PDA

View Full Version : wigs vs natural hair

Shaylynn
08-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi girls
I was just curious on what you perferred -natural hair or wigs. I have been letting my hair grow and by Oct I hope to get it styled. Right now my hair is just down to the back of my neck I do love swishing it around, it makes me feel so very girly.
Hugs to all you sisters
shaylynn

Deidra Cowen
08-10-2005, 07:51 PM
:eek: Would love natural hair but stuck with wigs.

Mx Justina
08-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Ha ha ha...

Why would anyone wanna drag around a wig box...if they could avoid it!????...

J.

Tristen Cox
08-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Yep me too; no wig if I could. Should never have cut it off. :rolleyes:

Clare
08-12-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't own a wig, so it's natural hair for me!

Since i'm out of work at the moment, i've decided to grow my hair and see what happens. So far, it's just bushy and don't look to good i have to say! I guess it's in that awful stage when you can't do anything style wise. Can't wait for it to get longer, although at my age and with a small bald patch, i'm not hopeful of a long thick mane of hair!

More time please!

Christine

Jamie M
08-12-2005, 08:23 AM
I would love to grow my hair long but to be honest it would make my work a real pain in the A:censor: so i'll just stick with the wig for the time being

Lisa Marie
08-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I prefer wigs myself Angie :thumbsup:

Wendy me
08-12-2005, 11:19 AM
my hair is growing longer no wig for me eather.....

Adrianne
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I wish i could have my own hair, but it is falling faster than it grows so wigs for me.

Adrianne.

Priscilla1018
08-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I find wigs too hot to wear for any length of time,natural long hair for me.

jo_ann
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
everytime I try to to grow it out, I can't get past that in-between stage and I shave it all off.. I will grow it out someday.. aint nothing like being able to put it up in a ponytail :)

Shining Star
08-12-2005, 09:16 PM
it has to be real hair for me as i don't have any wigs thats the way i like it so i can put my hair in pigtails

Sharon
08-13-2005, 02:18 AM
I had long hair until I cut it off when I was looking for a new job last year. :mad: I have been growing it back again ever since and it has finally gotten past that awful "in between" stage, to where I can finally begin to style it and put it in a ponytail when I want. I still think I look better in a wig though, but I have sworn off them until the weather cools a bit.

Shaylynn
08-13-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm really looking forward to having long hair, so I can have a ponytail. Maybe I''ll even try pigtails.
Shaylynn :)

gamester_40
08-13-2005, 06:59 AM
This question comes at an interesting time for me as I have grown mine and it is starting to reach past my collar. Of course, it is not easy to get any real style going at the moment and there are natural problems to contend with. I'd like natural hair but have a wig. It is my natural hair in my pic - its grown a bit since then.

I'm also in the silly stage where I am toying with breast development and butt development (they have definitely plumped out) and am having a continuing war against body hair. I'm using suggestive techniques and they seem to working slowly but working nonetheless.

suzi_cd
08-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I've been trying the hair extensions you can buy at Claires.

suzi

xxx

jessbcuzz
08-13-2005, 07:18 AM
I wish I could grow out my hair. There would be so much more to do with it than having wigs with differnet styles. However, I like being able to choose what color of wig to wear. My normal hair is dark black, and being able to wear a wig gives me a chance to see what I look like as a blonde, red head, ect.

Angela Burke
08-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi girls
I was just curious on what you perferred -natural hair or wigs. I have been letting my hair grow and by Oct I hope to get it styled. Right now my hair is just down to the back of my neck I do love swishing it around, it makes me feel so very girly.
Hugs to all you sisters
shaylynn
Wigs are worth the effort.
But they're such a pain to wear!
Same as heels!
Ah well! I suppose one must suffer for ones art!

Love Angela XX

Gail Evans
08-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I would love to style and colour my own hair, but due to circumstances I have to use wigs.

Gail

Wendy me
08-13-2005, 10:30 AM
that whole in between stage is long for gotton after your real hair is grown out.....real hair is way cooler than a wig up in a poney tail ...you hardly notice it at all....

Rossie
08-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Wigs for me are very sexy.

Serena
08-16-2005, 01:48 PM
I've have long hair since I was 14, and I've been going with it, because I just feel sexy with it. I know it's a little more risky, but it's way worth it. Especially when you have make-up

MaylinJane
08-16-2005, 11:04 PM
I've never owned a wig. Unless you count the T-shirt I wore on my head as a kid :D . I let my hair grow out when I got out of the navy, I didn't have a hair cut for 7 years. Then about 2 years ago, I had it all chopped of as part of my last purge. I cried for about an hour afterwards. Swore I'd never do that again. My hair just barely brushes my shoulders now, the in between part really bites. I timed that part for the winter when I can just wear a hat.

Shaylynn
08-23-2005, 03:58 AM
My hair is just past my collar and is gegining to cover my ears. I love the feeling when i swish my hair around. Makes me feel so very girly. I am starting to get comments from the guys at work, like "Who are you trying to be ?" Really can't do a whole lot with my hair yet, it's still in that in between stage. Wish i could get away with using hair extensions to speed up the process.
hugs

Lisa Golightly
08-23-2005, 04:06 AM
Natural hair for me. I'm lucky it hasn't decided to divorce me yet although I'm as white as Gandalf now... I started going grey at 16!!! Still it gave me the excuse to dye it at an early age ;)

I'm currently growing it long after having it shoulder length for ages. I'm hopeless when it comes to styling so I'm hoping that the weight will cause it to hang neatly, rather than looking like a cat has had a fight with it! My stylist, Julie, always gives an audible sigh when I enter her salon, and it's not because she's starry eyed... She's just embarassed that this human crow's nest is one of her girls. :o

Imogen_Mann
08-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Wig's for me.... My job is a macho short hair manly banter sort of thing, and anyway, with out a wig, people could see the white hairs sprouting relentlessly from my temples :( I like wigs for the versatitlity, changeability, and just the feel of "dressing up" that I get wearing one.

I'm saving up in my PayPal account for another one... I LOVE eBay :love:
XX

Jayme

gender_blender
08-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Natural hair is, well, more natural and beautiful looking. Mine is to my mid back. It's wonderful.

Charlie

Crystal Harmony
08-23-2005, 06:12 AM
I would have to say real hair all the way :thumbsup:

geegee2
08-23-2005, 06:19 AM
I just wish someone could tell me how to make my hair grow faster, I have receeding harline so I use wigs. But really want long hair of my own,its getting there a little at a time. Would love to have it down to my butt :D but I can wait or just keep wearing wigs.luv,kisses,hugs

DeannainWI
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
In my case a wig is the only way i can get femme looking hair.There is just not enuff hair left on the top of my head to grow out.

ebony
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
I agree with Pricilla wigs are to hot and I hate to sweat, so I decided to grow out my own hair. Its about an inch below my ears I wear it in corn rolls,
french braids what ever you decide to call to speed up the process. I have not
yet had a chance to style it but soon as I get a chance its bye bye wig time.

Marcyme
08-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I have a few wigs, but I love having my own hair in fem colors/styles!!!!
In boy mode, everyone just thinks I am wierd ;)
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13258
This is my latest color/style :D