PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I did it!!!

StaceyJane
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Those of you who read my earlier thread know that I had been trying to work up the confidence to go to my therapist appointment as Stacey.

Well today I had my appointment and I did it!!!

I sucked up all my courage and got out of my car and walked down the sidewalk as Stacey to my therapist's office.

It felt wonderful!

I had a great session which went by really fast and then I got to walk back to my car down the sidewalk.

No one laughed or pointed fingers. I don't think anyone even looked at me.

I'm so glad I did it. I have to keep pushing myself but it's so worth it.

jenifer m.
02-24-2010, 06:55 PM
congrats to you every time you do something like that it will get easier.i remember my first time going to the mall en fem i sat in my car for 25 mins befor i worked up the courage to go in,but once i was half way through the door my fear went down to more of a nervousness i guess but it was exilerating,and now i can do it really easy now after about maybe fifty outings. just keep pushing your self girl.

SusanMarie
02-24-2010, 07:06 PM
What you did might almost be more valuable than therapist time...
ie self confidence.:bighug:

Deborah Jane
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Congratulations Stacy, I'm sure that boosted your self confidence a treat and soon going out "dressed" will become second nature to you :)

Shelly Preston
02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Well done Stacey

I know how hard it can be to out when you are taking those first steps

Missy Tanya
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
So Stacey, Which of you needed the therapist?? Just kidding, You go girl. Besides if I was to go to Therapy it would be for Tanya. She's a hand full!!!

Best Wishes, Tanya

sherri52
02-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Stacey: I think all that walking in the snow paid off for you. Of course you may be a little lightheaded from going too high on the swing. Good for you

Faith_G
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you did it, it's a big step but worth it. :happy:

Tranny Tee
02-25-2010, 06:36 AM
As one of the ones who encouraged you to do it please accept my congratulations. It took a lot of courage but you succeeded.

JustWendy
02-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Stacey, you've earned a big hug - come on, get over here ...:bighug: I'm so happy for you, you've put a smile on my face - probably doesn't match yours, but thanks for sharing the great news.
Wendy

Jamie48
02-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Wy to go Girl, You are a credit to all of us.

tanyab
02-25-2010, 06:56 AM
I went out dressed for the first time last night to a Tgirls meeting. On my way there I stopped off to get cash from an ATM but nobody took much notice of me. Can't wait to do it again.