PDA

View Full Version : What to do next

Neutral Fire
02-22-2010, 02:09 PM
So I guess you could say I am kinda in the doldrums here and I still need 9 posts so I figured mine as well write about this. My wife knows about my other side and honestly has been great about it. Sure not the 100% happy excepting type but way close enough she lets me dress by myself and as long as its not to girly aka a lot of pink she has been inviting me to get dressed when she is around. I am allowed to shave and allowed to grow my hair out we even went shopping together and I am starting to believe she really thinks I am not as scary as I think I am.

SOOOOO....... Why am I not like crazy happy and relaxed why do I feel things have slowed down and I have a lot of work to do on this whole cross dressing thing? Honestly I am a little worried about breaking what great things I already have if anyone else has been in this state I would love to here from you. Also if a gg has any info about things I can watch out for to make sure I am treating my wife with the upmost respect for herself and her feelings that would be great to thanks a million.

ps. I am also kinda new but what the heck is pink fog

minalost
02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Don't get between a skirt and a crossdresser in "the Pink Fog" or you might get run over :D. It's when you get the urge to CD so strong you "have" to dress up no matter what...

Neutral Fire
02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't get between a skirt and a crossdresser in "the Pink Fog" or you might get run over :D. It's when you get the urge to CD so strong you "have" to dress up no matter what...

ahhh sounded scarier then that in my head guess I haven't gotten the fog yet well that's good thanks for the info.

JustWendy
02-22-2010, 02:27 PM
And lock up your credit cards. When the pink fog hits, you'll shop like there's no tomorrow - new wigs, makeup, outfits...you name it. You'll want to dress 24/7 and come out to everyone you know so that they can share your happiness. Hopefully the fog lifts before you lose your house, family, and friends. Beware the fog - but it's doubtful you can avoid it.

Wendy

danielle.cd
02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
my wife was the same way till i reapeatedly had to reasure her that for me if im gana dress like a women i want people to see me as a women rather than dude that is wereing womens clothes,
and that she isnt loosing her man like she thinks, after some explaining and leting her know that this isnt going away and that rude jokes in front of poeple that i dont ever want to find out isnt right and just makes me angry she now realizes this and is more willing to talk about stuff that i like of the girl clothing, just remember to let her know that yeah she may be uneasy with it but you need her to be there for you through it all especially if she doesnt want people to know your dressing up for fear of what people will think of her,
any tips and stuff and shell be able to do her gurly thing with u like makeup and shoping for shoes or a purse ( wich is so fun by the way) just have to have open well comunication and you both will come around to enjoyin both sides of you in eachothers company

Neutral Fire
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
my wife was the same way till i reapeatedly had to reasure her that for me if im gana dress like a women i want people to see me as a women rather than dude that is wereing womens clothes,
and that she isnt loosing her man like she thinks, after some explaining and leting her know that this isnt going away and that rude jokes in front of poeple that i dont ever want to find out isnt right and just makes me angry she now realizes this and is more willing to talk about stuff that i like of the girl clothing, just remember to let her know that yeah she may be uneasy with it but you need her to be there for you through it all especially if she doesnt want people to know your dressing up for fear of what people will think of her,

any tips and stuff and shell be able to do her gurly thing with u like makeup and shoping for shoes or a purse ( wich is so fun by the way) just have to have open well comunication and you both will come around to enjoyin both sides of you in eachothers company

So just keep being open with her its hard mostly because I am so embarrassed and shameful over it but hey I can do anything for her so I will also we did do the makeup thing together from what i can tell its her favorite cross dressing thing to do something about the eye shadow she says is fun.

DonnaT
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
SOOOOO....... Why am I not like crazy happy and relaxed why do I feel things have slowed down and I have a lot of work to do on this whole cross dressing thing?
Because there is a little loss of freedom. When we get married, there is an added responsibility meaning more work in the relationship. When we have children, then there is even more responsibility.

With your CDing you have to consider your wife's feelings now, which means a little more work, a little loss of freedom.

But look on the bright side, you've discovered your wife isn't unaccepting, and with patience, and working together as a couple, you'll get to that crazy happy and relaxed state.

Neutral Fire
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Because there is a little loss of freedom. When we get married, there is an added responsibility meaning more work in the relationship. When we have children, then there is even more responsibility.

With your CDing you have to consider your wife's feelings now, which means a little more work, a little loss of freedom.

But look on the bright side, you've discovered your wife isn't unaccepting, and with patience, and working together as a couple, you'll get to that crazy happy and relaxed state.

Thanks donna that makes some good sence I relly want to make sure I respect her feelings its on the top of my list any ideas of good ways to check in with her/ bring up how she feels over cross dressing? For now I am just plain about it aka how do you feel about this or that but maybe I should be doing so activities with her to help lossen up the old how do you feel muscles?

DonnaT
02-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't know about your wife, but I would get tired of being asked "How do you feel about X?" all the time.

I suggest that you set compromises, and that you both remain open and honest to each other. Then, if she feels like she needs to tell you how she feels about something, she should do so without you having to ask. If you need to discuss something that might not be working out, or a particular need, then you should be able to do so.

No arguing!

Billijo49504
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
The pink fog, I know it well. That how I went from a new Lane Bryant card to a platinum card in 13 month.:doh: Now also platinum at Avenue.:daydreaming:
I have found that from the thrill of dressing, I went to a point of just dressing the way I'm comfortable. At first it was a WOW thing of doing it. Now I get up, shave, brush my teeth and put on at least mascara, if not more makeup. As they say, don't try to figure it out, just enjoy it...:hugs:...BJ

mklinden2010
02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
>>Why am I not like crazy happy and relaxed why do I feel things have slowed down and I have a lot of work to do on this whole cross dressing thing? Honestly I am a little worried about breaking what great things I already have if anyone else has been in this state I would love to here from you.

Long story short, she said, "OK" and now you have to "put up or shut up" with what you said you wanted to do.

Well, be careful what you wish for...

On the plus side, your inner feelings about this aren't going to change so now that you've made this third step of the next thousand, just keep plodding along and things will get better - over time.

In the long run, you'll both be glad you got on this path. A lot of worry just got wiped out, and, what the heck, a little work never hurt anybody.

Take your time and keep the faith. A pile of diamonds requires digging every inch of the mine...