PDA

View Full Version : Wardrobe Malfunctions!

windycissy
02-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Yesterday when I unpacked my silicone breast forms, I was shocked to find goo oozzing out of one of the seams...being a guy, I immediately thought of duct tape, then I remembered that a girlfriend gave me a roll of some clear tape she used for instant facelifts etc, worked like a charm :) but it's only a temporary fix :sad: what's a girl to do?

sherri52
02-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Like you said temporary fix. Time for a new pair.

Jamie48
02-25-2010, 10:40 AM
OMG I hate when that happens. Try silicone adhesive.

Stephanie Miller
02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
I've always gone to WalMart and picked up one of those little vinyl repair kits that are used for wadding pools. The glue in them is the only thing that has adheared to my forms. I try not to use the vinyl patches, just glue. But sometimes the rips are too big, so then one must default to patches. (use small area as test patch). ( Typical disclaimers apply :D )

Laura Evans
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I repaired a small tear in mine with silicone adhesive, it is clear and worked very well.

Andy66
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Or you could try Shoe Goo - you know, the stuff for fixing holes in the bottom of sneakers. But you say some of the goo has already leaked out, so you might not want to wear those anyway. It'll look like you have a flat. :heehee:

gabimartini
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I had the same happen to me. Fixed it with clear tape. Like Sherri said, time for a new pair! :)

windycissy
02-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Silicone adhesive, now whey didn't I think of that? The clear tape is holding up okay so far, but I've been meaning to get a new pair anyway, one size smaller this time since these babies make me look fat with certain outfits...

windycissy
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Use a pair of socks. Works fine too. In fact someone at URNotalone today was surprised when I told her that...haha.

Been there, done that...birdseed in nylons too, nothing can compare to silicone forms, they look and feel like the real thing and their weight forces you to carry yourself more like a woman, I love them!

Cristi
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I've gone through a few pair myself. The first pair didn't break at a seam, but from some kind of puncture on the inside. I must have snagged it on something taking it out or putting it away.

I put a band-aid on it to fix it, thinking it might last a day or two... and it lasted over a year!

The 2nd pair I 'used up' separated at the seam. Not much I could do there. I can't bring myself to throw either pair out, but they are different sizes and shapes so I can't 'mix and match' the remaining good ones unless I want to look VERY lop-sided!

Jilmac
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
A bead of clear silicone caulk on the boo boo (under the tape) should give you a permanent but fragile repair. If you invest in another pair of forms you can keep the repaired pair as a spare.

Genifer Teal
02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Clear bandages are available at CVS. It is like a second skin. Almost like saran wrap with glue on one side. Ask for help in the store and they can show you. This material is similar to the outer layer of the forms. If you can clean enough of the slippery silicone off, it will stick well and last longer than you might expect. Depending on the location, some repairs last longer than others. I wouldn't recommend it if my friend and I didn't have good success wit it.

Gen

Woo Hoo!!! Post 1000!

windycissy
02-26-2010, 12:07 AM
You girls are the best, I love this forum!

PretzelGirl
02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Just to amplify, the bandage I have seen mentioned most often for repairs is Tagaderm. This is the one that is used a lot to put over the needles when an IV is inserted. Here are the appropriate threads:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3888766