PDA

View Full Version : Im scared!

Ada Ant
02-27-2010, 03:52 AM
OK! recently I have found my self wanting to wear ladies clothing. As of about a month ago I acted on this urge and bought a couple pairs of panties. a couple days later I shaved my legs and I have to say I love It. yesterday i went and bought panty hose, some tights, and a couple pairs of cute long knee high girly sox. I am not attracted to the ladies as much any more its like the nerves i used to have is gone. you could call it the power of the panties or something! The main reason I write this post is I am frightened! I have no clue where this came from and what scares me the most is how much i like it!!

Joanne f
02-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Hello Ada Ant,
i do not know your age but i get the feeling that you are quite young , if so these feelings could come from different place`s at the moment but if you are enjoying it and it does no one any harm then there is no need to be frightened of what it means and i am sure that you will work that out soon enough.

Daintre
02-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Ada, as you have found out, this is a safe place to come and talk, let out your concerns and ask questions. Most members start dressing very early in life early teens or even earlier. There a still quite a few who start later in life. The thrill of the panties, the dressing can come on like gangbusters and may even be a bit overwhelming. I think your need will lessen the more you go on. No advice except enjoy yourself and revel in your new found desires.

Jeanne Hamilton
02-27-2010, 08:39 AM
When the crossdressing urge first hits it is indeed frightening, but giving in turns out to be very satisfying. Keep going, it gets better, much better.

Andy66
02-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Just a thought...

Have you ever tried a new food that was really delicious? Then you ate way too much of it because it was so good? Eventually you got used to it and could enjoy it without going overboard, right?

Or did you ever try a new sport or fun activity that you loved? And kept saying "that was great, let's do it again!" until your friends got tired and threatened to leave?

Maybe this is what's going on with you now. It's something new and unexpectedly fun. But it will be okay. :)

Edit: I see that you're about to turn 30. (Happy soon-to-be Birthday!) At this age you can expect your way of thinking and the general focus of your life to start changing. Don't worry, you're far from over the hill, but you are probably evolving a lot right now, and all sorts of new things will start opening up to you. Once again, it will be okay. :)

KateW
02-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Its an exciting discovery and one that can massively improve your life. Enjoy it, embrace it and have fun

gabimartini
02-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Though it is indeed a little frightening and confusing, repressing generally makes matters worse. After your initial urge is over, just go with the flow. Try not to throw what you bought away (purging). Dig up as many information as you can on CDing and read, ask questions, interact. The road to self-acceptance is a long one, but it is well worth it.

KateW
02-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Try not to throw what you bought away (purging).

Very good point. I think most of us have purged at some point in our lives but all it does is cost you more money buying it back again! It's no different then a gay man avoiding men in an attempt to become straight. You are who you are and you should embrace it!

Elle1946
02-27-2010, 09:51 AM
It is most likely that you have found yourself. Don't be afraid, just do what is in your heart.

Kate Simmons
02-27-2010, 09:59 AM
The main thing is to understand the process and how it works. It can take on a mind of it's own if not reined in. The best way to understand the process is to understand yourself and get a handle on your feelings.:)

sherri52
02-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Ada and welcome to the forum. We have all espierenced the fright of dressing. We don't know what makes us the way we are but we do know that those that expierence dressing usually find an inner self awareness that would not have been achieved otherwise. As stated above, you are not hurting anyone. Enjoy your dressing and this site.

Nigella23
02-28-2010, 07:34 PM
You should be scared, it's gonna cost you a fortune buying an entire new wardrobe! (just kidding.)
Don't be scared, enjoy yourself, take your time and don't forget to breathe! Don't forget you're never alone.

jenifer m.
02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
hello ada, dont be scared every one of us has gone through this feeling at some point in our lives,believe me there is nothing wrong with you.you have absolutly nothing to be ashamed of.in fact you are the same as the next guy,its just that he isnt lucky like you to be blessed with a strong feminine side.your fem side will definently be an asset to you in the future.dont repress your feelings,but dont go overboard either.just let nature take its course.at some time later you will be glad you did. hugs. jenifer

docrobbysherry
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
"Remember, it will ALWAYS be with u"!:brolleyes:

" But, beware of the Dark Side!":Angry3:

And, only U will know what that is, Ada!:eek:

Tina B.
03-01-2010, 09:36 AM
welcome to the fear most CD'ers spend years learning to deal with, good that you found us, it might help you learn to except the new reality of your life. If you like what you have done so far, wait until you discover slips, girdles and garters. All fun stuff that is going to make you feel great. And if you get that far into it, make up and wigs, while not cheap sure add to the feel.
Once you have given into the feelings of wanting to dress, most never turn back, some try, but find it hard to give up something that makes you feel so good, and whole. As John Lee Hooker used to say, "it's in you and it's got to come out", so learn to accept, and enjoy, it's much better than Guilt and doubt.
Tina B.

Frédérique
03-01-2010, 10:37 AM
The main reason I write this post is I am frightened! I have no clue where this came from and what scares me the most is how much i like it!!

No reason to be frightened, darling -- people do this, and it's called crossdressing...:heehee:

Anne’s words are very wise – there’s no need to be scared about an urge coming “out of nowhere,” since this happens all the time. Everything comes in waves, so you need to ride it out and wait for the next one. I say keep going, explore your new interests, and take things as far as you wish to take them. I remember the first time I did all these (at the time) novel things, way back before there were supportive sites like this offering feedback and comfort. I never wondered why I began – it all seemed like a natural progression from things I already felt inside. Bringing things to the surface seemed logical and proved to be fun – I just wish I had started sooner…:battingeyelashes:

Melissa Rose
03-01-2010, 11:09 AM
It is natural to be a little afraid. Discovering and trying something new, especially if it is misunderstood or considered to be different by many others, can be scary, but also very exciting. Later you will look back and wonder why you were so afraid.

As others have stated, go with it and see where it leads you. This is all part of finding and loving your true self. It is not an easy path so don't travel it alone if possible. Take advantage of resources such as this one and seek out others like yourself. Finally, don't over analyze it and yourself. Don't go blindly forward or proceed mindlessly, but thinking too much about the "whys" and "how comes" tends to drive you crazy since there are no simple, clear or one-size-fits-all answers. Embrace your feminine side and be proud of who you are.

KimberlyJo
03-01-2010, 11:10 AM
OK! recently I have found my self wanting to wear ladies clothing. As of about a month ago I acted on this urge and bought a couple pairs of panties. a couple days later I shaved my legs and I have to say I love It. yesterday i went and bought panty hose, some tights, and a couple pairs of cute long knee high girly sox. I am not attracted to the ladies as much any more its like the nerves i used to have is gone. you could call it the power of the panties or something! The main reason I write this post is I am frightened! I have no clue where this came from and what scares me the most is how much i like it!!

Hiya Ada, welcome to the site!

Something similar happened to me about a year ago. "Out of the blue" I got an uncontrollable urge to put on my wife's clothing. She was out of the house with the kids so I went into her closet and tried on everything she owns that would fit me, and wow I loved it!

The first couple of months were both very exciting and very confusing. Sometimes I thought I was just completely losing my mind and other times I felt so good that I just couldn't deny how right it was. I found this site a few months later and it really REALLY helped me to come to terms with what was going on.

So yeah, try not to get overwhelmed, take things slow, it's really easy to let the excitement sweep you away. It's great, it's fun and exciting, but it's something that's probably going to be with you for a long time so there's no need to rush :)

Cathytg
03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Be not afraid.

If you are truly TG and/or CD, you have probably been that way all your life. I assume that nothing awful has happened so far, so try not to worry. Explore your new discovery in a safe manner and enjoy the revelation about who you are. If it all seems very scary, look not at the CDing but rather take a look at your upbringing and the environment in which you find yourself. You may find that your fear is not about you but is really about what your culture has taught you about you.

Smile.

Rachel05
03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh Ada I used to feel like you did all them years ago and it takes time to understand yourself as well, but this place is great to share and we all have a shared interest, I only wish this site had been around for me all them years ago - let go and enjoy if it makes you feel good then it should be enjoyed

Ashley S
03-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Ada. I agree with what was posted above. Don't fight or repress the urge to crossdress, it just drags out the situation and you'll still have to deal with it sometime in the future. The desire to crossdress, for a lot of people, seems to come and go. So, if you fell like dressing up, dress up. If you don't feel any urge to dress up, don't get rid of your stuff, and try not to feel guilty. Remember that it's something that you enjoy, but just don't feel like enjoying it all the time.

I think it's normal to be a little scared, the same way you're a little scared when you have to change jobs or houses...sure, it could turn out to be bad...but it could also turn out to be AWESOME.

I think it's good to take it slow, especially in the early stages, so you don't do something you regret.

Aleca
03-01-2010, 06:50 PM
You might feel frightened because of the reality of the situation - that you love it, have discovered what satisifies you -and this is you BUT at the same time reality bites back. One suddenly realizes the obstacles (friends, coworkers, neighbors, family, church members, the general public) they will face and if you're not self-confident to begin with CD can make a person feel paranoid. (Which I wonder if why CD's weren't labelled as being "psychotic" long ago).