PDA

View Full Version : benefitting from a purge

Gillian
02-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Well,

I am the lucky one today. My wife had a purge at the weekend of old make-up she doesn't use and boy did I cash in. The trash is taken today so it is a safe steal for me, so after she left, I rescued a load of foundations eye-shadow's and brushes etc that are now in my hoard.

As I am now sitting with some really good foundation on fully dressed I am a very happy Gillian today!

Loni
02-22-2010, 04:17 AM
carefull. bacteria and fungus can grow in places you might not think.

some ladys dump makup every so offen due to this problem.

Karren H
02-22-2010, 09:42 AM
carefull. bacteria and fungus can grow in places you might not think.

some ladys dump makup every so offen due to this problem.

:iagree:

I have lipsticks that I haven't touched in a few months that have gone bad.. Stuff older that 6 months could be suspect.. Especially moist makeup.. Dry stuff over a year old and anything that has been tested or used by someone else could give you a nice eye infection.. I don't share makeup or use anyone elses as a general rule.. And I do throw out old makeup all the time.

christinek
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I have rescued a few item of clothes the wife was going to send to the good will. There was nothing wrong with them she just never wore them. So I will :D

victoriamwilliams1
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I am not a fan of sharing make up and it is easier to buy new with self check outs now.

:iagree:

I have lipsticks that I haven't touched in a few months that have gone bad.. Stuff older that 6 months could be suspect.. Especially moist makeup.. Dry stuff over a year old and anything that has been tested or used by someone else could give you a nice eye infection.. I don't share makeup or use anyone elses as a general rule.. And I do throw out old makeup all the time.

I am getting the same if my makeup makes it that long.

I have rescued a few item of clothes the wife was going to send to the good will. There was nothing wrong with them she just never wore them. So I will :D

Same here

Gillian
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
The foundations were brand new and sealed as were the eye shadows, it's just she never used them so got rid, I will (and already have now) and am benefitting. I also got some un-opened Elizabeth Arden day cream as well,,,,

JenniferR771
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Good on you Gillian. I have done the same.