PDA

View Full Version : Does exercising affect your desire to dress?

gabimartini
02-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Last year, I was training very hard. Used to play tennis for 2 hours plus, nearly everyday. Days I wasn't on the court, I was doing cardio. After the first month of training, my desire to dress simply vanished!

I wasn't en femme for one single day, didn't underdress once for the entire period. And it was no purge either. I kept all my stuff, wasn't repressing myself. My SO was supportive and encouraging, she even said she missed my girly self. It's just that I didn't feel the need to dress.

About a month and a half after I completely stopped training, my dressing came back with a vengeance. I was on vacations and spent nearly 3 straight days en femme. Just couldn't shake off the pink fog. I haven't resumed training and have had some severe bouts of pink fog since then.

What about you? Has physical activity influenced your dressing in any way?

Joanne f
02-23-2010, 06:13 AM
I wanted to play tennis once but the problem was i wanted to wear a tennis skirt .:D

jenifer m.
02-23-2010, 06:39 AM
i myself go to the gym 5 days a week to keep tone i also do 4 hours of cardio but ive never stopped dressing at the very least i underdress each day,i dont think working out has any thing to do with it.for whatever reason i think most crossdressers go through dry spells of not wanting to dress.

*Andrea*
02-23-2010, 07:24 AM
For me it's the opposite.
I have those strong crossdressing periods that then stop for some reason (usually when I had my mind fully on something up until I went to sleep: wedding, new apartment set up, heavy work periods, etc...). But when I'm in those active crossdressing periods I have the urge to exercise, and I know why: I just want a nice body to put my clothes on. When I have a break in crossdressing I totally ignore my body.

Phyliss
02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
I spend about 45 min to an hour everyday at the gym (early in the morning, before work) yet I still want to dress everyday, (and do). Simple, really, if I'm gonna expend all that effort to look good, body wise, I might as well decorate it with girly clothes.
It's taken better than 4 years to go from a fat, slovenly, out of shape, +240# slob to get where I am. 170# and able to run 5K in 36 min ( not record breaking by any means, BUT I can do it) Think size 18 or better to size 8 in my skirts.
I exercise to stay trim and be able to buy the cuter smaller clothes

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-23-2010, 07:42 AM
It's been almost a year since I was a member of a gym, but when I was I actually had the opposite feeling. When I was working out I had a heightened desire to dress a bit. I remember one day I was doing cardio and I could see into the class room where there was some sort of latin dance/aerobics class going on and in the instructor had changed into a loose tennis-style skirt and I suddenly felt very jealous of her. I also bought a couple of pairs of Victoria's Secret's "VSX" brand panties, the stuff that wicks away moisture, to always wear under my workout clothes. I wanted to buy a pair of their yoga pants too but never did.

When I began losing weight last year because of changing the way I eat, I did have about a month or two where I dressed a lot less, but looking back I think that was just because I was starting to get so excited about how I looked in a lot of my men's clothes, and at the time I was sort of in this "in-between" stage where, in guys clothes I had dropped down from an extra large to a large, but in women's I still had to wear borderline plus sized things, so they made me feel fat. Once I got closer to my target weight though and felt really good about my body I started wearing skirts a lot more again.

In your case though, if you were training 2 hours a day, it may just have been that you were so dedicated and focused on that stuff that you just didn't have the psychological room to give focus to your crossdressing. I know that there have been times where I get really busy doing something and CDing doesn't even cross my mind.

JustWendy
02-23-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm with Raquel on this one. Exercise and dressing sort of feed each other for me. When I dress I want to look good, and I become more aware of excess pounds, especially around the middle. So I exercise so that I'll look better in my skirts and dresses (I don't really care so much how I look in a pair of chinos). The better I think I'm looking, the more motivated I am to exercise. Getting into shape makes me want to try on that dress that was a little too snug before. I think Ryan has a point too. Your workout was so intense that it was probably more a matter of focus on other things than an actual physical correlation between exercise and diminished desire to dress.

Wendy

Kate Simmons
02-23-2010, 08:15 AM
I think it enhances it more than anything. Being lithe, long and sexy doesn't happen by accident.:)

Jocelyn Quivers
02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
It's enhanced the desire 100% for me as well as dieting. I basically workout 6-7 days a week rain, sleet, and snow. The main motivation is to fit into the outfits I have. On my off days it's mandatory that I workout before getting completely dolled up. It gives me confidence to know I look my best.

EnglishRose
02-23-2010, 10:41 AM
After I started running on a treadmill, I found I could again fit into a couple of dresses that were too tight, and the skirt I tried last night simply fell off.

So yes physical activity affected me in that the clothes I can wear have changed... for the better :)

insearchofme
02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
I strength train 3 days a week and do cardio 5-6 times a week. There doesn't seem to be any influence on my desore to dress.

JustAlex
02-23-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't exercise regularly but I have a very active lifestyle. When I had time to exercise at home, I used to wear a maillot that my wife has for her yoga classes, that and pantyhose.
I play tennis a lot and I went to play underdressed. It's tricky to dress and undress to take a shower but I have my ways. And sometimes I play at a place that's very close to my home. So I go straight there to take a shower.
I've never stopped dressing because of my physical activity.

Karren H
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Nahhh... But I have noticed that when I'm dressed, the urge to exersize vanashes!! Probably something to do with getting sweaty!! I've played 3 ice hockey games in the last 8 days and dressed 4 times... So no relationship on this end..

DonnaT
02-23-2010, 01:53 PM
I haven't resumed training and have had some severe bouts of pink fog since then.

What about you? Has physical activity influenced your dressing in any way?

That might have just been a coincidence. Many have experienced periods of no desire to dress, for no reason. Maybe this happened to you and just happened to happen when you were exercising.

Try exercising hard again and see what happens.

As for me, I go to the gym every day. Mainly to swim laps. I can loose up to 2 pounds in one session (but it won't stay off :( ).

I use the desire to dress/appear better as motivation to keep swimming, and am up to 3000 meters a day. I've lost a little over 60 lbs so far.

So, exercise has never caused me to not want to dress.

kimdl93
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty much on the same page as Jocelyn on fitness. Although i've been in fair shape most of my life, I had a little setback a decade or so ago and gained too much weight. I felt unattractive, no matter how I dressed. Plus my blood pressure and cholesterol were high. I went back to the gym more diligently - at least 4 days a week - and shed the extra weight. I personally think its increased or at least complimented my desire to dress because I feel that I look better in my clothes. I will admit that my arms show the work - but I'm a fan of the Michelle Obama look anyway!

It's enhanced the desire 100% for me as well as dieting. I basically workout 6-7 days a week rain, sleet, and snow. The main motivation is to fit into the outfits I have. On my off days it's mandatory that I workout before getting completely dolled up. It gives me confidence to know I look my best.

sherri
02-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Put me down in the Opposite column too. The more trim and in shape I am, the more fem I feel, the more I enjoy dressing and the more I want to go out. Honestly, dressing was my primary motive for losing 40 pounds a couple of years ago, and it's prolly the single best thing I've done for my gender expression. I agree with Donna -- you should give it another shot. Just keep in mind that a CDer's fitness goals are different than a guy's -- flat tummy, shapely legs, firm butt, but no bulk! :) I think it also helps to coincide exercise with really getting into other aspects of feminizing -- skin care, tanning, manicure and pedicure, etc.

sherri
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I use the desire to dress/appear better as motivation to keep swimming, and am up to 3000 meters a day. I've lost a little over 60 lbs so far.Good for you Donna!!! I'm proud of you girl.

Dee2U
02-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Exercising, losing weight and getting slim and toned really makes me want to dress more. I feel and look more feminine when I am slim. Also - my exercise method is aerobic and toning videos. They speak to the viewers as women and have exercises geared to helping the feminine form (I have to watch how much weight I lift and not go too heavy - especially on the biceps). Dancing always makes me feel light, graceful and feminine. It also helps that they women in the videos are real role models - so fit and usually dressed in really cute exercise togs (escept for some of the dated videos). All in all, exercising makes me feel more feminine and wanting to dress. So does dieting - but that's a different thread...Dee

minalost
02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Some years I've exercised a lot, and some years not at all. There has been no relationship between my crossdressing and my work out schedule as far as I can tell. Right now I'm hitting the gym 6 days a week for 50 min of cardio and I'm feeling the urge more than ever.
:hugs:

msniki48
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm with Raquel on this one. Exercise and dressing sort of feed each other for me. When I dress I want to look good, and I become more aware of excess pounds, especially around the middle. So I exercise so that I'll look better in my skirts and dresses (I don't really care so much how I look in a pair of chinos). The better I think I'm looking, the more motivated I am to exercise. Getting into shape makes me want to try on that dress that was a little too snug before. I think Ryan has a point too. Your workout was so intense that it was probably more a matter of focus on other things than an actual physical correlation between exercise and diminished desire to dress.

Wendy

wendy, I think i had better take a page from your book hun. I have not been excercising and the tummy has grown, my ability to get into my dresses has not been successful, and i find myself not dressing, but wishing i could, but not dressing because i am not comfortable,,, but again wishing i could.

Do you think i should get off my a**???

i do

i'm gonna start tonight hun:love:

hugs

msniki48

sherri52
02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I find the exercising is to enable us to fit into prettier clothes or at least smaller sizes