow as an international sex goddess with unlimited funds and you will never get old would you switch sexes? Then the yeses would ring true. Trust me quite a few who say yes now would be crying to go back after a few months because it isn't all they thought it would be.

Many here can't ever be a crossdresser in public how could they be a woman? Read Karen's post. Life isn't any more glamorous as a woman than it is as a man. It is just different.

I don't think I would like the surgery although I do respect that many people on the forum make that choice. I don't exactly consider myself to be a female but there are a lot of aspects of my personalitiy that are very feminine and sissified which I have tried to cover up for and disguise. I gesture and talk like the women selling sweaters and afghans on QVC. I can't help it and honest,I've tried to cut it out. I grew up in Southern Illinois and I was afraid it might get my ass kicked. I was a crossdresser in public for about a year when I was 19 but there were people in my family who were so freaked out by that I had to eventually tell them I "quit" crossdressing. I would crossdress in the town I live in near St.Paul/Minneapolis but most of my trips out are for nuts and bolts kinda stuff like going to the supermarket,the hardware store and the pharmacy. I hate to sound like a princess.

You can contemplate whether or not you would literally like to be a woman 24/7 but one thing Lorileah points out is that women aren't paid as well as guys! Waitresses get the minimum wage! It's appaling. My Mom had what I thought seemed like fairly cushy jobs after my Dad passed away but I found out that she was paid abut $5000 less than what a man would get. I was thinking about the surgery back around 1975 but I chickened out. Life would still have it's going to the bathroom,mowing the lawn and running the vacume cleaner side to it. I've become scared of the surgery over the years and I wouldn't do it. But I respect that many of you girls have had SRS and I know some of you would like to.

SAMANTHA727
02-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I would be a girl I have alway loved everything about them and if I could I would change my sex. I would want to be one all the way giving birth and all, thats not going to happen so a sex change is not for me I still would never be a real girl.

Rachel A V
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Great post Lorileah! As one who has jumped the fence myself, I can see that you are one who really gets it. No pink fog around you!

sherri52
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I would like to be able to snap my fingers and become a woman, but only if I had the power to switch back and repeat as often as I like.

KatieEvans
02-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Within a heart beat, id love to be a GG

Katie XxX

pantyboy10
02-22-2010, 08:07 PM
If I could instantly turn into a GG I would....... but spare me from the long, drawn out and costly SRS route.

bound_cd_bianca
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM

I share Miranda point of vue . I couldn't deny being my male self , I'm in no way ashame of my masculinity . I'd only accept if I could go back and forth although my budget for clothing would more then double !

IamSara
02-22-2010, 09:55 PM

ditto

Renae Word
02-22-2010, 09:58 PM
To much history to do now, but take away the history. In an instant!

Zenith
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
I have been on hormones for a year now and full time working RLE for about 5 months...haven't left the house once as a male...and guess what? It's tough being a woman...real tough...you notice the loss of male privilege...sometimes it can be downright scary how you are treated when they perceive you as a woman...and you learn pretty quickly that women in our society are judged on appearance...and you can't go anywhere you want anytime you want alone like you did as a male...

That being said...

I really wish I wasn't a woman...but it's absolutely true...and it fits...I'm never going to find peace unless I do this...SRS is scheduled this year...this is what it's like to be trans...

AlanaRachelle
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Nah. I want the best of both worlds - to get grubby working on old cars, or get pretty and wear short, sexy, soft things. What I need is a genie or a magic lantern.
Wait. Wait. Danica gets away with it....
"I think I better think it out again."

Zenith
02-22-2010, 10:38 PM
There are moments......when being your true girl self can be incredible...

Sarasometimes
02-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Count me out. SRS is not a cure all and has a lot of pain involved. I would still be quite tall and have big hands. I like too much of being a man to change fully. My macho job would be totally different if I did it as a female. I would be in on all the guy stuff. Now the magic shange trick is something I would go for but that isn't a real option beyond the way i currently do it.

Miranda09
02-22-2010, 11:49 PM
There are moments......when being your true girl self can be incredible...

You're doing great Julie and I admire you greatly for the lifestyle changes you're making. I know it'll work out for you. :hugs:

wehtam
02-23-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm don't feel I'm ready to so I'd wait but if it was a now or never offer I'd do it.

EnglishRose
02-23-2010, 12:59 AM

You're absolutely right... I also recently read not only Renee Richards', but a few other stories and warnings. I can only imagine what a psychological s---storm there could be for a person if they underwent a change and found it wasn't for the right reasons, after all.

There's a lot of polls around here with yes/no answers, or "are you in set A or set B?". Fun fantasy, sure, but reality, hell no.

Karen564
02-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Count me out. SRS is not a cure all and has a lot of pain involved. I would still be quite tall and have big hands. I like too much of being a man to change fully.

That's totally understandable.....And I can appreciate that totally..

And true, SRS is not necessarily a cure all for everyone...That all depends on the person & if they were or are truly honest with themselves to begin with.

And using what you said here is where the TG/CD & TS spectrum splits & goes in different directions..

Speaking for myself, my pain was caused being born in a males body, which is Extremely painful emotionally when you feel that your born gender & life to be so wrong beginning from the time of your earliest memories...
So the very short lived pain (if any) from the SRS Op is absolutely nothing compared to a lifetime of emotional pain & torment living as woman inside a mans body when your born with GID.

As far as physical traits, like large hands, which I think I have large hands....but again, when your TS, it's not going to stop you at all, there comes a time when Nothing can stop someone from transitioning because it goes Way beyond any physical characteristics or beauty, and it sure didn't stop me, because I'm far far from being petite or pretty.
I never liked or ever wanted any part of manhood what so ever, I really did try hard to like it, but it didn't work out, even though I used CDing as a means of an temporary escape from being a male from the age of 7 right up to the point before I went full time just before I turned 49 ...but that's just me speaking..

:hugs:

Suzy Harrison
02-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Congratulations! Do you ever compare/contrast between looking back saying "I wish I would have done this years ago"? I wish more younger CD'ers would chime-in on this topic. Especially nowadays as culture has changed to make it easier to become female in many circles.

Since my transition is going so smoothly, I have sometimes wondered if I should have done this many years ago. But I wasn't ready before now - and I dont think society was.

Now, at this time, I feel fully ready and society is more accepting than 20 years ago- this is my time

Denise
Interesting you say that Suzy. Do a search on Renee Richards, the famous tennis player/Doctor from the 1970's who had SRS. She no longer advocates it for anyone. Let me know if you still have the same opinion after reading her thoughts.

Hi Denise, thanks for posting that - and it's good that you did as I need to understand where it didn't work out for others.

I went to this site to read up about her: http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Warning.html

I think a large factor was she was such a famous tennis player - and then a TS person. Whereas, I may be very well known in certain medical circles in Western Australia - outside of this, no one knows of me. So when I'm out and about no one even notices me.

The site also mentions her heavy masculine brow line, which looked unusual for a female. I don't have that, but I'm still going to have some cosmetic surgery done at the same time as my SRS, to tune up the look.

In other cases on the site, it mentioned that some had gone through the change as a sexual fantasy - only to discover once the sex drive had gone, then the need was no longer there. My drive has gone too - but a I still want to do this just as much as before.

I realise that SRS won't make me suddenly pass 100% - in fact it will do just about nothing for me in that area. It's just one more thing done - I still have the voice, the walk, the shape, the mannerisms, the emotions, the hair - and everything else to master.

I have no doubt that this is a risky business, with a lot at stake. A lot hangs on acceptance - and I know my appearance will have a great bearing on that. This is why I've gone to so much trouble and take so much care with my make up and style. We have to try a lot harder than GGs to stand the slightest chance of making it.

I'm sure I have some difficult times ahead of me, but I will sort them out as they arise. If you really want something this badly you just have to keep trying.....

But the recipe for success? - it's not how good you pass, - it's support from someone who cares (best is a GG).

hugs Suzy

Kate Simmons
02-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Well said Suzy. I see you have given this a lot of thought. I just wanted you to be sure as my friend. There are many who have gone through with it (some here)who may be disappointed that things did not work out the way they expected. If, however, you are expecting disappointments and not expecting perfection, then you are ahead of the game my friend. I wish you well and all happiness with whatever you decide to do.:hugs::)

Suzy Harrison
02-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Well said Suzy. I see you have given this a lot of thought. I just wanted you to be sure as my friend. There are many who have gone through with it (some here)who may be disappointed that things did not work out the way they expected. If, however, you are expecting disappointments and not expecting perfection, then you are ahead of the game my friend. I wish you well and all happiness with whatever you decide to do.:hugs::)

Thank you Denise. This has been the happiest 9 months of my life.

Everyone I know just says how happy I look - and so they understand this is right for me. I'm not saying it's easy, but I have never felt so content before

Not once have I ever thought 'Am I doing the right thing?'. I'm having the time of my life.

hugs
Suzy x

MJ
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
But the recipe for success? - it's not how good you pass, - it's support from someone who cares (best is a GG).

hugs Suzy

how very true

sonia_dargency
02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
no way I want to be a woman, and I believe there is too much illusion about what surgery can do.

My goal is to become the person I am inside, who is a blend of both gender, but mostly male. If were born female, I would certainly be a FTM crossdresser... both sides need to come out in harmony to be who we are.

a note about surgery: my wife had a birth mark on her cheek when little, and an although famous cosmetic surgeon pretended to fix it (cosmetic surgery was at its debuts back in the 60's). He butchered her face so bad, that she went under the knife 15 more times just to fix it and its far from perfect. (if you were wondering, no, they did not win the lawsuit, the surgeon had a better lawyer and malpractice lawsuits were also at their debuts back then)

LisaM
02-23-2010, 09:36 AM
It would be no choice---I would be a woman. Frankly, I feel I am one now but my body is a problem and my life is too complicated.

Debbie37
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I used to play the video game Pool of Radiance, it was one of the first adaptations of D&D to video games and in that game there was some treasure that was cursed and swapped your gender magically. Once the curse was removed I could go back and forth at will. Now that's how I'd like to do it. I was born the way I was born and I wouldn't change any of that, but I still like to dress the way I like to dress. Switching back and forth at will would be great but that only happens in stories, so here I am bouncing back and forth at will with whatever mundane means available to me. I talk too much...

suchacutie
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Ok, I'm spoiled I guess. I love both genders. If there was a way to split 50:50 and have everything happy in the world around me I'd do it immediately!

tina

AllieSummers
02-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I can honestly say that if given the opportunity I would NOT do it.

I would do some other things that weren't so drastic like getting a boob job if it wouldn't be a financial burden and wouldn't hurt anyone.

I think I would live as a woman probably 80% of the time if the opportunity presented itself. The other 20% I'd be a guy. Sometimes it is just easier being a man. :)

Kisses,

Allie

MissAmy
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I would if nothing in my life would change besides the change. I would also freeze some of my sperm and/or get married and get my wife pregnant before I lose the ability to reproduce.

KateSpade83
02-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Even if I won the Lotto I would not have a sex change. I don't believe any surguries can make me a woman. Only if God changed me into a woman would that work. And I did ask God to change me into a woman.

Deborah Jane
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
And I did ask God to change me into a woman.

Can I deduce by your presence here that God said No then?

Suzy Harrison
02-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Even if I won the Lotto I would not have a sex change. I don't believe any surguries can make me a woman. Only if God changed me into a woman would that work. And I did ask God to change me into a woman.

How did you get on?

Zenith
02-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Seriously Kate, that is an obnoxious statement to trans people...but in a manner you are right...the surgery doesn't make you a woman...you have to be one first before it makes any sense...it then allows one to make their way in the world...

KELLYANN
02-23-2010, 09:51 PM
i'd say yes. IF i were so much younger. little late now i think

linnea
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Interesting!

I'm now in the process, getting the therapy that I need to provide the documentation to my doctor and then beginning hormones and probably having some cosmetic surgery (eye lids and chin) in about a year.

ArleneRaquel
02-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I have lived as a woman for 6+ years. :)

Sara Olivia
02-24-2010, 12:27 AM
I would also in a heart beat

jenifer m.
02-24-2010, 12:28 AM
yes i would do it in a heart beat!

Suzy Harrison
02-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Seriously Kate, that is an obnoxious statement to trans people...but in a manner you are right...the surgery doesn't make you a woman...you have to be one first before it makes any sense...it then allows one to make their way in the world...

So true. If anything, the hormones do far more to you than the surgery will ever do. The journey is long and hard with the surgery and even the hormones just one little step each - there's still much more to do.

Imogen_Mann
02-24-2010, 04:22 AM
So long as all the barriers were removed... Or indeed had never existed, I would have done it years ago.

Electra
02-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Not me in this life since I am quite happy being male but given a choice for next life, if such exists, then I would like to be a woman for a change.

MargaretJ
02-24-2010, 06:27 AM
No, it has only ever been about the clothes and shoes with me. If I could do the switch flicking thing, and switch it on and off to improve my look, I would, but not any permanent physical changes. I have certainly become a lot more aware about the problems of being a women, while out and about en-femme, and there have been some scary moments that I wouldn't like to be a permanent feature of my life.

fetishtop
02-24-2010, 08:38 AM
I've never wanted to switch from being a male to a female permanently. Having said that, I agree with many replies here that it would be great to be able to switch back and forth at will; no surgery, no permanent gender. Switching into female mode, I'd want to be able to compare bodily and emotional responses between genders. I've often wondered what it would be like to be sexually penetrated as a female--in fact to try it all, all the time saying to myself, "So that's what that feels like!" then ultimately returning to my "primary gender," male.

What I've always wanted to do is to have the build and facial features that would allow me to pass as an attractive female, go out en femme and have a blast. This can't happen.

There's no doubt in my mind that with a permanent change a trade-off would occur wherein as a female I'd find some negatives as well as positives. You don't get a free ride in life.

Jayme: as I recall, the next two lines of Thomas's villanelle (sp?) goes:
Old age should burn and rage at close of day,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

fetishtop
02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Being pedantic: I think "rage" shold be "rave" (at close of day). Please correct me if required.