PDA

View Full Version : Ladies first agian. Easy way to change sex.

Stephanie Miller
02-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Rats. Or maybe more appropriatly I should I say MICE, have been used to show how it may soon be possible for Female to Males to change sexes. By switching a simple gene they go from female to male. Maybe we will see the Sham Wow salesman pitch the GenderGene in the near future!
Sign me up! :D

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2009-12/gene-switch-transforms-adult-female-mice-males

Persephone
02-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow, Stephanie, that's really interesting!

I was particularly interested in the line in the article, "The FoxL2 gene works by suppressing a male gene," because it seems to me that a few months ago someone had posted an article about how a fetus doesn't become male unless the process is triggered by a "male gene" turning on.

I'm normally compulsive about searching things like that out, but kinda tired tonight and still have the dinner dishes to do.

Thanks for posting that!

Hugs,
Persephone.

AllieSummers
02-24-2010, 10:12 AM
This is very interesting. I posted a comment on the article because some idiot commented that transgendered people were deformed. :eek:

I hope you like my response. :)

Kisses,

Allie

jasmine57
02-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Very interesting article. Some of the comments just go to show how narrow minded people can be. Allie's response was perfect.

EnglishRose
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
This is very interesting. I posted a comment on the article because some idiot commented that transgendered people were deformed. :eek:

I hope you like my response. :)

Kisses,

Allie

I thought it was the perfect riposte to such ignorance, especially when read with the article on gender, that is linked off one of your blog posts.