PDA

View Full Version : Katoey Looey

Elinor
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
It is a dilemma the Ladyboys of Bangkok face each year at the Edinburgh Fringe. There are ladies loos and gents loos, but, frankly, neither is quite right.
But yesterday they found a saviour - in former Lord Provost Eric Milligan, who, along with a cleaner from Edinburgh City Council opened a 'katoey looey' - the Thai phrase for a third sex toilet.
Councillor Milligan said: "I suppose at 54 years of age there are not many things you are asked to do for the first time in your life, and this is a first."
:thumbsup:

Jamie M
08-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Okay now who else read the title of the thread and instantly thought of 'Hong Kong Phoey' ;) ?

Anyway , I've never heard of this in the UK before, is it a first for the country do you think ? Personally when i used to go out I just used the ladies , discreetly of course, with no problems .

Angela Burke
08-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Number one super guy!

Natalie x
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Yes, and due credit to Edingurgh City Council for providing it. Could it be the start of a trend?:thumbsup:

StephanieCD
08-11-2005, 05:21 PM
I remember reading in a description of a mall once that the family restroom in the mall was for people with children and for those who needed another choice or something... it was phrased very well but it left it open enough where it could have been interpretted that it was for "everybody else" too. Mostly family, though ;)